The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Art] Verandis Ravenwatch

Marisana
Marisana
✭✭✭
WUvi3ZY.jpg

One of my favourite NPCs of all time!

I know I took a few liberties with his outfit, but I felt that such a distinguished noble of Rivenspire could use a bit more bling to his attire. ;)

I'm still sad we never got a chance to
mount a rescue mission in Coldharbour
, though. :/
Edited by Marisana on July 23, 2018 12:56PM
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad arse!~
    I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    This is wonderful work! Thank you so much for sharing. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice artwork!

Ravenwatch is not my favorite NPC and any "rescue" mission in Coldharbor would have ended with my Vestige demanding to know WTF Ravenwatch thought he was doing at the end of Rivenspire after singlehandly causing half the region's problems through a lack of common sense and conviction, but ymmv.

But the artwork is cool!
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 23, 2018 6:37PM
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this is really good!! I do like me some Verandis. Well done!

(Completely agree with your spoiler tag comment too)
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful! He's one of my favourite NPCs in the game and you really did him justice!
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Elrinthil
    Elrinthil
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Elrinthil on November 26, 2018 1:15AM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful artwork, I like how you added the Doomcrag in the background, and the golden details to the outfit! Verandis was a nice character, but that whole story arc is one of the saddest in the game, because there were so many sacrifices in the end... Definitely a case of good intentions paving the way to hell, because I think if Verandis hadn't been involved with the Montclaires, maybe nothing would have happened. Hopefully he will be able to escape Coldharbour some day!
  • Marisana
    Marisana
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all so very much for your feedback! <3

I'm glad to see there are so many fellow Rivenspire and Verandis appreciators out there, and I can also well understand those who think that all the mess in the region is basically his fault and question his true allegiance. ;)

That's actually one of the things why I like Rivenspire so much - the quests and characters have a certain ambiguity, something that doesn't exist all that often within the original (launch) story content. I also find the concept of his coven of reformed vampires very intriguing, and would like to see at least someone like Gwendis or Adusa return in future content if we cannot have the Count himself! ;)
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very nicely done OP, wonderful work. I’m so envious that some people are so talented, while I have problems drawing a stick figure :)
  • Elrinthil
    Elrinthil
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Elrinthil on November 26, 2018 1:15AM
  • Marisana
    Marisana
    ✭✭✭
    I like that idea!

Not only because I'm terribly pro-Covenant and would like to return to their lands ;) , but I also think there is an interesting story there. What happened to Verandis since we met him since Rivenspire, and what side is he on now? Did he change his ways due to his time in Coldharbour, might he be the villain now?

There's much potential there, so who knows - maybe we'll get something similar one day! <3