The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Baelborn child voice over

Traisa
Traisa
✭✭✭
I see they still have not fixed this bug left over from beta. It happens when you are in Daggerfall, you constantly hear a voice over about the "Baelborn child", regardless if you haven't started the quest, started the quest, or finished the quest.
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but i find that bug quite amusing :smile: and they quest works fine thats the important part.
  • MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭
    Where is it coming from? I keep hearing it around the Mages Guild.
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    Outside the city on the left side.
  • Heraclea
    Heraclea
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing the Baelborn quest yesterday, when suddenly I was teleported back to the Mages' Guild, and all the progress made on the quest so far was erased. Have not tried to pick it up again.
    Hircine loves me, this I know,
    Your intestines told me so.

Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    "You interfere with matters that don't concern you! The deal was sealed long ago. The Baelborn child..."

I feel like I've memorized it already. lol

But, really, it is getting annoying.
  • King_Merrygold
    It reminds me of the ghost of Lysandus from the Daggerfall game... "Vengeance!"
    Edited by King_Merrygold on April 2, 2014 4:34AM
  • Slyphoon
    Slyphoon
    Kroin wrote: »
    Outside the city on the left side.
    Quest is located on the right side, left side is an ocean.

• Reventius
    Reventius
    ✭✭
    This happened to me all through beta and it has followed me into early access. It is kinda funny but it breaks immersion.
    For The Covenant!

"I made the CV for each
    a character with a story comes to life
    without it, it is like the spoon in the cupboard"

-Azurya
  • Xetjar
    Xetjar
    It's really scary when suddenly you hear a loud man telling you about the Baelborn child.
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Least the Vengeance had a purpose you knew he was some where nearby and might not be someone to run into. This other voice well not so much.
  • EnikSleestak
    EnikSleestak
    ✭✭
    No matter how much I try to not interfere with matters that don't concern me, this loud man won't let me.
    -Slee
  • Slyphoon
    Slyphoon
    From latest patch notes.
    "Legacy of Baelborne Rock: Tanchim now yells at only you when interacting with the rune, instead of everyone in the region, including most of Daggerfall City."
  • Nekoyoubi
    Nekoyoubi
    Soul Shriven
    This is so sad. I wanted this bug to persist a bit longer. It was kind of nice hearing it randomly in TeamSpeak from my gaming group when someone new would join and ask something innocuous (e.g. "Hey, what's up?" -- "You interfere with matters...").

On a serious note though, I would love to set this clip as my ringtone for the next time I'm in an important meeting at work, standing in line in the grocers, etc. ;) Anyone know where I might be able to procure a decent (non-in-game recorded) version?
  • scabrous_ftz
    scabrous_ftz
    ✭✭
    Slyphoon wrote: »
    From latest patch notes.
    "Legacy of Baelborne Rock: Tanchim now yells at only you when interacting with the rune, instead of everyone in the region, including most of Daggerfall City."

I was sad to think it was gone. But it sounds like the bug is alive and well.
  • Nekoyoubi
    Nekoyoubi
    Soul Shriven
    it sounds like the bug is alive and well.

Really?! That would be awesome! I haven't heard it since the patch, though. ;(

• FoleyX90
    FoleyX90
    ✭✭✭
    This scared the *** out of me when it happened.