The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I refuse to pay ZOS anymore. This is why.

milllaurie
milllaurie
✭✭✭✭
I am cancelling my subscription after I finish this post.
I call myself a PvP player mostly because I only do PvE content to get gear or skills needed to advance in PvP.
In my opinion - PvP is the real endgame and the real test of one's build and/or skills. If I wanted PvE, I'd play Skyrim which is much better running/looking/customisable game than ESO.

The first couple of days of Midyear Mayhem were more or less enjoyable despite of lag being noticeably worse.
You can really feel the servers are working prime-time-mode 24/7.
Today I logged into Cyrodiil hoping to have a great time like the last two days and this is what hit me (I play as AD):
  • Teleporting from Western Elsweyr gate to Castle Black Boot took 12 minutes.
  • 10 minutes later in the middle of resurrection screen I was thrown out into log-in screen. I relogged (took me a couple of tries, as the game kept logging me out while loading), thankfully I was loaded into Cyro again and didn't have to wait in a 100+ ppl queue.
  • A couple of min later our team joined the attack of Castle Roebeck. When we breached a wall and got into a keep, the connection froze and threw me out to log in screen again. Took me three or four attempts to log back in (again - straight to Cyro thankfully).
  • Woke up dead at the gate, travelled to Castle Roebeck again, 50 meters to the keep the connection froze again, logged me out again.

And here I am writing this post, as such were my 40 minutes of playing, 4 of which were actually playing, 10 - horse simulator, the rest loading or trying to log in.
I know that Alliance war is the least of the priorities for ZoS, but why then holding PvP events if your gear/engine/etc is not capable of handling it? Why advertise your event when you clearly cannot hold one?

midyear_mayhem.png

I suggest ZoS to prioritise PvP higher. I shall resubscribe when my critique is acknlowledged by ZoS in some way.

I know there are a lot of players like me, so feel free to join me and unsubscribe from ESO plus and let ZoS know.

Have a nice day.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange, i just commented today in cyro chat(and a couple of people agreed) how surprised i am that the game runs much more smoothly than in the last few months. We had 2 big zergs clash at bleaker and despite the ping rising to 160+, my character was responsive and i could use abilities, CC break etc. much better than usual. And no disconnects, either.
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I mentioned I was surprised too by the first two days of event. But not today.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must be very close to your tolerance bar if one day, out of three, is bad, and that pushes you over the edge.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a pvp player i did cancel my sub recently, due to the very bad performance and the “i dont care attitude of zo$”

The more the merrier
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry my friend

I got kicked out and landet in the queue again. (after beeing in Cyrodiil for 2 minutes).

And as long as ppl buy same mounts with different skins for 5000 Crowns, ZOS doesn`t care if you end your suscription.

I did it because of werewolves and the no-transparency initiative from Zos. Didn`t work ;)

ZOS knows, that they have a monopol on this kind of game. And ppl invested, will not change the game lightly.

I mean... the fact, that NORMALLY you get back into Cyrodiil after disconnect. That is a cool thing. A huge step up... if it only works every time...

But they have a mayor problem with the servers. For such an event, they are too ***.

And the second problem are ppl and their homecampaigns. Especially if you are invested in 30 days... They should at least give you the possibility to add to your over-all rank on your campaign. The rewards after 30 days are worth it. (I mean the transmutation cirstals *haha*).

They should have thought about that.

No, they din`t...

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several reasons behind disconnections, one of them can also be ISP related, but MYM is much worse than usual so all I have to say is....

0bvP0cv.gif
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When people that have serious issues like these KEEP playing ESO but do not fill ZoS bank account each month im sure when many of us will start thinking like this ZoS will take action, not to make it better for us just for filling up these bank accounts.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohh boy, i unsubbed before it was meta.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have your stuff?
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple years behind the curve, but welcome to the side and opinion of the other 99% of ESO's pvpers (who no longer waste their time in ESO).
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200+ que prevents to do the actual midyear mayhem event. When you get i you crash, try to log in couple of times to get in. Then you are at the gate. Take warp, wait 4 mins, ride horse and crash. Then repeat. Sometimes you don´t have crashes for 30 mins. When i crash i have plenty of time to read magazines or watch YouTube videos :) Or write to the forums.
  • Gardarik
    Gardarik
    ✭✭✭
    Had the last straw today, too. I play PvP only, although casually on weekends mostly. Logged in, had to wait for the PvP 20 minutes, go into the first small PvP fight near a minor resource node to be kicked out, being unable to log in for a few minutes and re-appear in Deshaan. Repeat this circle for a few days straight a person wanted to try out the event. Having a decent PC with Nvidia 1080, 32 GB Ram and 1 GB/s Internet I can hardly argue that it is the problem of my side.

Yet, what pisses off is not actually the game (which is beautifully done) and even not the technical issues like incredible lags rendering the gameplay unsatisfying and useless. It is the non-responsive staff that even doesn't want to acknowledge the issue that has persisted for years, not even promising to fix it (as they are unable too). ZOS do not play their own game and they don't care. They promote various "wow! that locations looks amazing!" threats and ignore the issues. This customer relations case is one of the examples of what not to do.

I do perfectly realise that ZOS milk money mostly of PvEers and thus they don't even need to care about PvPers. Business-wise, they are doing great, selling useless costumes and housing items to RPers and PvErs while PvPers refuse to pay, usually (no wonder, as there has been basically no new PvP content since the Imperial City, not including boring battlegrounds for non-CP only). I do praise your intention to cancel the subscription but unfortunately it is not their main source of income.

At any rate - good luck, guys! It's been a pleasure playing with the community. Hopefully, I will read someday a thread saying the lags are over. At least it's good to have a fairy tale like that.