The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Robes with no hip flaps? is it posible? prays hard to the 8, the tribunal and Azura.

zaria
zaria
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Grinding just make you go in circles.
Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.

Best Answers

• Pnyx
    Pnyx
    ✭✭
    Most of ESO armour is goofy with its flaps, not to mention knee and elbow guards. The answer of course is costumes although that collection is lacking also. I simply refuse to allow my characters appear with flaps in "public."
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like flaps to be optional, since I like most of them but realize that many don't.

But praying to the Tribunal AND Azura? I too like to live dangerously...
    Answer ✓
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o.O
    Khajiit robes are literally my favorite, but the hip flaps are so awful that I refuse to use it. If theres a way to remove them then I would be stoked.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this is why I asked.
    Ancient orc it the other who is shown without hip flaps for ancestor silk female.
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/ancient-orc-ancestor-silk/
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • PaigeEvenstar
    PaigeEvenstar
    ✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    o.O
    Khajiit robes are literally my favorite, but the hip flaps are so awful that I refuse to use it. If theres a way to remove them then I would be stoked.

would be awesome to have the option "hide hipflaps" right under the other one for "hide helmet" B)
    ~No matter how fast the light thinks it is going, on arrival it always finds the darkness has gotten there first.~
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    o.O

would be awesome to have the option "hide hipflaps" right under the other one for "hide helmet" B)
    Yes, something like this exist already, the back flap is missing for Khajiit and Argoians as it will clip the tail.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All hip flaps on all armor are awful always. I hate them. The only one Ive ever been fine with was when running all heavy trinimac style armor on my tank.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd also like no front/back flaps on medium & heavy armors. There are a few that don't have them, but far too many do.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what the reason for these flaps was, because if we look at old armor suits from different cultures, they don't have these exaggerated flaps.

It would be nice to find out why the design team is continuing with this style.

There are just a few motifs with no hip flaps (the most annoying), but mostly low level basic styles.

low level Khajiit, Redguard, Bosmer
    Order of the Hour,
    Trinimac,
    Soulshriven,

are just some of them.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what the reason for these flaps was, because if we look at old armor suits from different cultures, they don't have these exaggerated flaps.

It would be nice to find out why the design team is continuing with this style.

There are just a few motifs with no hip flaps (the most annoying), but mostly low level basic styles.

low level Khajiit, Redguard, Bosmer
    Order of the Hour,
    Trinimac,
    Soulshriven,

are just some of them.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well with the outfit system and more styles since I posted this the issue is mostly resolved :)
  • Ruse
    Ruse
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Well with the outfit system and more styles since I posted this the issue is mostly resolved :)

It's really not though. Can't tell you how disappointed I was in the Apostle light chest. I LOVE the look of the silk winding over plate, but dear god in heaven the hip flaps. I finished off a lot of styles during the event and it really just reinforced how very few without fugly flappies there are.

What is even the point of them supposed to be??? They're not functional and they aren't attached to anything -- hip flappies just mysteriously hover 4-6 inches off your characters' thighs though magic, I guess.
    Edited by Ruse on April 25, 2018 7:06PM
    Travels in Tamriel (screenshots + light RP blog)
    _.._.._.._.._.._.._

Jubilee | warden healer | white orc swamp witch
    Sarielle | templar healer | Imperial good girl

My Skyrim mods:
    Classic | SE
  • Pnyx
    Pnyx
    ✭✭
    ESO armour is strange. It isn't only the side flaps that are ugly but the front and back flaps as well. There is a case to be made for heavy armour having those for protection but in that case it should be in narrower strips that go around the body. But for light and medium? Pffft! Imagine Gandalf running around with those flaps on his side. Ridiculous? No less that having a Sorcerer in ESO running around in flaps. So many stylish robes ruined with the flaps!

What I'd like to see, is a more realistic set. Mismatched pauldrons and shinguards, for example. Not for everyone of course, but I'd love a more medieval-authentic look.
    Edited by Pnyx on July 22, 2018 4:14PM
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should also fix the trxture bug on many armors and costumes.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hip and groin flaps, over-sized shoulder pads, and all the little floaty pieces with spikes sticking in every direction ruin the majority of motif styles for me. So many of the designs are cringe-inducing if not just laughably bad. If it weren't for master writs and achievements, I would've stopped chasing motifs a long time ago.

Sorry if this post seems harsh but I really can't wrap my head around how or why some of the design choices made the cut.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just armour. Even the costumes get them sewn in

Ancestral-Homage-Formal-Gown-Female-Front.jpg