The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] Improve the Mastercrafter Voucher Vendor

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The price for vouchers is steadily decreasing, due to a constant amount of mastercrafter writs entering the system, and very little to actually use the vouchers on.

The mastercrafter voucher merchant has one great flaw, which is that most of the stuff on him you only need to buy once, and then you're done with it. Like all the furniture recipes. Guilds also only buy the attunable set stations once for each set, until they have the full collection. Thus, the mastercrafter vendor needs some new items to sell, and preferably some consumables as well.

One obvious thing to put on the mastercrafter vendor is style mats required for crafting furniture. That would fit very well there, seeing that many mastercrafters would actually need those rare style pieces. The cost shouldn't be too high, since people would just pass on buying them and get them elsewhere instead.

- Culanda Laquer: 3 vouchers
- Dwemer Frames: 1 voucher
- Malachite: 1 voucher
- Bonemold Resin: 3 vouchers
- Vitrified Molondo: 1 voucher

All these items are used in the recipes sold by Rolis Hlaalu, thus it makes sense for him to sell the mats as well. Prices have been calculated roughly from the average MM prices over time. 1 voucher usually equals 800 gold, thus it's ~2400 gold for a Culanda or Bonemold, and ~800 gold for a Dwemer frame, Molondo or Malachite. These prices are a lot higher than the PC EU MM price, thus putting them for sale at Rolis wouldn't undermine the market.

Other consumables/ingredients he could sell:

- Perfect Roe: 12 vouchers
- Fortified Nirncrux: 2 vouchers
- Potent Nirncrux: 12 vouchers
- 12 x Alchemical Resin or 12 x Decorative Wax or 12 x Mundane Runes or 12 x Heartwood or 12 x Regulus or 12 x Ochre or 12 x Bast and Clean Pelt: 1 voucher

Perfect Roe is used in more and more furnishing recipes, thus is makes sense for it to be for sale at the mastercrafter vendor as well. 12 vouchers prices it a little above the MM average price, thus it wouldn't undermine the fishing market. The voucher prices for Nirncrux is also above the current market prices.
And finally, the prices for furniture crafting materials is fluctuating wildly, sometimes scraping the bottom with 3-4 gold per items for the cheapest, and sometimes rising wildly especially for runes and wax, whenever people sell less and the demand is higher. Pricing it at 1 voucher for 12 items is about 66 gold per item, which in most cases is higher than market price. It would have a stabilizing effect on the wild fluctuations of wax and runes, which seem to be the materials most in demand. Wax is the hardest to farm consistently, and runes are used in way too many recipes compared to the other materials. Having these materials for sale for 1 voucher per 12 items will at least leave a source for them without having to always rely on a fickle and fluctuating market that is prone to price fixing. Bast and especially Clean Pelts are always low in price, and the pelts couldn't justify a voucher cost, so I lumped them together so you can get both pelts and bast for 1 voucher.

Finally, loads of people are looking for the Ayleid and Dwarven recipes, especially the purples. For a quick sink of a lot of vouchers, you could introduce an Exotic Recipes document which gives you a chance for a random blue or purple Ayleid or Dwarven recipe. The document could be priced at whichever seems fair, something along 50 vouchers per document seems fair, since you can get both purples and blues from the same document. The loottable for Ayleid and Dwarven isn't large enough to justify documents for both blue and purple, but lumping them together will create enough of a loottable, sometimes you get unlucky and get a blue one, sometimes you get lucky enough to get a purple one. That's about 40k gold cost for every document, which seems like a good starting point. Thus:

- Exotic furnishing recipe document (random chance for a blue or purple Ayleid or Dwarven recipe): 50 vouchers

The documents would quickly remove a lot of stored vouchers from people, and the possibility to buy furnishing materials, roes, nirncrux and rare style mats would provide a steady sink of vouchers out of the system, in place of ingredients used in furniture crafting. The prices can be discussed, but for the materials, they really have to be somewhat competitive with the selling prices, otherwise people won't waste their vouchers on them. On the other hand, they can't be so cheap as to undermine the other avenues of the materials, or the selling and trade of them. All the voucher prices suggested above are above the selling price on the market, at least on my server.

Currently, the mastercrafter vendor only holds one thing that's valuable to me, and that's the new golden recipes that come now and then. Once I have bought those, I never go back to him. Large trade guilds buy the attunable stations, but only once, and once they have them all, they don't come back to him either. To make the vendor interesting, he needs to sell something that is continually in use and deman, instead of only one-time only things like recipes.
Selling things that are for the majority used in furniture crafting, makes sense for a crafter, and for a vendor that sells mostly furnishing recipes anyway.
I hope this idea can at least serve as a starting point in a discussion to make the mastercrafter vendor more relevant and attractive.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MSchroeder @ZOS_Edward @ZOS_Chris @ZOS_Holden
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good idea and well thought through.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haenk wrote: »
    Good idea and well thought through.

Thank you for that.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    make 1 voucher 1 crown :)

yeah they will never do that, but gifting is allowed now and crown for x gold is already there anyway :pensive:

that would give a boost to economy though, save up 15k vouchers for a house
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »

yeah they will never do that, but gifting is allowed now and crown for x gold is already there anyway :pensive:

Yes, that will never happen. Exchanging Crowns for ingame stuff, such as gold, gives them more sales.

Exchanging ingame stuff, such as gold or vouchers, for Crowns, nets them fewer sales of Crowns.

Besides, even buying houses and other large stuff with vouchers is still a "one-off", once you have bought that house, you still don't need anything else.

We need more things for sale from the vendor that are continually in use and demand, and crafting materials seems to be the most logic solution.
    Edited by Carbonised on August 1, 2018 8:53AM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    immozz01 wrote: »

Yes, that will never happen. Exchanging Crowns for ingame stuff, such as gold, gives them more sales.

Exchanging ingame stuff, such as gold or vouchers, for Crowns, nets them fewer sales of Crowns.

Besides, even buying houses and other large stuff with vouchers is still a "one-off", once you have bought that house, you still don't need anything else.

We need more things for sale from the vendor that are continually in use and demand, and crafting materials seems to be the most logic solution.

I agree in general on your p.o.v. there is however a delicate issue and that is you need to keep players running around to gather stuff, else maps will be empty. This is just a %% matter what you suggest, but what if for example they delete the daily useless crown potions and give some craft materials? in the end that chops off the need to walk around, last thing you want in a mmo is empty maps and dungeons.

we and or ZOS need to figure out a balanced way to keep players active, your suggestion is real good to start with. 15k vouchers for 15k crowns was half a joke. however I believe that even though that is a one-off it will give a push to activity.

ESO needs a gold sink, after making all (swap)gear on my main and buying some houses there is nothing really to spend on.
    Once you hit 1(0)M gold you start to wonder why on earth you should try sell anything more

beside that: great suggestion, thank you
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carbonised very well thought out and explained post. I, too, have thought that the master writ merchant needs an expanded inventory, and I agree that adding in things like the furnishing mats makes good sense.

One other thing that would be cool if they implemented is several tiers of "random motif chapters" in the same vein that the furnishing plans are currently set up.

Random "Overland" motif chapter - 10 vouchers. *This would include motifs currently awarded for doing basic overland activities and daily quests such as Minotaur, Ra'Gada, Ebonshadow, Apostle, Trinimac, etc.

Random "Dungeon/Trial" motif chapter - 35 vouchers. *Silken Ring, Mazzatun, Celestial, Dreadhorn, Fang Lair, etc.

By now, there's enough of a loot pool that this shouldn't cripple those who farm the new DLC dungeons for the motifs to sell, and we all know how weighted ESO's RNG is, so I'm sure you'd get far more Celestial and Silken Ring than you would whatever the newest DLC dungeons are putting out. It would just be another way for crafters to expand their motif knowledge and/or sell surplus chapters.

Just my thoughts.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Feric51

Usually I'd agree that motifs could be another purchase from the vendor, but we have had so many events that drop motifs, no least the yearly anniversary event, where motifs drop to half or a third of their original price. Some motifs are already at 2k per page, or 6-8 per page for the more "expensive" ones. And once next anniversary event is here, the recent ones will drop in price to that level as well.

So while the idea in general could work, we don't really need any new sources for motif pages, with all the motif that ZOS drops in huge numbers every time there is an event.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great suggestion! Plus, Rolis already sells some crafting mats (Night Pumice, Animus Stone, Diminished Aetherial Dust), so adding new ones would be in line with his current offerings (although the ones he currently offers aren't available elsewhere).

I like the idea of an Exotic Furnishing Document - perhaps it could also include the newer Daedric plans (doorway, fence, etc.) but maybe they aren't that hard to farm. I've never come across them myself, and they still seem to be pretty expensive at guild traders.

Another option to expand his stock would be to offer different (better/nicer) versions of the crafting stations. Granted, these would largely be one-time purchases (or several, if someone were including crafting areas in more than one house), but having that variety sure would be nice. Especially for the provisioning station, which players would likely buy more of to have a working provisioning station in each of their kitchens.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 1, 2018 7:09PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New crafting stations would be an excellent thing to sell at Rolis too.

But we have been asking for them since Morrowind, and I have no idea why they simply will not release some new ones that are already in the game, such as the Vvardenfell brass oven or the Clockwork variants.

But yes, more luxurious crafting station variants would be another thing to sell at Rolis.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post @Carbonized.

Personally, I’d like to see more new stuff at the master writ vendor (like your rare 50 voucher recipe) ... rather than perfect roe which can be found in other content. Keeps the master writ vendor fresh and unique. It also keeps players from sitting on vouchers ... and prevents the voucher-to-gold ratio from slipping further.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 1, 2018 8:09PM