The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragon disciple build possible for dragon knight?

Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Now thats totaly insane im proposing a build using LIGHT ARMOR with sword shield or staff that use only ardant flame and draconic magic do you think its possible to make a spell damage based dragon knight?
One bow to darken the sun
One bow to unite the clans
One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • sbrite10b14_ESO
    People are doing that now.Using the Dark Elf as a race with the passive bonuses to fire.Its pretty much one of the highest DPS builds out right now.
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm doing something similar, however I am Dark Elf going Heavy Armor, Ardent Flame, duel wield. Maybe 2 pieces of Light Armor for regen later on
  • Blakkheim
    Blakkheim
    ✭✭
    You just pretty much described my character to the 'T'.

Dark Elf Dragonknight using Inferno Staff w/ 5 Light and 2 Heavy Armor setup and using pretty much only Ardant Flame and Draconic Magic.

As I get more skill points as I level higher, I will begin to upgrade the Tank Skill Lines.
  • Atama
    Atama
    ✭✭✭
    This was one of the most popular builds during beta, for months. Fire staff + Ardent Flame has good synergy. One caution... If you go Dark Elf you don't reap the benefits until pretty late (the bonus fire damage racial takes a while to acquire), in my experience going Breton or High Elf at least makes the lower levels easier (because they are more focused on Magicka use and one makes Destro Staff level faster, the other makes light armor level faster).
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    DW/Ardent Flame looks like it would have some significant strength to it. Definitely would go 5 light/2 heavy with something like that. I'm currently working on a destruction/restoration staff build using the buffs from earthen heart as a hybrid type build. Plan on lore hunting tonight in Auridon (chose High Elf) so that I can get Magelight.
  • Atama
    Atama
    ✭✭✭
    DW/Ardent Flame looks like it would have some significant strength to it. Definitely would go 5 light/2 heavy with something like that. I'm currently working on a destruction/restoration staff build using the buffs from earthen heart as a hybrid type build. Plan on lore hunting tonight in Auridon (chose High Elf) so that I can get Magelight.
    One of my characters right now is a Dark Elf with dual weapons, he's a Dragonknight split between Earthen Heart (Molten Weapons adds a lot of damage to your weapon attacks) and Ardent Flame (I love pulling enemies to me with Fiery Reach, and Searing Strike does awesome damage in close range for very little Magicka cost). Being a Dark Elf gives me fire damage bonuses (eventually) and I level up my dual weapons quickly. There are nice synergies with this setup and I liked it in beta a lot.