The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lack of Beginner build guides.

shadowlord_ESO
shadowlord_ESO
Soul Shriven
I am kinda new to ESO in some way, expectually when I never had a max leveled character. I've been looking around for builds that suppose to help newbies out from 1-50, and all I tend to see if people who made end-games builds over at alcastHQ. I googled searched and some of these builds are outdated, post that from 2014-2015... I'm come to the conclusion that their is no great summerset isle patch to get people started without making a mistake such as following an end-game build when your level 20, waiting to get those skills that you need for that particular build, but your dying left and right on soloing monsters that are not elites.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's because beginner builds for overland questing are literally "wear gear that's close to your level, ideally training trait, ideally set pieces and if you have friends/guildies to craft for you, ask them to make you Hundings Rage/Julianos or some fun crafted set".

Most true beginners dont have the traits researched in order to make their own crafted gear, the gold to buy crafted gear, and farming their own set pieces often get out-leveled quickly.

So my advice for leveling players is to wear gear close to their level so they get the most benefit from battleleveling. If they can collect set pieces or have set pieces crafted for them, that's great.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 1-50 just grab random set gear you find in the world, none of your gear is going to be up to par or match your level until you hit CP160 which is your focus when experiencing all the content. Once you hit CP160 then your gear will actually matter/be important.

If you're struggling for regular quests then I suggest doing your dailies. Now you can get daily dolmens and you can grab daily WBs from dlc zones, as well as the random dungeon daily. You'll gain XP easily that way, you really want to get into CP so all your experience gained actually matters.
    Edited by Smasherx74 on July 21, 2018 12:25AM
    Master Debater
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s easy to forget, I know, but the base game has a built-in leveling advisor for new players.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s easy to forget, I know, but the base game has a built-in leveling advisor for new players.

That is something alright but it defaults to a really bad one that doesn't even do weapon or armor recommendations. Even if a new player clicks on the cog and chooses one of the better builds for a class that does provide weapon and armor recommendations there are several WTF (for new players) recommendations there... like when a build recommends the 4th ability in a skill line but says nothing about needing to unlock lower level abilities in that line in order to unlock the 4th one eventually.

It's better than not having one but I pity a true noob that tries to rely on the level-up advisor without googling beginner guides.

@shadowlord_ESO

Alcast does have a beginner guide he did recently after Summerset. Have a look there.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-new-player-beginner-guide/
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »

Thank you very much for this link. I really like the stuff added to his site. It's up to date and is what I needed, really simple. I really like how he has it written as well.

Original poster, I strongly suggest this site. I went to the other site as well but seemed a bit to complex for my simple mind. Really liking these videos and written builds.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"