The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Player Housing Personnel

Mad_Alice
Mad_Alice
Soul Shriven
Wanna thank developers for including the player housing option, its a nice feature for creative people to show off spend all their money bring a piece of their personal vision to the game surrounding. I myself love and enjoy it myself, but (as usual) I have some new (hope it's new) suggestion to make hoping someone will probably support it.
When we walk into the housing no mater what we see - naked walls or fantastic interiors - we see only empty house. Small rooms are okay with that, they are supposed to be so, but big mansions and even usual houses like Autumn's Gate or Black Vine Villa need at least a gardener...
I myself thought it would be nice to include a feature like hiring an NPCs for players' houses like gardeners, hostlers, cooks or some other staff for some amount of gold a week. This will bring some more vividness to game experience. Guess it would be fun. And yes, it's logical that big mansions can't be maintained by someone alone, some always need some extra hands, don't they? Yes, some players can add a merchant, a smuggler and a banker, but they are like an interior pieces and don't have that behavior.
Remember Skyrim Hearthfire? I'm talking about that kind of NPCs: vivid walking and talking personnel.
Also a friend of mine once made a suggestion for a possibility that all player characters could be placed in houses at one time. Should be fun as well, I think...
We're all mad here
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of adding “life” to some homes. I think the current npcs like the merchant are great and I’ve used them often... although, I don’t think she appreciated it when I stuck her in the guillotine or her head on a platter in my haunted house o:)
    I’d love to have dinner guests, children playing, gardeners, guards, etc
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I totally agree that this would be a great addition to housing.

However, and not to be the downer of the party, but I doubt ZoS will devote the resources required to code walking and talking. Given the amount of customization there is in housing, pathing would have to be some sort of recording function. As for dialogue, I would eventually have to add them to my blade of woe list. Tythis is on top of that list atm.

Heck, my crown bought fountain is still broken as of my last check. That does not bode well for NPC functionality.

Variety would be easy. Just add the NPCs to an available option at the character customization screen, including for naming purposes (although you would need to remove the unique naming criteria). Also add them to the outfit station. At least at one time you could buy a blacksmith and I think baker's costume, adding gardening and the like should not be hard and could bring them some crown store revenue.

I would pay 10k crowns to be able to change the names and appearance ofTythis and Nuzhimeh. Nothing like standing in Mournhold and seeing 10 Tythis' standing in the crafting area.

Anyway, agree on the sentiment but my guess is that you would just be able to place them like Tythis and Nuzhimeh.