Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Great Library

Delphinia
Delphinia
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

I was given both the honor and the pleasure of filming the awe-inspiring "Great Library of Alexandria" created by Wreuntzylla.
It is truly a masterpiece.

The Great Library of Alexandria is thought to have been completely destroyed in a fire begun by orders from Julius Caesar, or to have possibly survived the blaze to have been rebuilt.
May @Wreuntzylla's beautiful tribute and inspired work of this magnificent structure never perish.

I hope you all enjoy the film, but I would suggest visiting this library in person to fully appreciate the time, thought, and details that went into creating this work of art.

thank you kindly,
Delph
https://youtu.be/iKt-k6R6TCE
Edited by Delphinia on April 20, 2019 4:56PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is going to sound like we are exchanging compliments, but once you view the video, you'll see the truth of it.

I am totally blown away. It is professional in every respect. None of the common video sins are present. @Delphinia even wore an appropriate costume and took appropriate poses (reading next to a shelf)! I expected much less as most ESO videos are what they are, filmed by random players.

I am in her debt and unsure how to pay it off. :neutral:

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Delphinia @Wreuntzylla A high quality video made for a high quality housing build... :smile: Excellent work!
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Wow, great work! The Library is an absolute work of art and the video tour frames it beautifully. The two of you have really managed to create something amazing here. We can't wait to see what you do next!
    Staff Post
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to sound like we are exchanging compliments, but once you view the video, you'll see the truth of it.

I am totally blown away. It is professional in every respect. None of the common video sins are present. @Delphinia even wore an appropriate costume and took appropriate poses (reading next to a shelf)! I expected much less as most ESO videos are what they are, filmed by random players.

I am in her debt and unsure how to pay it off. :neutral:
    R_K wrote: »
    @Delphinia @Wreuntzylla A high quality video made for a high quality housing build... :smile: Excellent work!
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Wow, great work! The Library is an absolute work of art and the video tour frames it beautifully. The two of you have really managed to create something amazing here. We can't wait to see what you do next!

Thank you so much for the kind words and very lovely compliments! I can't tell you how much that means to me, especially coming from those who I am inspired by and respect. I only hoped to do @Wreuntzylla justice. The true credit does not go to me, but to the creator. I just simply expressed my feeling through film. I also look forward to seeing future work from such a gifted and talented artist :)
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    The vision, creativity, and knowhow to make this idea come to life is astounding! And the video production is mesmerizing.

Thank you for sharing this monumentous work. Can't wait to logg into the game now and take a look at this in person.

• VeiledCriticism
    VeiledCriticism
    ✭✭✭
    This is amazing. I'm totally blown away by this masterpiece.
    Outstanding job!
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Absolutely stunning :o
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is totally incredible. Amazing work on both the house and the very classy video.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great job on both parts. So much talent! :D
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • RGvolterra
    RGvolterra
    ✭✭✭
    After watching such a work of art I may not be able to express my respect and admiration towards such an art. I really felt like if I had gone back the time and been hounored to contemplate such treasure. Congratulations and keep up the good work.
  • Zells
    Zells
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic home, very creative and inspired.

Is it built on Topal Island?
    Tamriel_Tidbits is the home of your daily ESO Memento Mori: https://www.youtube.com/@Tamriel_Tidbits
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zells wrote: »
    Fantastic home, very creative and inspired.

Is it built on Topal Island?

Thank you for watching. Yes, it is on Topal :)
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow! :open_mouth: This is absolutely amazing!! I'm blown away! It's beautiful <3
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to share that we are both in an amazing design guild, Divine Design Alliance on PC/NA.

You are welcome to check out their youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG3SgI890WlJst6U591Yfkg
    here, you'll not only find a few videos I posted, but also videos posted by some other very talented guild members.
    I absolutely love this guild and its members. <3

In addition, you are also welcome to come check out my new channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9tdUS-GXvn4JMaHlKxBknQ

Thank you kindly for watching :blush:

• Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! :open_mouth: This is absolutely amazing!! I'm blown away! It's beautiful <3

Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed it <3
    @Wreuntzylla is a truly gifted artist!
    Edited by Delphinia on July 27, 2018 5:03PM
  • Tamisan
    Tamisan
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's lovely artwork. But where are all the books and scrolls?A functional library with all available lorebooks (readable furnishings) doesn't leave much space for pretty. You're welcome to visit the primary residence of @Tamisan to check out a book.
    I know now what I was born to do.
    ―Martin Septim
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched for a couple of minutes, but didn’t see anything ESO related. Any ESO screenshots available?

Edit: Hmm, I must have gotten linked to the wrong video. Nice construction!

Edited by Jaraal on December 1, 2018 9:59AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very amazing!! Thank you for sharing, and well done @Wreuntzylla for all the hard work! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Funrukdurkha
    Funrukdurkha
    ✭✭✭
    An incredible design feat - especially given that Wreunt managed to construct it before we all got to grips with the magic of @R_K Cardi's EHT addon. It's even more astounding in person. <3

Dels, your videos bring these amazing houses to life. We are so lucky to have generous, talented and brilliant guildies like you, Wreunt, and Cardinal in Divine Design Alliance. You guys are massively appreciated! :) xxx
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elvici wrote: »
    An incredible design feat - especially given that Wreunt managed to construct it before we all got to grips with the magic of @R_K Cardi's EHT addon. It's even more astounding in person. <3

Dels, your videos bring these amazing houses to life. We are so lucky to have generous, talented and brilliant guildies like you, Wreunt, and Cardinal in Divine Design Alliance. You guys are massively appreciated! :) xxx

I was totally blown away with @Wreuntzylla 's interpretation when I first visited this home and continue to be.
    @R_K has definitely given us in the housing community a wonderful gift, whereby we can enhance and further bring to life our creations.

@elvici , you are very kind; that is such a lovely and much appreciated compliment. I am really just a novice and always see errors and try to improve. I am just happy to be able to do this in my life and that some people seem to enjoy it.

I feel like I'm the lucky one, to be working and playing alongside all of you. DDA has become like a second home (no pun intended) for me here and I'm always amazed at the creativity and kindness that make up this awesome guild.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice, both what you made and presentation video.

It does bring up a point, and this directed at ZOS, not the two OPs. We need to be able to bookshelves that have actual books in them. They dont have to be readable like the book collections we have now. Instead, I see 4 versions to be offered

1. Shelves full of books
    2. Shelves partially full of books
    3. Shelves empty of books
    4. Shelves with some clutter instead of books.

This way shelves can be mixed and matched.

Anyway, this is still an awesome structure and a wonderful video presentation.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    The library is gorgeous! I want to settle in for a day or week, heck a year, and just read. :-) As always, Delphinia, your videos are perfection!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    1. Shelves full of books
    2. Shelves partially full of books
    3. Shelves empty of books
    4. Shelves with some clutter instead of books.

This way shelves can be mixed and matched.

They did have a number of Ayleid bookshelves/bookcases with books in them. And there are 4 variations of them, with differing quantities of books.... although two of them are Crown Store only. But it would certainly be nice if they offered a filled or partially filled version of the Alinor Bookshelf Wall.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Amberune
    Amberune
    Soul Shriven
    Wow! How did I miss this?! I'm a little late to the party on it, but all I can say is, amazing!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So great to see this again. :smile:

Wish I could give it another awesome.

The location is so perfect for it, as well, with the great sunsets over the sea, at Topal.

How amazing would it be if we could buy bookshelves (in various different styles, ideally) with all the readable books already on them?

Then if we could have an animation which allows us to select a book and take it down from the shelf, to read and then have another one which (automatically) places it back, in its original place, on the shelf again?

Would save so many slots and would make libraries, like this one, not just beautiful but truly functional.
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 21, 2020 10:58AM
  • Phanex
    Phanex
    ✭✭✭
    Ya know... Sometimes I wish ESO would offer a contest for house builds and let us fans choose the winner. The winner's house will be built by the dev team (Please god don't let them age the structures) and placed in the game (at the winner's zone of choice) for all players for free as the result (mainly due to ESO shouldn't make that much money off of the winner's ideas).

Just my 2 cents...
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you kindly for your warm and thoughtful comments!
    @Tigerseye and @Phanex yes! absolutely I love it! omgosh @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please give some consideration to their ideas.
    🥂💗