The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Starting/Low level quests make me hate the DC! (props to ZOS quest designers)

ConquerorDromtar
After going through the starter island and Davon's Watch quests I really hate the DC now. What an excellent bit of storysmithing by the content team!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Are you going to be like me and prioritize kicking the DC's butt in Cyrodiil now?
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I started with the Ebonheart Pact and did the initial quests up to 12 or so then tried both of the other alliances in beta. You get such a negative view of the DC in the main quest lines of the EP. It's impressive yet when you do the DC side they seem so nice and all.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. In the beta I played Daggerfall (not wanting to spoil any of the EP storyline) and I really didn't get a feeling of anger towards the other alliances in the starting areas. Now, bleakrock pissed me off, I am always sad to see dead peasants/common folk. Bal Foyen I chose to help protect the Fort since they had so many refugees there. I was quite upset when I visited the Docks later (i knew the soldiers took a heavy hit) and found dead peasants! I thought they would have time to flee (or at least hide).
  • Auldern21
    Auldern21
    The DC make everything seem so great, using lies and deceit to keep the common folk and the grunts from realizing the truth. They are really just evil though. It's a conspiracy. The Pact quests show that they are not above using undead forces to get what they want.
  • Bayezid
    Bayezid
    ✭✭
    When i played the Ebonheart questline and saw the amount of *** the Daggerfall Covenant did,i always assumed that if i played the Daggerfall Covenant questline, the same *** would happen but from the Ebonheart Part.
    Mix wrote: »
    Yes. In the beta I played Daggerfall (not wanting to spoil any of the EP storyline) and I really didn't get a feeling of anger towards the other alliances in the starting areas. Now, bleakrock pissed me off, I am always sad to see dead peasants/common folk. Bal Foyen I chose to help protect the Fort since they had so many refugees there. I was quite upset when I visited the Docks later (i knew the soldiers took a heavy hit) and found dead peasants! I thought they would have time to flee (or at least hide).

So am i to assume that in the Dagger fall covenant questline, the Ebonheart never really attacked or did anything horrible to them in their territory?
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall any straight up EP or AD forces attacking in the DC starting islands. The second island you run into some shady characters, but I didn't feel they were part of another alliance (if anything they would be with Mannimarco). There is an awesome "decision" quest at the end of the island of Betnikh that tells you where some of the DC stands on the use of "power".

Definitely no wholesale destruction of towns and slaughtering of citizens. No beach landing parties or any of that. (until glenumbra where you start to see some AD camps). I don't recall any EP camps but I never finished Glenumbra in beta.
  • krapmyself
    krapmyself
    ✭✭✭
    I switched to DC because of it. They aren't afraid to get s**t done.