Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I cannot keep a character for more than 1 day

t.steve1991ub17_ESO
I have a severe addiction to this game but for some reason that does not calculate into success for me. I do not want just any character. I want THE character. And I cant decide what that is. So I throw all my stuff in the bank and delete and start over.
  • jimdove
    jimdove
    ✭✭
    ok :)
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should look at this awesome write up that an amazing player took his valuable time to show the community!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/63690/the-new-character-what-skill-to-take-guide
  • Lizard_man
    Lizard_man
    ✭✭
    I knew exactly what I was going for, class, skill wise, etc. I had to be happy with my characters looks though, which I am fortunately...

Can't really give you any advice, good luck with finding the right character I suppose...

:wink:
    Edited by Lizard_man on April 3, 2014 8:23PM
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've cycled through a few myself, mostly because I don't like how they look in-game or I wanted to explore another area.

Just make sure you dump your stuff into the bank before you delete characters.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same problem in Skyrim. I would be playing as one character, get an idea for another, and start all over. Since you're allowed only 8 character slots for ESO, and two of those slots are mules, Ill have to be a wee bit more careful...
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a severe addiction to this game but for some reason that does not calculate into success for me. I do not want just any character. I want THE character. And I cant decide what that is. So I throw all my stuff in the bank and delete and start over.

Yeah OP , i did the same.

I lost count of how many i created and deleted , how many i lvled and so on.

I spent a LOT of time with this and honestly , i had replayed the first area/island so many times , that even skipping dialog , i was getting bored playing.

It is one of the hardest parts in any MMO i played , well less SWTOR , that one i just wanted the sith assassin and nothing else.

Anyway , try to look at the class skills you like OP , in my case i got the templar , for many dif reasons.

Even now i still worry the templar will suck at tanking late game , cause i compare with the DK and i dont see how he can be any better.

But i will deal with that when the time comes heh. And by that i mean complain on the forums till they balance it hehe.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You seem to be a person striving for perfection ;)

As a person who suffers under this as well, I can only say "relax". Play the game, don't worry if your char might not look 100% like you want, might not instantly have the exact items or spells that you like etc.

I was a bit confused first as well, but now I love my char and with every minute it really starts to get more intense. Ok this is from a RP person coming, but ya you can build a story how you want to and if you want to change something you can always do so as well.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar predicament..but with marriage.

• nlnj_a
    nlnj_a
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of just deleting a character, why not keep it and possibly just reroll your abilities or keep the character for possible later uses.
  • Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the exact same. You just have to bite the bullet and just do it. I narrowed it down to two and just flipped a coin. I must have rerolled in WoW and TOR hundreds of times if not more. I told myself I wouldn't do that with ESO
    Hirion wrote: »
    I had a similar predicament..but with marriage.

Lmao
    Edited by Distrobomb on April 3, 2014 8:53PM
    I survived the great ESO launch disaster 2014 B)
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I continued form a concept I initiated during the beta to test the crafts, the storage for their goods and how the use of the bank between them would fair.

I am creating 6 characters. Each to master a crafting skill and become the sole keeper of all the inventory associated with their particular craft. While they are not projected to become advanced leveled characters, I spend several hrs in the creator deciding who they are exactly.

I am accustomed to creating characters with an in depth backstory. While not limited to that , I have just opened the creator and asked the screen...

"Who are you?"

Sometimes the character's personality profile is given to me and sometimes it's not. They must look like and mirror the skills that are reflected by that profile. If something clashes... I delete them and start anew.

I have three created and they are happy level 4 or less characters. Once they get developed a little, I will create a main playable character. That is... IF I don't take one of them to the far reaches of Tamriel.

I have thousands upon thousands of hrs logged into the TES series. Almost 5k in Skyrim alone and across 50+ characters. I will create many characters but those 6 will be the mentoring foundation for all that will come after them.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• mu2
    mu2
    ✭✭✭
    I know the feeling! And usually I do the same. The ONLY way I can defeat it is to commit myself to a character, commit to playing to top level (not grinding mind, but playing) and I find it cures me because the choice to reroll constantly is out of my hands.

At least for a while.
  • Taeko
    Taeko
    Lol-I know how u feel. I think I'm going to have to have a char for each crafting profession and with at least 1 of each class. I want to do it all!
  • Illud_Vindicare
    Same here, I'm also having difficulties finding the right class/combo to play, my mood constantly switches. But that's just normal, well for me, I look at it as a kid in a large dreamy candy store having to pick one candy, just that one awesome choice...
  • Jaybles
    Jaybles
    There really isn't THE character, THE character is the one you like don't try to number crunsh to hard play what you wanna play and how you wanna play.

My Character with which i'm planning to conquer Tamriel is an Argonian Templar, Playing it as a tank on the lower level with 1H+Shield as the core STA dmg and later on i'm planning to respecc to full healing duty in cloth + Restoration Staff & Restoring Light Skills.

Just go crazy and try out what you think will work ES games are remarkably flexible doing just that.