Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Amaya Lake Lodge Ground Floor Layout

geodev
geodev
✭✭
I purchased this house recently, without looking too carefully at the interior. Of course, buyer beware.
It appears that about 50% of the space doesn't exist on the ground floor, judging by the exterior there should be another room.

Either the designers ran out of time before going live, or maybe there is some Dark Elf secret hidden in there.

Either way it was a disappointment when I was thinking of redecorating, would be the perfect area for the kitchen.

• xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    Me want secret rooms somewhere in ESO houses (none yet, afaik), but you know, preview?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have that house. It's awesome. The lower floor is small-ish, but then there's a large 2nd floor with two rooms, and then a 3rd floor, plus another small 4th floor, plus a huge yard with a pond. The whole house is wonderful. There are four floors to make up for three of the floors being small-ish.

I made the downstairs a kitchen.

Edited by SydneyGrey on June 20, 2017 3:55PM
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    That house lacks a proper basement : ) But it's on my list, it has a lot of room, excellent and many decorations and it's overall very pleasant to the eye : )
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just assume that the missing room IS the kitchen. That way I don't have to furnish it.

Best house in the game, IMHO. Love it, love it, love it.

I did take out most of the removable rocks in the front yard though. They take up valuable item slots, and... they're rocks.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Rye_Encoke
    Rye_Encoke
    ✭✭
    I was looking at homes to buy and found this one to be quite beautiful but then also noticed the very large space that you can't access and thought it was quite a waste. I wanted to buy it so came here looking to see if it is a secret room or something that wasn't easily found in preview mode....but apparently it isn't, it is just wasted space. Very disappointed.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought Lake Amaya as my Vvardenfell home.

It's not just the layout of the ground floor that is wrong. The floor above it is about three times larger than the exterior allows for. That floor also has an upper row of windows above the stairs which actually shares the same space as the floor above it.

I found the whole layout of the house so counterintuitive I just couldn't get comfortable with it. So, I made those first two floors of the house vanish beneath a mountain of volcanic plugs.

Here's Lake Amaya Dark Brotherhood enclave (looking from the bridge towards the storeroom)...

O28XmNV.jpg

And Lake Amaya mountain retreat...

HkZbEc8.jpg

This top bit's still a work in progress. There's a few awkward joins need smoothing off.

The place really feels like home now. Like two homes in fact.
    PC EU
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, @RaddlemanNumber7 -- really interesting! Not my cup of fur (I personally love the look of the house inside and out and would never bury it like this), but fascinating to see how you can transform a whole property into something completely different. It now looks like a mountain observatory!

Bet you need a ton of item slots, though.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can see where the walls are not aligned properly either. Oh well, stick a rug over it I guess.

hQKOyOa.png
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This house certainly has its issues, but it's far from the only large home that does. Look closely at Strident Springs or even Domus Phrasticus and you'll see quite a few problems between the interior vs. exterior.

It's been noted before in other threads that the larger a house is, the more inconsistencies there are between the interior and exterior. So, in the end, you have to decide what you're willing to live with and what you're not. My husband purchased Domus Phrasticus without really looking at it, but not long after, he noted so many inconsistencies between the interior and exterior of that home, which is a medium home. He never goes in it now and regrets his purchase of it.
  • Macsen
    Macsen
    Soul Shriven
    It is way more than 50% of the first floor that's gone. It's more like 90%. In fact if you really walk around you can see that everything that should be under the second floor, except for the stair well, is just gone. Is there a way to improvise access to that space?
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, @RaddlemanNumber7 -- really interesting! Not my cup of fur (I personally love the look of the house inside and out and would never bury it like this), but fascinating to see how you can transform a whole property into something completely different. It now looks like a mountain observatory!

@RaddlemanNumber7 very interesting. I often considered this approach to the house. I would be very interested and appreciative if you ever got a chance to post a video, even if it just a work in progress. I think you have a very good approach to this house.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »

@RaddlemanNumber7 very interesting. I often considered this approach to the house. I would be very interested and appreciative if you ever got a chance to post a video, even if it just a work in progress. I think you have a very good approach to this house.

Things have moved on since then. I just got so fed up with it in the end that I buried the whole house under a mountain of volcanic plugs. This it the view from the entrance now.

4wgPISc.png

I only use the store room now. It's supposed to be a Velothi tomb that's been repurposed as a Dark Brotherhood enclave for a couple of my bad guys

aDRDqWY.jpg
    PC EU