Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

TESO great game - Couple of suggestions

Altheina
Altheina
✭✭✭
Hello everyone, been playing this awesome game for few hours now and I've got couple of suggestions to make, which may get mixed reviews from many of you. Here goes:

1) I know this is pretty trivial but, will it be nice for pets not to take up inventory space upon summon? Maybe add a slot within the character profile just like equipment and vanity slots and we can summon/un-summon our pets there?

2) Make our characters stay within objects they are interacting with(while mining, chopping wood,etc...) so that the action don't get interrupted whenever we decide to open our inventories(thrashing out items to free up space)?

Apologies beforehand if this should go to another category, but I couldn't find 'Suggestion' category, thus posting this here.

Thanks
Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Cabot
    Cabot
    ✭✭✭
    you may want to add it to the in-game feedback also, since they will probably see it there first. Just hit the enter key and in the chat window line type /feedback and a dialog box will open of for you.
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    Cabot wrote: »
    you may want to add it to the in-game feedback also, since they will probably see it there first. Just hit the enter key and in the chat window line type /feedback and a dialog box will open of for you.

Oh cool! Thanks for pointing this out Cabot, didn't know I could do this in game :)
    Edited by Altheina on April 3, 2014 7:35AM
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, they said several times they ignore feedback on the forums, they want it through /feedback
    The reason is, often innocent posts turn into flame fests when more people are... interacting
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was looking for a "General" "Suggestions" area myself. I would also like to add fantastic job on the game Zenimax.

I do have some suggestions that could help the longevity of the sub model we all would like to see continue, and without deviating from your vision on how this game should play out.
    • The Guild Store could use a search box for the buy section, similar to the search function to sell. The current way it's setup with many pages of listed items all scattered & mismatched, even with the option of rarity/price/type of item, it seems messy and hard to follow, list, and buy among guild mates.
    • Respec costs are very high, too high. I understand the need of gold sinks in the game, but this could be a serious issue in the long term of bringing and keeping new players to the game. Maybe somehow through additional types of mounts, or additions (cosmetic etc)to current mounts you could come up w/another gold sink to offset a large reduction in respecs.

Perks
      1. Allows players to really get to know their classes, experiment, and greatly increase the enjoyment of leveling, group events, AvA.
      2. A trinity based mmorpg needs the flexibility of dual spec option, or free/very cheap respecs to accommodate content that requires the holy trinity. If not, shortage of certain roles fall behind and players frustrations of time spent looking or losing a role brings the game down as a whole, turning away players.
      3. Gaming is about fun! the perks to low/no cost respecs & swappable out of combat dual specs would greatly enhance the player experience particularly pre endgame content when leveling as a devoted tank/healer are pushed aside for the ease of control/dps causing a shortage of roles & missed content.
      4. Other trinity based mmorpg's have adopted the dual spec, no cost/low cost respec learning how it has benefited the game and community as a whole.

I hope this is seen and taken with serious consideration, as of right now this is the only glaring issue I can see be a problem year one of Elder Scrolls Online.

Thanks.
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    Actually, they said several times they ignore feedback on the forums, they want it through /feedback
    The reason is, often innocent posts turn into flame fests when more people are... interacting

Completely understandable and wise idea for Zenimax to encourage players to submit in game feedback. However, I feel it would still be nice to have Feedback section in the forum(despite potential trolls and flame posts) to see the general consensus of responses from others about suggestions put up by players.

Just my 0.02 cents :)
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@‌Cabot too
    Thanks for the info, I didn't know about the /feedback option ingame. Logged in just to send some feedback.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on April 3, 2014 8:33AM
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Completely understandable and wise idea for Zenimax to encourage players to submit in game feedback. However, I feel it would still be nice to have Feedback section in the forum(despite potential trolls and flame posts) to see the general consensus of responses from others about suggestions put up by players.

Just my 0.02 cents :)

Yes but this isn't that section, is the Player helps players one. Also, I doubt ZOS cares about 'consensus', they want your feedback in a private way
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    @Wolfpaw Great suggestion and although I must admit that I am not in the position to comment as I just started playing it, from my newbie perspective of the game, each class has some sort of ability to self heal, which more or less cover the healing dept so that would cover at 2 out of 3 trinity aspect of the standard game mechanics.

Now that you mention about respec option, would it be possible to eventually cover all skills considering that we could get Skyshards to gain additional skill points? If so, there wouldn't be a respec option otherwise, would be good to have :)
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Wolfpaw Great suggestion and although I must admit that I am not in the position to comment as I just started playing it, from my newbie perspective of the game, each class has some sort of ability to self heal, which more or less cover the healing dept so that would cover at 2 out of 3 trinity aspect of the standard game mechanics.

Now that you mention about respec option, would it be possible to eventually cover all skills considering that we could get Skyshards to gain additional skill points? If so, there wouldn't be a respec option otherwise, would be good to have :)

I would hope so at level cap endgame the need to respec would be obsolete, instead just swapping abilities/weapons in and out depending on scenario. I plan to just play one character, so maxing him out would be ideal.

I will have to do more research and see the possible amount of skill, attribute points that can be acquired for morphing spells of all three class roles, weapons, racials, guilds, crafting, etc..

From what i've seen & experienced low level so far is a serious lack of devoted healers for group content/dungeons, and the issues players are having filling those roles getting to cap level.

Players leveling past a zone never experiencing a certain dungeon due to lack of a role, and that stinks. I love the challenge and aesthetics of this game, and future players I'm sure would love the ease and experience of entering this content, also all the hard work Zenimax has put into it for all to experience it.

and that is where I see the problem, keeping players so used to character options in other mmo's being so restricted in this game in respecs and roles. Now I don't want the game "dumb" down in anyway, that challenge in itself compared to other mmo's in todays market is a breath of fresh air, big time...but I don't think adding flexibility for player character choices would do that, only enhance the community and player experience to face this content as they level.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on April 3, 2014 9:01AM
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    @Wolfpaw One great mmo that I could think of that meets your perspective is Rift and I must say I kinda like the ability to transition between classes on the fly to fill the role gaps in the trinity system.

I am not sure if I say this correctly but in my limited knowledge of this game so far, I see that Zenimax wants TESO to be challenging for players at the same time giving some flexibilites in terms of giving each class some form of healing capabilities. I must, however, admit that I must see the consistency of this applied in the end game, which I don't have the insight on at the moment...

WIth regards to experiencing certain dungeons, what I see is that many players tend to want to rush through it as I believe that they just want to level up as quickly as they possibly can(especially during this early access period). Which becoming pretty much a norm in today's mmo.

PS: Would be great if some high level players jump in and give us some insight about the higher level contents to see if the lack of classes are really felt in the later dungeons :)
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To use myself for example, I plan to be full on AvA/dungeon Healer/support, it's the role that I enjoy the most. As I started out my action set & skill points I focused on healing, with a mix of course some dps/control (not really devoted in points as much as heals).

Leveling was ok, 1v2 I fared "ok", & towards the end of a quest chain "boss" would really make me sweat it out sometimes dieing 2-4x or coming back when I was higher level to complete (note: I tried to group up w/others, but these seem to be solo instanced only as we couldn't enter together after multiple tries). Than as I progressed I was having issues up against mobs packed 2-4 in many quest zones, spending much of my time sneaking around or not engaging.

So I gave up the cloth mix, support weapon, and focus in support/heals for the sake of leveling, and gave a control/dps a shot.

Big'ol 2h, stun/knockbacks, AE cleave dmg & have been melting packs of mobs 1-4, some a few levels higher than myself ever since.

So one less healer on the road I suppose to cap is all, but I have heard this very same thing from other guildies taking this route w/tank & heal roles for the sake of leveling.

I would also like to hear from other players leveling outside of the dps/control norm 20-49