The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are servers down until official start?

Demonic_Wrath
Just wanted to clarify that after maintenance the server will be up for players to play....is it?
Edited by Demonic_Wrath on April 3, 2014 8:42PM
  • Aerieth
    Aerieth
    ✭✭✭
    That's how I understand it. The servers will be up after midnight my time, so it's basically "launch day" by the time the servers come up. :)
    @Aerieth - PC EU Megaserver
    Ilatria Shadowcore - Lv 50 Nord Vampire Nightblade - Tank / Stam DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Maiine Shadowcore - Lv 50 Breton Vampire Nightblade - Magicka DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerieth Shadowcore - Lv 50 Imperial Vampire Nightblade - Healer - Daggerfall Covenant
    From patch notes long forgotten:
    "Fixed an issue if you had a summoned pet, it could potentially be grabbed by an invisible Molag-Bal and get stuck in a floating posture."
    "Dogs can no longer teleport while chasing cats (much to the disappointment of the dogs)."
  • KJ_Crow
    KJ_Crow
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, they will be up.... they are just finalizing a few things for the launch and have said that the whole process would take 3 or 4 hours and they are trying to minimize downtime.
  • Demonic_Wrath
    Okay thank you! A buddy of mine *Who is out of state and can't play right now* was trying to tell me that. I just won $5! Thank you kind sir's! haha
  • whardisonb14_ESO
    This isn't the forum for downtime questions: check the Server Status forum or Customer Service.
  • Aerieth
    Aerieth
    ✭✭✭
    Okay thank you! A buddy of mine *Who is out of state and can't play right now* was trying to tell me that. I just won $5! Thank you kind sir's! haha

No problem. Happy leveling!
    Edited by Aerieth on April 3, 2014 9:07PM
    Ilatria Shadowcore - Lv 50 Nord Vampire Nightblade - Tank / Stam DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Maiine Shadowcore - Lv 50 Breton Vampire Nightblade - Magicka DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerieth Shadowcore - Lv 50 Imperial Vampire Nightblade - Healer - Daggerfall Covenant
    "Fixed an issue if you had a summoned pet, it could potentially be grabbed by an invisible Molag-Bal and get stuck in a floating posture."
    "Dogs can no longer teleport while chasing cats (much to the disappointment of the dogs)."
  • zero0gt
    zero0gt
    for me i just have to wait few more minutes i think if i did the math right witch i probly didnt i would be able to play at 5
    Edited by zero0gt on April 3, 2014 8:54PM
  • Demonic_Wrath
    Okay? Don't get your panties in a wad...It would not let me submit through server status. *People like you are hilarious* Any other complaints??
    This isn't the forum for downtime questions: check the Server Status forum or Customer Service.

• JayDoc
    JayDoc
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one having trouble trying to figure out what this is supposed to mean? It was posted under 'ESO Maintenance 4/3':
    ____
    We want all of you to know that everyone who was part of Early Access will be granted an extended grace period until Sunday at 8AM EDT/12PM (noon) GMT before being required to transition your account to live. This will cover those who purchased ESO from an online retailer and won't be getting your box shipped in time and also gives anyone in Early Access who purchased digitally more Early Access time.
    ____
    I get that those who ordered the boxed editions may not have received their code in a timely fashion, but I don't understand the logic behind 'more Early Access time' after the game is live, anyhow.. :|

• Demonic_Wrath
    Okay this is how I see it....All of the early access people will have to transition their account to live and we have til Sunday to get it done. So pretty much "early access time" is just the duration until we have to transition.
    JayDoc wrote: »
    Am I the only one having trouble trying to figure out what this is supposed to mean? It was posted under 'ESO Maintenance 4/3':
    ____
    We want all of you to know that everyone who was part of Early Access will be granted an extended grace period until Sunday at 8AM EDT/12PM (noon) GMT before being required to transition your account to live. This will cover those who purchased ESO from an online retailer and won't be getting your box shipped in time and also gives anyone in Early Access who purchased digitally more Early Access time.
    ____
    I get that those who ordered the boxed editions may not have received their code in a timely fashion, but I don't understand the logic behind 'more Early Access time' after the game is live, anyhow.. :|

Edited by Demonic_Wrath on April 3, 2014 9:00PM
  • Aerieth
    Aerieth
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. The official "Early Access" ended with the servers going down a couple of hours ago and to continue playing with your Early Access account, you need to add the actual game code from the retail game (Doesn't concern digital copies).

ZOS basically gave Early Access players more time by making it possible to use your not-yet-retail-activated account to play meanwhile, which would have expired by now.
    Edited by Aerieth on April 3, 2014 9:10PM
  • JayDoc
    JayDoc
    ✭✭
    I guess that I just don't understand what needs to be transitioned - our early access account IS the live account, and we are already running the full client. Our ability to post in these forums is testament to that...
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to transfer your account from "Early Access" To "Live" This will start your recurring billing cycle. This means that instead of your billing cycle starting on the 4th of the month it will start on the 8th of the month. They basically gave you 4 more days of free playing.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Knottypine
    Knottypine
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any official clarification on the downtime? I was kind of under the expectation that early access players who were being granted 5 days early access would have a full 5ish days of early access. But it says they're getting servers ready for launch, kind of sounds like missing out on a day. :/ I just wanna feed my horse!
  • Demonic_Wrath
    Knottypine wrote: »
    Is there any official clarification on the downtime? I was kind of under the expectation that early access players who were being granted 5 days early access would have a full 5ish days of early access. But it says they're getting servers ready for launch, kind of sounds like missing out on a day. :/ I just wanna feed my horse!

FOR THE HORSES!!!!!!!!!
  • zero0gt
    zero0gt
    idk if this means somthing but i am allowed to patch my game lol
  • Knottypine
    Knottypine
    ✭✭✭
    FOR THE HORSES!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha! So yeah I found the info I was looking for... Reading... Imagine that!
    Edited by Knottypine on April 3, 2014 9:27PM