The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

TG Partners in Crime Quest - missing Quen

leeny
leeny
Hi, I'm trying to begin the Thieve's Guild quest, Partners in Crime, which tells me to "Find Quen in any Outlaw's Refuge." I have begun a new character in Summerset and am in the Alinor Outlaw's Refuge and Quen is not here and there is no quest marker. I tried relogging and dropping and restarting the quest to no avail. When I bring up my Journal and click on the quest and click on Show on Map, it shows me the map of the refuge I'm in. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... I tend to see her a lot in Rawl'kla, so all I can say is check there.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i always go to hews bane.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quen does not wish to be partners at this time. ;)

Head to another Outlaws Refuge and she should be there ... or check your map with the quest active.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check a different Thieve's Refuge, or you can also find her close to the wayshrine in Hew's Bane.
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    This still seems to be bugged. On my Khajiit, I was unable to find Quen in any of the Outlaw Refugee's (I tried 4 of them) and I can see a 'hand" icon on the mini map, but no NPC is there. I tried having the quest both active, and inactive when I entered the Refuge, but that made no difference for me.

I took the advice above and went to Hews Bane and found Quen there.
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    leeny wrote: »
    I have begun a new character in Summerset and am in the Alinor Outlaw's Refuge and Quen is not here and there is no quest marker.

Still bugged - no Quen at the Alinor Outlaws Refuge ... I used the Homestead Wayshrine and went home to Rimmen (Ma'atharr-do is a Khajiit after all) ... not there ... went to Senchal ... and there she was with Emilie Crowe.

But then I remember that in "Morrowind" she was not available until you finished Lord Vivec main quest. Maybe it is the same thing with the Court of Bedlam storyline.

During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.