The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 what do the two side by screens mean when enchanting?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
On PS4 when you are getting ready to add an enchantment let's say extra magicka to a hat on PS4 there are two item stat screens beside each other. The one on the right has the maximum magicka enchantment with a number in red let's say 984 and the one on the left has a number in green that is let's say 756. What do the different colored numbers mean? Does it mean that if you enchant the item that it will enchant with less magicka than is already on the item? I checked my numbers before and after and my max magicka does go down I enchanted a nice hat last night and my numbers decreased which sucked.

Any way to remove an enchantment entirely if so?

Not finding the answer by searching anywhere so far, it doesn't seem to be in any videos or crafting guides. Any assistance appreciated.
Edited by Veinblood1965 on July 30, 2018 2:20PM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there is no way to remove an enchantment, but you can re-enchant the piece as often as you want.

You are absolutely right that the "two screens" show the effect of changing your enchantment.

I am surprised you saw your max magicka decrease, but here are a couple of possible explanations.

1) The gear you had was already enchanted with a better quality max magicka glyph. Enchantments have the same 5 levels of quality as items (white, green, blue, purple and gold). Any gear you find will already be enchanted, and the quality of the gear will also be the quality of the enchantment - this is really cool because upgrading the gear you find upgrades the enchantment, so gold gear has the best kind of enchantment upon it. Please note that gear you craft yourself has no enchantment.

2) The enchantment you added was low level. Level scaling in this game has a massive impact on your stats. If you put a level 10 enchant on a level 20 piece of gear (especially if your character is level 25) it will give very little benefit.

I hope that helps, lots of newer players find crafting in eso to be a little over-complicated.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on July 30, 2018 2:34PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the before and after, what's currently on it opposed to what you're about to put on it.

Same screen for changing gear, weapons etc.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies the explanations were very helpful. It must have been already enchanted it was a purple Hat of Necropotance CP 160 I ended up buying from someone as I was tired of pharming for it.

I think I placed a superb glyph of magicka on it which surprised me that the numbers decreased which got me wondering if I was reading things correctly I'm almost level 50 in enchanting and have several of the (I think it's called KUTA?) stones so with any luck I can upgrade that enchantment soon.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies the explanations were very helpful. It must have been already enchanted it was a purple Hat of Necropotance CP 160 I ended up buying from someone as I was tired of pharming for it.

I think I placed a superb glyph of magicka on it which surprised me that the numbers decreased which got me wondering if I was reading things correctly I'm almost level 50 in enchanting and have several of the (I think it's called KUTA?) stones so with any luck I can upgrade that enchantment soon.

@Veinblood1965

All armour (bar crafted) will come enchanted with a relevent glyph of the same colour (e.g. light = magicka, medium = stamina, heavy = health), the same rule for jewellery (light = mag recovery, medium = stam recovery, heavy = health recovery).

If you improve the armour these will also improve, so if you're planning on upgrading the armour to gold you won't get any benefit from enchanting with a gold glyph, unless you want to change the enchantment (e.g. health -> magicka).

EDIT: In your example, since the armour was purple light, it would have had a CP160 purple magicka enchantment already.
    Edited by Sparr0w on July 30, 2018 2:58PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, I do plan on upgrading all my armor to gold (just upgraded my first piece last week unfortunately it was a CP armor 150 piece I should have upgraded a CP 160 piece instead sigh).

That's what I noticed if the enchantment was the same type of enchantment I was going to add the number on the right was red. Appreciate the information!