Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS - Please Rethink Midyear Mayhem

Enemy-of-Coldharbour
Enemy-of-Coldharbour
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear ZOS,

Please change Midyear Mayhem to double AP and Boon Boxes only and make the Star Made Night achievement obtainable all year (with some modification). I could fill a whole page with my reasons why, but there are already dozens of other threads detailing the issues with this event I'm sure you are already aware of.

Respectfully,
EOC

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
@ZOS_RichLambert
@ZOS_MattFiror

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty solid idea tbh.

And one of the achievements for the SMK title involves boon boxes, so people would have to participate in the event to get the title, but you'd still be able to work on the more tedious achievements at other times.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could replace the Boon Box part with a certain number of Rewards for the Worthy.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty solid idea tbh.

And one of the achievements for the SMK title involves boon boxes, so people would have to participate in the event to get the title, but you'd still be able to work on the more tedious achievements at other times.

Not a bad idea. Really, the only achievement that people could struggle with though is the 50 kills one (Wrath of the Whitestrake, I think). I got the achievements done in just a couple of days, but I’m sure quite a few people, particularly those new to pvp, are having difficulty completing these in time.
    Edited by Stovahkiin on July 31, 2018 3:34PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t agree with taking the title given for completing the pvp event, and making it easier to obtain, particularly for “people new to pvp”... I’m sure many of them would like to practice, and earn the title the way everyone else that has it has done anyway.
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the point of this - the achievements aren't really that difficult, and if you don't get them this year, you can try again next year for whatever achievements were missed.

Not having that title impacts your gameplay in no way whatsoever, and makes the Midyear Mayhem event a little more appealing to take part in.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    Pretty solid idea tbh.

Not a bad idea. Really, the only achievement that people could struggle with though is the 50 kills one (Wrath of the Whitestrake, I think). I got the achievements done in just a couple of days, but I’m sure quite a few people, particularly those new to pvp, are having difficulty completing these in time.

The new one for killing all the named roaming bosses in IC is pretty tedious, too. I don't feel like PvEing during the PvP event, so I'm skipping that one, lol.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure on the driver for this. Things need sorting for peak volume events, I.e changing players behaviour. But unsure why making a half decent cheevo available all year for everyone to get easily is good.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who is struggling to get the 50 kills, and who is new to PVP... I don't support this, just because PVE players get limited time holiday events so I think it's fine for PVPers to have their own too.

I know I suck at PVP and this event is way harder for me than a seasoned PVPer, but I really really want the laurel and the housing decorations that come from it, so I'm trying!

The plus is this event has made me realize I actually really like BGs and want to get better at PVP.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really it's not hard to get ... Most people don't realise the SMK title doesn't require all the achievements only some of them

All the easy ones