The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Installation "Options" don't allow me to select file path to install the game???

Twenty0zTsunami
Twenty0zTsunami
✭✭✭✭
I recently went to launch the game through steam to collect my daily login rewards. Upon doing so I was greeted by the game installation prompt. Don't recall uninstalling it, but whatever. I select my G: drive, where I store all the other games I play frequently, and let it download. After it's done downloading, through steam, I go to launch and play... and I am greeted with yet another installation prompt, this time the games own installer. Okay, that's odd, normally steam handles the installation in the same action as the download.. but okay, I guess I'll play along..

Oh but wait! The installer won't let me install to my G:/ drive because it's full-- the download of 70 gigs (which didn't include the unpacked installation) is taking up all b but 5 GB of my G:/ drive.

So naturally, I copy the entire Zenimax online directory over to my mass storage drive, E:/ and after the transfer, i will be free to install from that directory, with the plan to then install to my G:/ drive.. Or so one would think. But one would be wrong. Because for some reason the dev team thought to NOT enable the option to give me the option to choose the drive used for installation? I'm literally given no ability to choose the installation path. I'm at a prompt that calls itself the "Installation Options" but funny enough there isn't a single option!

So I dont even knwo what I want at this point. I guess ZOS I'd like to understand your logic in making so many restrictions, and fudging up the process so much? I rememebr when the game used to download a simple .exe and not some janky web-based application that doesn't function unless used through steam. Why zos?
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd seriously like to know what in the hell is wrong with yoru game, ZOS. Now I can't even re-direct the game folder to a new directory after installation. Every other game I own through steam has a small button under the "local" tab, that allows me to store it somewhere else. The only games that don't come with this option are free to play junk like paladins etc.

Guess I'll be cancelling ESO + since I can't play your game anymore. And more importantly, since you're treating us, your customer base, as some people who are getting something for free.

Your entire business model has shifted towards that of a Free-to-play game and it's disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourselves, greedy twits.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on July 23, 2018 5:06PM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Twenty0zTsunami
    Have you tried to manually move the eso folder where you have it installed now to the location you first desired it to be in? I assume you have enough space now to put it there.

I don't know how steam does things with move button in its software but this is how I do it if I want to change location of something on my hard drives.

Thought it could be worth mentioning since you went through the trouble of installing it anyway.

If you do this, could be that you have to update Usersettings.ini and/or steam about where the game is now located.
    Edited by Yakidafi on July 24, 2018 10:47AM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA