Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – August 2018"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase – August 2018. Check out all the unique and wonderful pets, mounts, outfit styles, costumes, and more arriving in August!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no female high elf costumes? I don't understand why they are being withheld.
    PC EU
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no female high elf costumes? I don't understand why they are being withheld.

Those costumes are unisex and "female" characters can wear them just as much as "male" characters. What's a "female" costume supposed to look like anyway? Mmhmm.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised we are getting the Kena set next instead of an easier dungeon. There will be some pain in vet pug groups!
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we have a engine guardian or sentinel monster weapon set soon? I love all things dwemer. Also please release the dwemer colossus furnishing
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    [SUMMERSET SPOILERS]

So in Sotha Sil's workshop in Artauem, there's a full Dwarven Colossus hanging in a corner.
    6rd5nakxkwde.png
    232omjmqc3ea.png

It's hanging to the ceiling via a connector.
    tigay1wyls0k.png

Any chance we can get this big boy for our own housing in some way?
    nnqtiu90ebk5.png
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 31, 2018 5:31PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those costumes are unisex and "female" characters can wear them just as much as "male" characters. What's a "female" costume supposed to look like anyway? Mmhmm.
    I would guess the dresses and skirted costumes which NPC's have. They're unisex for players but generally female for NPC's.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cant access the article, the age gate thing doesn’t work... I’m past forty and I’m locked out by the dam age gate :#

Okay, so I can acces it with any browser except safari..... okey dokey

On a side note, the lighting effect staff is nice, the rest is a bit meh. Also I will pass on a bit of feed back from my guild, stick an option to make female nord charecters as big as Lyris and they will give you all the monies o:)
    Edited by Integral1900 on July 31, 2018 5:43PM
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , is there any possibility that the Firepet Spider is supposed to be a Firepot Spider? ;P

@Jayne_Doe has shown me the error of my ways.
    Edited by opaj on July 31, 2018 8:04PM
  • Kotusha
    Kotusha
    ✭✭✭
    Prong-Eared Grimalkin looks a lot like my cat... except for the ears, my cat only has two :)
    cPnmSAjGu2Y.jpg
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great dane!

<3
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The snooty elf trash panda is quite appealing yes.

Alas this one she will be travelling away from Tamriel, like many at this time of year, so she will probably contact the support and see if they can hold one at an animal shelter until this one she can return to collect it.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The noble female high elf costume was datamined a LONG time ago, in May of 2017 along with the Morrowind stuff. See "Altmer Female High Elf" under costumes on the first page.

Given how long it has been and the fact that it wasn't added to the CS in June, July, or August, I'm guessing they've scrapped the offering altogether. :(
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would totally buy Kena's pack if it would include her crown. Not the helm version, that icky dremora scalp ruins the look.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing super interesting for me this month, although I do have this sudden urge to go solve some mysteries. ZOinkS.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have sworn that the Hunter's Glade would be available at the launch of the Werewolf-themed DLC.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More weapon skins!! Yay!! Based on the picture, looks like a 'sword' AND 'dagger' or just two daggers... one appears longer than the other?!?
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    I would have sworn that the Hunter's Glade would be available at the launch of the Werewolf-themed DLC.

@R_K I would guess it will be announced as a LTO shortly after the release.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    opaj wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , is there any possibility that the Firepet Spider is supposed to be a Firepot Spider? ;P

I noticed that, too, but then I read the flavor text:

In the Clockwork City, mechanical Firepot Spiders can be programmed to follow chefs around like little walking barbecues. Someone has devised a secret method for exporting them from Sotha Sil's hidden world as “Firepets”—but how? Better get one while you still can.

They are clearly designed for male bodies, have a male Altmer posing for it, and the description clearly indicates it's made for a male. Yes, females can wear these, but they are not unisex in their design. There are female Altmer dresses in-game that female NPCs are wearing - that is what we want.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 31, 2018 7:35PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pariah's Pinnacle is returning for the Orsinium event, so August already has a Crown Store exclusive house scheduled.
    signing off
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Prong-Eared Grimalkins are widely regarded as having supernatural powers thanks to their ability to appear almost instantly when a container of cat food is opened, and to fit themselves into boxes that seem entirely too small for them."

I must have one in-game! I have two in real life.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie there's some choice offerings here! While not everything strikes my fancy there's a great selection for all types, it seems.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weapon packs are becoming very uninteresting due to the elemental effects not being persistent.

Gonna get the firepot spider for my clockwork home, and it's 'meh' to the rest.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm that Dragon Priest costume looks intresting I hope it wont dye trash like the Telvanni Battlearmor
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Othniel327
    Othniel327
    ✭✭✭
    Cant access the article, the age gate thing doesn’t work... I’m past forty and I’m locked out by the dam age gate :#

Having the same issue with Firefox. It just loops back to the homepage.
  • D3AKUs
    D3AKUs
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Pariah's Pinnacle is returning for the Orsinium event, so August already has a Crown Store exclusive house scheduled.

If Hunters Glade is going to be an overpriced Limited Time Sale that would be absolutely horrible . Housing is in DESPERATE need of clean empty spaces like Coldharbour Surreal Estate. It should really stay in the store and after looking at it in detail not be anymore then a maximum of 8-10k crowns. If theyll take another route on that matter and overprice it and put it up only for a few days i cant take the developers seriously anymore. And that comes from someone that gladly buys overpriced stuff like Aldmeri Grotto if i like it - but it should be clear to offer stuff housing really needs for an unlimited time to everyone - and thats an open space to be freely and truly creative, thats what the Glade will offer , like Coldharbour did before. If they keep that away from the majority of players it would be absolutely sad and ridiculous at the same time.
    Edited by D3AKUs on July 31, 2018 9:33PM
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Tyrants of the Merethic furnishing pack...FINALLY! More dragon-related furnishings! <3
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans for these?
    2c5240d0725282c8d72a99cf5c6ec0d9.jpg
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the Great Dane if it looked more like Scooby Doo...
    But eh, there's nothing I want this month. LOL
  • agasaagasai
    agasaagasai
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the last month for Summerset stuff to possibly come to the store? I've been really looking forward to that Maormer fish skin... Maybe have to wait till anniversary a year later...
  • Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on
    Give us almer female dresses pleaaase? All three tiers of them? They've been in game for a long time already
    Edited by Fortunatto on August 1, 2018 2:41AM
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained | Dawnbringer | Godslayer | PC EU
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Why does the Prong-Eared Grimalkin have 4 ears? Confused.
    Edited by Jazdia on August 1, 2018 5:20AM