Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Addons not showing up in game

Splendorous
Splendorous
Soul Shriven
I have installed Minion, Installed 2 addons, but they doesn't appear in the game, In game I have checked" Allow out of date add-ons", and also reloaded UI. but still not showing up.

game addons folder path in minion :
0aa105af60947b75d7fb47d8a9d2f6c5.png

installed those addons :
3a529a819cd3e56b53ceb9dd4a43f31a.png
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 10, 2023 3:29AM
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check where the game itself (i.e., data and .exe files) actually is. When I did this, I discovered that Minion saves add-ons on the C-drive, but, for my PC, the game's default location is One-Drive.

If they're in different spots, it's an easy fix: just move your add-ons to the live/AddOns folder with your actual game files. You'll likely need to reconfigure Minion to get it working again, though.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on June 23, 2017 1:32PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Splendorous
    Splendorous
    Soul Shriven
    Check where the game itself (i.e., data and .exe files) actually is. When I did this, I discovered that Minion saves add-ons on the C-drive, but, for my PC, the game's default location is One-Drive.

If they're in different spots, it's an easy fix: just move your add-ons to the live/AddOns folder with your actual game files. You'll likely need to reconfigure Minion to get it working again, though.

The game itself is located in another drive, but there is not "live or either AddOns".
    c7cbdf427aeb63231c58319714a1dfb0.png
  • Splendorous
    Splendorous
    Soul Shriven
    up.. any idea?
  • chrshale
    chrshale
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same problems. I don't know where the game looks for addons. I tried creating a live/AddOns folder in the Elder scrolls online folder under ZOS/ElderScrollsOnline but to no avail.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The folder should be in your documents. Look there and you should see a folder named elder scrolls online, with the live folder inside.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    You have to tell Minion to put the add-ons in the folder in the ESO installation. Find where ESO is stored on your computer, go to minion and under settings, click the folder icon on the left of the location it is putting them now, then navigate to the actual installation location and save that. Now, Minion will install add-ons there and they should show up in the game.
  • Spiffyriffic
    Spiffyriffic
    Soul Shriven
    I have found the above advice to be inconsistent with my own game. My actual game files are stored separately from my addons/settings/screenshots. To anyone who tries to use this thread for help, it must've been dropped with no success.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found the above advice to be inconsistent with my own game. My actual game files are stored separately from my addons/settings/screenshots. To anyone who tries to use this thread for help, it must've been dropped with no success.

That's what was said in #6. The addons/settings/screenshots are in your Documents folder, not besides your game files.
  • Fikkan
    Fikkan
    ✭✭
    Also, to get outdated mods to show up ingame, you might need to make sure you select the use outdated mods setting in the character select screen before logging in that character.

I've found that trying to do that while ingame keeps resetting to however you have it at character select every time I reload UI.
    If at first you don't succeed, LFG.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you do not kow where the addons must be placed search for the file AddonSettings.txt or UserSettings.ttx on your harddives.
    Within this folder there should be a folder called "AddOns" and inside this folder your addons must be placed.

Attention;
    If you use OneDrive within windows10 it sometimes moves the "Documents" folder to OneDrive.
    This is not working with Elder Scrolls Online as it seems.
    Check the OneDrive folder for Doucments/Elder Scrolls Online/ and remove this folder from there, back to your normal documents folder (e.g. c:\users\username\documents).

• malis907
    malis907
    Soul Shriven
    Please can someone help me with this problem. I have been searching and reading many different solutions but to no avail.
    I'm using my brand new laptop running Windows 11. I have ESO downloaded and it's working great, (except I don't have my addons). I began with Minion, which I used on my last computer, but couldn't get ESO to see them. After a couple days of trying different things I've decided to remove it from the equation and download straight from ESOUI website.

Here's where I am at:

I've uninstalled Minion.
    I do not have OneDrive active.
    I put the downloaded file into Documents>Elder Scrolls Online>live>AddOns
    I logged into ESO and the AddOn isn't there. :s
    I made sure AddOns are "on" in the ADD-ONS menu.
    I've read about checking a box that says "allow out of date addons", but I don't see that box?

c3s2smyfahwz.jpg

Can anyone help?
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check your other thread, and my answer there please
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age, July 2018, and that it has been answered in the correct forum over here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.