Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Was the "tag" on jewelry to allow deconstruction set with the Update 18 patch or only the Chapter?

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
I was answering a Jewelry Decon question on ESOReddit and it made me wonder.

Was jewelry acquired after the Update 18 Base Game patch the switch to allow Jewelry Deconstruction as soon as Summerset is activated?

Or if someone has updated without activating/purchasing Summerset Chapter yet, will only the Jewelry acquired after the Chapter is activated/purchased allow deconstruction?

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you ask the Devs if this hasn't been answered before please?
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I can see all jewelry prior to summerset launch will be marked as non-deconstructable.

Any new jewelry obtained will be deconstructable. With a few exceptions it seems the exemplary trait rings and such cant be broken down for the stones.

You must have Summerset to use JC, if you get a ring now it can be deconstructed BUT if you dont have summerset you can not use the jewelry station. You can however sell or trade that ring to someone that can.

Does that help or was this not at all what you are asking?
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you get a ring now it can be deconstructed

That was what I was looking for, that means that anyone could grind jewelry as of only base patch and still be able to deconstruct at a later date after chapter purchase.

ESOReddit had someone asking how much it would take to L50 but they hadn't bought Summerset yet, so I wanted to be sure anything they got beforehand would be ready to deconstruct.

• Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok yes if you just join in the Alikr dolmen madness you can easily get all the jewelry you will need to get JC to 50 in pretty quick fashion.....just don't decon the blues or purples until you get the passive perks for extraction.

now you can do research off the old non decon stuff found prior to summerset launch, granted its only robust,arcane or healthy but why use up a new decon fodder when you can rid the game of the old stuff!
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.