The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do I get Morrowind DLC when I get the Summerset Upgrade through Steam?

Zill
Zill
Soul Shriven
Hi There,

I have been looking all over and can't seem to find a definitive straight answer to this question. I play on PC have Tamriel Unlimited and was thinking of getting the Morrowind DLC so I can play with my boy, he got Morrowind as part of the base game as I got it direct, but I did not. I got the game through Humble Bundle and had to to save up for new PC and waited months before I could play it Anyway I digress. My copy of the game had to be redeemed through Steam.

If I purchase the "Summerset Upgrade" through Steam, does it come with the Morrowind DLC and can I keep Morrowind indefinitely?

I would really appreciate a definitive straight answer to this, as this information does not seem to be included in the description on Steam and there seems to be some controversy about it.

Thanks in advance,

Zill.

Best Answers

• Zill
    Zill
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks Marcus!

Grateful for the help.

I'm not normally one to complain but..........What?

So I can by a new copy of the game that will come with Morrowind for £14.99, if purchased direct. Great!

As I am a steam player I think I would need to purchase the Morrowind DLC through Steam?.....As it happens Morrowind is not available to purchase on it's own through Steam, I'm only able to add it to My Wishlist, can't buy it!

If I attempt to purchase the new base game through Steam for £14.99 that comes with Morrowind I cannot complete the purchase because "Your account already owns some of the above items, so you can’t purchase them again. You can purchase these items as a gift or adjust the contents of your cart to continue." So it not possible for me to acquire Morrwind that way!

Another way would be to purchase enough Crowns through Steam as I'm a Steam player. I would need 3500 crowns.
    3000 Crown Pack - £18.99
    750 Crown Pack - £5.99
    So a total of £24.99 which would then enable me to purchase the Morrowind DLC in game using the Crowns, leaving me with 250 crowns to spare, and also paying £10 More than the cost of the new base game that includes Morrowind.

The only other option to obtain the Morrowind DLC that I can see is to Purchase the Game direct, sack off the copy I got through Steam and start over from Scratch, dumping the 115 hours played already, not to mention all my items and storage containers that I purchased with Crowns plus all my collectables that I have become quite attached to.

I feel like a profanity bomb on the verge of detonation! What a farce!

If I purchase the new base game direct will I be able to keep my characters and all their items from my account on Steam? is there a way this can be done?

I am totally bugging out here, in a flat spin, this parachute is a napsack!

• Marcus196604
    Marcus196604
    ✭✭✭
    And to clarify for your question:

everything that one buys with real money is tied to 1 ESO account. Also for promotional and give away codes. And also for Twitch linked drops.

One can have multiple ESO accounts, but your Steam is only linked to 1 and only 1 ESO account, lets call that the main account.

Real men don't eat honey they chew bees.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you planning to get ESO+? If so I wouldn't worry about buying Morrowind. It's included EXCEPT the warden class. If you want to play a Warden you will need to BUY IT. Otherwise don't worry about it if you have ESO+.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Zill
    Zill
    Soul Shriven
    @Marcus196604 That's great news!

Thanks for your help : )

@Davor I already have the ESO Tamriel Unlimited Activated through Steam I am aware of ESO+ But thanks good tip. I plan one playing for quite some time. I think over that time I would spend more money renting the DLC's I would prefer to own them and not lose out if I wanted to stop paying for ESO+ for any period of time. : )
    Edited by Zill on July 24, 2018 6:50PM
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fully understand where you come from @Zill. I use my ESO+ to buy the DLC. I have stopped the ESO+ from time to time and nice to own the DLC as well.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"