The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No style materials available for some motifs?

Ri_Khan
Ri_Khan
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently discovered that certain style materials don't drop and the only way to obtain them is by decon'ing a piece of gear made in that style.

How many motifs are like this exactly?

Best Answers

• DeSyreni
    DeSyreni
    ✭✭
    Lets see,

Skinchanger, Hollowjack, and Wormcult all only drop during respective events.

And then the three crown store only motifs. That's all afaik.
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's about the only use for mimic stones ... providing you know the crown-store exclusive motif already.

Of course, that's if you have no interest in using the outfit overlay.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 28, 2018 3:15AM
    Answer ✓
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are also a few style materials that drop so rarely they are effectively decon only. Or, they are one of those “gather 10 to make one style stone” deals. Dwemer frames are way easier to get by doing Darkshade and deconing Automaton, for example. Similar story with the Great House motifs in Morrowind.
    Answer ✓
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    Starlock wrote: »
    There are also a few style materials that drop so rarely they are effectively decon only...

Which ones are like this?

Looking at the list, these ones:
    • Xivkyn - Ashes of Remorse submat (way easier to break down gear from WGT/ICP)
    • Dwemer - Dwemer Scrap submat (way easier to break down Automaton from Darkshade dungeon)
    • Thieves Guild - Coarse Chalk submat (only occassionaly found in troves, way easier to decon from gear)
    • Militant Ordinator - Dull Sphaelerite submat (just break down Battlegrounds gear... save your AP)
    • Minotaur - Oxblood Fungus Spores submat (stupid uncommon, just break down Morihaus set gear or do daily)
    • Order of the Hour - Grains of Pearl Sand submat (also uncommon, just do daily and break down Flanking set)
    • All house motifs (Redoran, Telvanni, Hlaluu) - submats only drop from ledgermain and rarely, so gear breakdown of sets in Morrowind way more efficient

I suppose you could add all other dungeon styles to “get this by decon gear” as well.
    Edited by Starlock on July 28, 2018 1:52PM
    Answer ✓
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Worm Cult you can get the style material from deconstructing items from the Withered Hand set, which drops in Alik'r.
    Answer ✓
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plus, Skinchanger and Hollowjack will drop again during their festivals upcoming at the end of the year. I see in the PTS patch notes that they've reduced the droprate on Amber Marbles (style mat for Hollowjack) for the Witches Festival. But, you'll still get a ton of it if you participate in the festival. Same with Wolfsbane for Skinchanger - you'll get a lot of it during the New Life Festival at the end of the year.

Really, it's just the Crown Store exclusive motifs that require mimic stones (though you can decon gear crafted in that style for a chance at the style stone, e.g. Stahlrim for Frostcaster motif). But, these motifs are never required for writs, and unless you actually want to craft something in one of those styles for yourself or a friend, you can just use them in an outfit.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 30, 2018 4:11PM
    Answer ✓
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies! I'm asking because I don't want to waste my time looking for something I'm never going to find in the wild. I guess I shouldn't have expected any less from the crown store. Of course it requires another purchasable item in order to craft something for a friend. Lame.

So there's Skinchanger, Hollowjack, Worm Cult, Harlequin, Frostcaster and Tsaesci. Got it.
    Starlock wrote: »
    There are also a few style materials that drop so rarely they are effectively decon only...

Which ones are like this?