The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Pc Crash?

Hotel6
Hotel6
✭✭✭
I played eso today and it happened 3 times that my screen went black and there was a note saying No Signal Detected . Any solution for that?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That usually means your video card has stopped sending the picture to the monitor. Did your PC reboot while this was happening?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    That usually means your video card has stopped sending the picture to the monitor. Did your PC reboot while this was happening?

No.just black screen and u must force shutdown ur pc in order to restart ur system.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Hotel6

If your PC is crashing and giving the message "No Signal Detected," please make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. In addition, you should run both ESO and the launcher as an administrator when launching the game.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Hotel6

If your PC is crashing and giving the message "No Signal Detected," please make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. In addition, you should run both ESO and the launcher as an administrator when launching the game.

drivers were already updated and making it an admin didnt solve the problem.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My next thought is overheating. Graphics card fans running OK? Power supply fan OK? CPU fan running? Case fans running? Nothing is clogged with dust, like filters? No strange noises coming from the computer, like sounds of fans not running right, vibrating, or hitting something?

If you don't have it, get a GPU monitor, like GPU-Z, and see if the graphics card is overheating. Run with the case off to aid in cooling and see if it still happens.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    My next thought is overheating. Graphics card fans running OK? Power supply fan OK? CPU fan running? Case fans running? Nothing is clogged with dust, like filters? No strange noises coming from the computer, like sounds of fans not running right, vibrating, or hitting something?

If you don't have it, get a GPU monitor, like GPU-Z, and see if the graphics card is overheating. Run with the case off to aid in cooling and see if it still happens.

Don't recall the last time but i cleaned my pc in the last 6 months. my gpu is gtx 970. any reason for overheating? maybe i should switch my thermal paste?
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you running EVGA Precision XOC by any chance?
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    P2J2 wrote: »
    Are you running EVGA Precision XOC by any chance?

No. It actually stopped for now. let's hope it won't come back.
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotel6 wrote: »

Don't recall the last time but i cleaned my pc in the last 6 months. my gpu is gtx 970. any reason for overheating? maybe i should switch my thermal paste?

I have the same card, same problem. I tried new drivers, older drivers, nothing worked.
    I will look into GPU-z...

Edited by Tomg999 on July 17, 2018 12:56PM
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    It came back again even mid battlegrounds and we were winning.... Anyone else that can offer an advice?