Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BGS Scoring?

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been playing bgs, how do you get on the leaderboard? ive played about 24 matches over the past 2 days!

am i that bad!? (i just heal...)
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get on the leaderboard by being in the top 100 players for the different categories of BGs. You can check your current score on the leaderboard in your journal and,compare it to your competitors.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so they scoring isn't conencted to ap gains, but to those badges i earn?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so they scoring isn't conencted to ap gains, but to those badges i earn?

AP is a flat reward based on how your team placed. Your leaderboard score is based on your points/medals for the match, and counts for that category of matches, i.e. deathmatch.

When I started running BGs, I read through the Help menu description of how to earn points for each type of match - it helped a lot.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 20, 2018 8:08PM
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG-scoring is given out based on points.

Killing Blow gives you 100 points, Assist gives you 100 points etc. If you press "F1" > Battelground it gives you an overview.

You get most points if you 1) Heal 375k 2) Deal 500k damage. So only healing isn't the best way to get points(And rightfully so. So there's points for just damage, just healing and for both.)
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on July 20, 2018 8:23PM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been playing bgs, how do you get on the leaderboard? ive played about 24 matches over the past 2 days!

am i that bad!? (i just heal...)

The score board is not based on ap earned. On top of that, primary healers tend to not be on the DM leaderbaord as it is difficult to gain medals compared to those who deal damage and land killing blows. This is going to change next patch with them adjusting (increasing) the scoring rewards for healing done accross the board.