Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Skill leveling

wdadams1965ub17_ESO
From what I can tell so far. Its a really bad ideal to switch out weapons at low lvl.
what I mean is.

I started out using 2hs then thought hmm let me try using a bow instead, what I think I found out is, my skill in 2hs fell behind from using the bow to long and my bow skill was low from not starting out with it in the 1st place. I felt I was doing way less damage. lots of deaths (I may be wrong here. not sure)

Class skill will not raise until you have a skill from that tree on your hot bar.
Is this true?

Edited by wdadams1965ub17_ESO on April 3, 2014 9:23PM
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Class skill with not raise until you have a skill from that tree on your hot bar.
    Is this true?

Yes. It is good to buy 1 skill from each tree and put it on your bar in the beginning. Also, put soul trap on your bar to level World Magic.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class skills only increase when they're on your bar.
    Weapon skills increase when you read certain books, use the weapon and slot the abilities.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that is true, a skill must be on your hotbar, for that skill line and skill to level up. You could technically put a skill from both weapons on your hotbar even if you're not using that weapon and it will level it. This helps if you're planning on using both weapons in the future with weapon swap. Although it does take up a slot on your bar.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did that with my mage, put a dual wield skill on my bar while running around with a bow. Kept them both leveling about equal.
  • wdadams1965ub17_ESO
    ok on my class skills. I had 2 skill lines I was lvling up. one skill line was lvl 7 and the other was lvl 13, both skill lines where on my hotbar, why did one skill line lvl up faster? started both lines same time at lvl 3 . both the skill where on hot bar... dose it mater how many skill you have bought in a skill line?
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have more than 1 skill on the bar from the same skill line, it will level faster.