The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Only one weapon skill slotted — still worth using weapon poisons?

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
"All Poisons are applied 20% of the time on Light Attacks, Heavy Attacks, or Weapon Abilities."

I've been using double-damage poisons on my Stamblade's frontbar 2H for the longest time, and have begun to wonder if it's the optimal choice—as I don't have a whole lot of ways to proc it.

The only weapon skill slotted on my frontbar would be Stampede—which I'd use maybe once in a fight, if at all. Beyond that, the only things proccing the poison are my weaves. And with how inconsistent light attack targeting can be, I can't even rely on those.

Would I get better results slotting a direct-damage glyph instead? Poison & disease glyphs add a nice, guaranteed chunk of damage at the start of a fight, with the possibility of proccing useful status effects (though not against Bosmer and Argos).

Or is the sheer DoT pressure of the DD poisons worth waiting for?
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it were me, I'd use a glyph in that situation. Or I'd at least try both and compare them.

Even if your light weaves are perfect, you are looking at kinda low poison uptime on just light attacks--where poisons shine is with weapon spammables or weapon dots, imo.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As to if it's worth it to continue running poisons, I don't know, but if you're using poison injection that can proc your poison when you switch to your front bar.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA