The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sloads Priority

Ralamil
Ralamil
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno Any insight into why a set that has been acknowledged as being bugged and has been gathering a ton of hate on... pretty much every site that talks about this game... has had very slow dev response time to acknowledge, address, and fix? This set is a cancer in Battlegrounds, and your inaction has drastically decreased the enjoyment people get out of a feature your company has decided to make a core aspect of the game.
Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • Valabrog
    Valabrog
    ✭✭✭
    Ralamil wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any insight into why a set that has been acknowledged as being bugged and has been gathering a ton of hate on... pretty much every site that talks about this game... has had very slow dev response time to acknowledge, address, and fix? This set is a cancer in Battlegrounds, and your inaction has drastically decreased the enjoyment people get out of a feature your company has decided to make a core aspect of the game.

No need to tag manager for such question..better check the patch notes of Wolfhunter dlc or simply ask the community.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can dodge it now, so if you are stam you get a free pass on the cancer set. (Note Nb were the first ones to get a fee pass)

If you are mag and rely on shield for heals and mitigation you are F***.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    You can dodge it now, so if you are stam you get a free pass on the cancer set. (Note Nb were the first ones to get a fee pass)

l

If you can’t get 5 dodge rolls in a row on mag you’re building it wrong.

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you are mag, there is no excuse for not purging it off of yourself and your group members.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

If you are mag, there is no excuse for not purging it off of yourself and your group members.

lol, I hope u mean manaplars with extended ritual only when say this.
    In other case, to say about "no excuse for not purging it" with skill with such cost and only 2 negative effects removed shows your total incompetence.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    Anethum wrote: »

In other case, to say about "no excuse for not purging it" with skill with such cost and only 2 negative effects removed shows your total incompetence.

Efficient purge is a thing. So is mutagen. Options exist for non-magplars. While it is definitely easier for magplars to purge, suggesting that they are the only ones that can do it shows *your* incompetence.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lol except no thanks. Not about to burn all my mana to be the group's purge bot.
    Edited by Mureel on July 23, 2018 3:22PM
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

Efficient purge is a thing. So is mutagen. Options exist for non-magplars. While it is definitely easier for magplars to purge, suggesting that they are the only ones that can do it shows *your* incompetence.

check average number of negative effects u have as usual at the same time in fight on u, then check mana cost of efficient purge, then that it remove only 2 effects per one use. Mutch these numbers. About 1 negative effect removing by mutagen (heal over time skill...) on proc tied to your 20% of health...I think there is nothing to explain why this is almost not important, no?
    srry but l2p before talking about things u didn't learned enouch good.
    Edited by Anethum on July 23, 2018 6:42PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO

check average number of negative effects u have as usual at the same time in fight on u, then check mana cost of efficient purge, then that it remove only 2 effects per one use. Mutch these numbers. About 1 negative effect removing by mutagen on proc tied to your low health...I think there are nothing to explain, no?
    l2p.

Heh. l2p. Good argument.

Anyway, just because you're afraid of having to play defensively sometimes doesn't mean the game is broken. I agree that Sloads is annoying but only because it's oblivion damage and therefore unmitigatable. It seems to me that you have a problem with a fundamental concept of ESO's combat (and pretty much every other MMO's combat) in that you think having to use defensive skills makes the game broken. Or maybe you think it's that efficient purge is too costly? It's hard to tell since instead of being clear, you're just throwing ad hominem attacks around.

But more to my point, applying debuffs and DOTs to an enemy is part of the game. Healing, shields, and purge skills are all counterplays to debuffs and DOTs. A low-cost purge skill that removed too many negative effects would actually be game breaking, as it would render DOT builds useless. Balance is important, and just because things kill you sometimes does not make them overpowered or broken.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purge cost 4.5k mag. Assuming you only have max one other debuff on you and you want to purge sloads on cooldown;

You will need 1.5k mag regen for purge alone. Well, if there are more debuffs and you need to purge 2 times you will need 3k mag regen for that. (there is a reason why some guilds have dedicated purge bots with equilibrium for sustain)

You see that this not a game you can win unless you run around with big enough numbers to get someone to play the purge bot or you play some hit and run playstyle that will require just one purge to get away (looks at ganker). If you don't have the number you don't have the sustain or the skill slot.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valabrog wrote: »

No need to tag manager for such question..better check the patch notes of Wolfhunter dlc or simply ask the community.

Thank you for contributing literally nothing to the discussion.

The point of tagging wasn't to ask what was being done about this set, it was to ask why the devs were so silent and took such a long time to even bother looking at a set that was cancerous to, at the very least, one whole gameplay system.

Next time, I'll try to use smaller words so you don't become confused about the discussion topic.
    Edited by Ralamil on July 24, 2018 12:41AM
  • Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭

Except that they weren't the first to get a "free pass." Sloads pulls you out of stealth, unlike any other DoT, so there's nothing they can do about it any more than any other class. At least now, with the upcoming patch, it will behave the same as other DoTs.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but I don't think making it dodgeable changes anything, having to dodge everyone sloads or still get them stacked is just going to destroy my stamina in about 3 seconds. So either I play without no stamina and die happy that sloads wasn;t in the recap or play like I am now and die because I have 4 stacks of sloads on me.
  • Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I don't think making it dodgeable changes anything, having to dodge everyone sloads or still get them stacked is just going to destroy my stamina in about 3 seconds. So either I play without no stamina and die happy that sloads wasn;t in the recap or play like I am now and die because I have 4 stacks of sloads on me.

I agree that it isn't an ideal solution. Only reason I say it's a step in the right direction is because adds LITERALLY any counter-play to the set. And also, it aligns with their now-typical design choice of "proc sets are powerful and need to provide your enemies telegraphs"... which seems to go right out the window any time they excited about some new way to break thi- I mean some new set.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

I agree that it isn't an ideal solution. Only reason I say it's a step in the right direction is because adds LITERALLY any counter-play to the set. And also, it aligns with their now-typical design choice of "proc sets are powerful and need to provide your enemies telegraphs"... which seems to go right out the window any time they excited about some new way to break thi- I mean some new set.

Yeah I guess any counter is better than nothing.

For me though it will always be op, same as bleeds as long as they are stackable. Just 2 players using sloads and master bleeds and your taking 4k dmg a sec that you can't mitigate, that's not including other bleeds they add.

These kind of sets and damage types are ok-ish in 1v1 situations but getting multiple sources of dmg that ignores your resistances and block is just too much pressure and really takes skill and fun away from pvp.

The only way to balance it is to make it unstackable imo.