Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Feedback] New Campaigns Kastav and D'Albei

IcyDeadPeople
IcyDeadPeople
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I believe these two new 7-day standard campaigns have been added to handle increased traffic due to Midyear Mayhem event. Since this morning, Vivec queue has been around 200 and even Shor is starting to get queue. The new standard campaigns are a great idea, as it seems the majority of people prefer to play in campaigns with champion points enabled.

However, everyone who already has Vivec as home and Shor as guest is unable to queue for Kastav or D'Albei. Not quite sure how this could be addressed, other than if we had two guest campaigns, or were able to queue for the new ones without selecting as guest?

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not switch guest to one of the new campaigns? The guest-switching cooldown is only a minute now, so there shouldn't be any impediment to doing that unless there's something janky going on.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Why not switch guest to one of the new campaigns? The guest-switching cooldown is only a minute now, so there shouldn't be any impediment to doing that unless there's something janky going on.

You mean I can switch guest to the new campaign and then switch guest back to Shor a few minutes later?
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which que? PC NA DC was reporting a 5 ish minute que at 2pm est and when I got logged in the morning, while showing locked I was instantly ported in.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean I can switch guest to the new campaign and then switch guest back to Shor a few minutes later?

Yes indeedy.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really should time this midyear event with the END of the existing campaigns.
    And start new ones on the day of the event starting. And unbind everyone from the campaigns to be free to temporarily choose a new one.
    Being locked out of a campaign you have already invested time in for a 1/3 of its length, because of PVE-ers, is pretty thoughtless.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    They really should time this midyear event with the END of the existing campaigns.
    And start new ones on the day of the event starting. And unbind everyone from the campaigns to be free to temporarily choose a new one.
    Being locked out of a campaign you have already invested time in for a 1/3 of its length, because of PVE-ers, is pretty thoughtless.

Definitely agree. I'm homed in Vivec Xbox NA, and I'm not getting spending a day in there for the last few days of the campaign because the queue is 300-400
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No timer on guest changes anymore, so go nuts!

I solo queued 4 different camps yesterday, trying to find something stable and active.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really

Almost as thoughtless as scaring off new blood worried someone will tell them they are offensive for taking up "pvp player slots".

Worries, by the way, that contribute to three campaigns on a game with millions of players (two of which are rarely full even at prime time).

Sorry that you lose a campaign in a video game one month a year, or something.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew it would go from 1 to Snowflake pretty quickly but I expected a few more replies in between jeeez.....

Do you really think that a laggy, excessively competitive campaign like Vivec is the most sensible place for the 'New Blood' that you mention to begin their furore into the world of PVP?

The new campaigns are opened because of the influx of players wishing to temporarily join Cyrodiil, and yet they still insist on stacking on the busiest of campaigns. Skewing the scoring of an already ongoing system.
    Head right on over to one of the newer campaigns where you'll not only have less lag, you'll have less likelihood of being chewed up and spat out by the more seasoned PVPers.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as less seasoned pvpers in new campaigns..

plenty of grand warlords in those new campaigns

plenty of bombers in the new campaigns too

plenty of salty zone chat too

only thing missing is the lag....from ball blobs...im sure they be there soon
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I knew it would go from 1 to Snowflake pretty quickly but I expected a few more replies in between jeeez.....

Apparently it did, the second your precious campaign had "PvE players" in it.
    Do you really think that a laggy, excessively competitive campaign like Vivec is the most sensible place for the 'New Blood' that you mention to begin their furore into the world of PVP?

Y...yes? Isn't that what we want? More people to see both the good and the bad of pvp? I want more populated campaigns because anything other than prime time is a single guild swapping emp. It's boring. Not to mention if more people see the issues with lag and balance, perhaps more pressure will be put on zos to actually fix it. It's kinda sensible: big draws get major attention. More pvpers, more attention to pvp.
    The new campaigns are opened because of the influx of players wishing to temporarily join Cyrodiil, and yet they still insist on stacking on the busiest of campaigns. Skewing the scoring of an already ongoing system.

If they're new to pvp, they're prolly going to go with friends. Some friends are likely to have set home and guest campaigns. Expecting only newbs in Kastav and d'albei is unreasonable. You're going to see plenty of hardcore pvpers in these campaigns waiting for their Vivec/Shor to pop.
    Head right on over to one of the newer campaigns where you'll not only have less lag, you'll have less likelihood of being chewed up and spat out by the more seasoned PVPers.

Neither of those things happen to me, so I assume you mean "you" in the general sense :)
    Edited by DocFrost72 on July 27, 2018 3:30PM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes indeedy.

Sounds awesome!

However, today I tried to change back to Shor guest and it wasn't letting me. I seem to be permanently stuck in low pop Kastav now. Is there any way for somebody else to queue me into Shor? Or is that option no longer available?

When I logged out yesterday, I was in Shor (with Kastav set to guest campaign). Today when I logged on I was back in Kastav and doesn't seem to be any way for me to switch to Shor guest.

EDIT: nvm seems you must exit Cyrodiil first to change guest campaign! Works perfectly now and thanks for your help!
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 27, 2018 8:13PM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny ... Cos on EU PS4 that's pretty much how it did work
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is D'Albei even supposed to mean?
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new campaigns for the event are a good idea, but the execution is probably not helping PvEers new to Cyrodiil as much as they (both new players and ZOS) might think. Kastav and D'Albei are can be good when the population of one faction isn't ridiculously below the others. But there have been times when any given faction just stacks population (Since many players will join in based on seeing their faction having the majority of population) and then they just zerg across the map to grab undefended resources and mostly empty keeps until they get bored, leave, and then the whole map flips. Shor has a steadier population since it's an ongoing campaingn, with plenty of good combat from small skirmishes to full-on sieges during prime time. But it fills up, especially during the event.

The other issue going on in Kastav and D'Albei is the high-level PVPers going in to just farm AP off of killing new players. Plenty of PvDoor, bridge and resource trolling, and whipping up some (impressively) mindless zergs. Yes, it's war and all, but for players trying out PVP for the first time ,it's going to be counter-intuitive and off-putting to discover that the less-populated campaigns might get them killed more often - with fewer chances of gaining AP from kills and captures - than it would be to join a more crowded campaign. Meanwhile, some long-term players in Shor and Vivec are loudly grumbling about the influx of inexperienced PVEers. Nobody's happy.

So, I'd say the new campaigns are good at least for taking a load off of the established campaigns, but they're hit-or-miss as far as giving new-to-PVP players a good first experience in Cyrodiil. Not sure if there's really any good solution though, because Cyrodiil is an open sandbox. Gaining the upper hand by any means is just how it goes.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you expect? It's a holiday season and, well, everyone's miserable
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are dead
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is D'Albei even supposed to mean?

Several of us have asked about that; no response yet. :(
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works