Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Craglorn. Once again cant get help with quests

• Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn is actually damn easy right now. A few group dungeons are a bit harder bit easy manageable if you have someone helping you out. In my opinion they don't need a nerf but a buff and some serious rewards. Some of the dungeons are more fun than a few pledges or at least could be if they were more challenging.

But some people just cry until they can light attack everything to death and all fun is gone I assume...
  • JohnnyQuantum
    JohnnyQuantum
    ✭✭
    Personally, I would like it 'solo friendly' not 'easy'. Perhaps the difficulty could scale to group size? Games like Warframe do this to some extend.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I'm confused. I've read that Craglorn has been made solo friendly, yet half the quests state that they need more than one person. I don't last five minutes in any of those on my own. Admittedly, I'm only a casual player, around 160 CP, and OK gear - but how has this area been made solo friendly?

A few posts mention guilds, can anyone recommend a NA PC guild? How do you go about joining one?

I'm not a big fan of spamming the chat channel all night - can think of better ways to spend my time :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Yep, they advertised the rework as soloable and/or duoable. Clearly large parts of it arent. So they either lied or havent had time to revamp all of it.

I have yet to find a guild that does Crag group content. I have an email to vamp.Emily that had a dungeon guild that had done Shada. Emailed her yesterday so havent heard back yet.

If that doesn't pan out, maybe I'll have to start one...lol

No they said they're making the main story and overland enemies (excluding the group events like nirncrux mines) solo and taking away the group mechanics from the other content (multiple pressure pads etc). The main story is easy now, as for the group delves, yeah it's recommended to still do those with other people, but it's now possible to solo them if your good enough.
    Edited by MattT1988 on January 23, 2017 4:13AM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder which from the Skyreach trio (Pinnacle, Hold, Catacombs) is actually hardest solo challenge.
    Yesterday I soloed Pinnacle as magsorc with volatile familiar, died just once at final boss (missed to use hardened ward before boss did his death-from-above attack). Now I'm before Hold and wondering :).

The issue with partner in Craglorn... I think majority of players looking to grind are not much experienced, I see them trying overland bosses in swarm of similar likes, so many deaths from one-hit attacks, standing stupid on red, not blocking heavy attacks, no proper healing or any in general, low dps, no resources, that stuff. Now think about taking such guy with you to the most challenging delves. Due to this I don't like to group with randoms from chat. If I'd go in pair it must be a good high CP tank to deal with bosses while I deal with all trash and heal him a bit. Someone who can take care of self in first case, as I will do it too. My best 2-ppl group for Crag. Otherwise it's better solo, to avoid annoying situations :).
    Edited by Gargath on May 10, 2017 6:40PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, I soloed them, no problem. Just need to use a solo build, not your usual group dps build, for example. I used my vMA build in difficult places like Rahni'Za arena.

OP, I feel your pain, though. I want the chapters for my main but I kinda want to do those quests in group on my alt to get some experience at the same time + it's fun. These quests are more fun than most dungeons. I usually manage to get a group together, even though it takes time. Still working on the chapters, so I'm down to run these quests some time(s) if you need a dps :)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I soloed everything besides Rahni'za arena and the Skyreach Catacombs boss that spawns hundreds of ghosts and chains you on my magsorc and magplar. I have tried to do the same with a stamblade but it was much more difficult so I grouped with another player.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • GNLDeathwing557
    Well here we are a couple of months from the Craglorn update and once again pretty much almost any group quest cant be done because you cant get help with them.

Yeah I know, MMO and all that but what is the point of group content if you cant get a group to do it at all?
    I agree fully while most of craglorn is soloable the fact is finding help for group based content is non existent this is due in fact to a majority of things I've seen within eso first and foremost the bulk of players use craglorn as a bulk auction house focusing on selling rather then assisting players. Secondly the fact activity finder cant be used for craglorn content. In closing when help is actually found 90 percent of the time after one death the help dips out and ditches the player needing help, what the devs need to do as I've been attempting craglorn the last 3 years with no success is enable activity finder for craglorn content. Or Make it truly soloable.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well here we are a couple of months from the Craglorn update and once again pretty much almost any group quest cant be done because you cant get help with them.

Yeah I know, MMO and all that but what is the point of group content if you cant get a group to do it at all?
    I agree fully while most of craglorn is soloable the fact is finding help for group based content is non existent this is due in fact to a majority of things I've seen within eso first and foremost the bulk of players use craglorn as a bulk auction house focusing on selling rather then assisting players. Secondly the fact activity finder cant be used for craglorn content. In closing when help is actually found 90 percent of the time after one death the help dips out and ditches the player needing help, what the devs need to do as I've been attempting craglorn the last 3 years with no success is enable activity finder for craglorn content. Or Make it truly soloable.

Dude, this thread is over a year old.....
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not done all of the Craglorn quests yet but as far as the delves go my experience has been that one other person tips the balance pretty well.

I am on PC-NA between 2-6ish am EST in Craglorn most mornings doing my crafting writs. Right now my carpal tunnel is preventing me from doing anything that requires a lot of double or rapid clicking, like dodge-rolling requires, but in a few weeks when my hands settle down I'd be willing to lend one toward helping people complete delve quests.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And to think that people were trying make it into a l33t area, nothing but bots and farmers running around in Craglorn when I played last night with my brother.
    MattT1988 wrote: »

Dude, this thread is over a year old.....

@MattT1988 And yet the problem persists even after a year of the update, now what does that tell you :/

@GNLDeathwing557 Nice Necro :D
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even wanna respond to this thread but if you have a problem soloing Craglorn in 2018 its probably a learn to play issue there's probably 1 or 2 things that you might need another person to help you complete not sure if Spellscar requires 4 players still but Craglorn is easy mode now days
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Since this thread is fairly old, we have decided to close it down. Please keep in mind that, in some cases, it is better to make a new thread instead of reviving a rather old one. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.