Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shazah as the Mane.

NeighborhoodKhajiit
NeighborhoodKhajiit
Soul Shriven
On my Aldmeri Dominion character, Shazah was crowned the new Mane while the old one was still alive. If I remember correctly, there can only be one Mane. Plus, according to the lore - the Mane is the same person reincarnated. Am I missing something or did ZoS overlook that?
Edited by NeighborhoodKhajiit on July 20, 2018 12:26AM
The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In ESO's Lore the Mane is any Khajiit born under a certain phase of Masser and Secunda, and that seems to be the only prerequisite for the title. Perhaps they dropped the Reincarnation bit.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • NeighborhoodKhajiit
    NeighborhoodKhajiit
    Soul Shriven
    That’s really weird. I’m not too sure what to think about that.
    The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, for the mane to be the reincarnation of the old mane would require years without on. Symbolic reincarnation would be more to the tune. Mane dies, new mane is 'crowned' following the rituals
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the previous Mane to Shazah becoming a Dark Mane had anything to do with it as well
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    I wonder if the previous Mane to Shazah becoming a Dark Mane had anything to do with it as well

Well, Shazah and Khali start popping up in the background as early as Greenshade. Long before Akkhuz-ri was corrupted.

Also, interesting thing I found in double checking how to spell the characters' names (of all things): Khali or Shaza undergo a physical transformation when they become the new mane, losing their previous markings. Which is probably relevant to this discussion.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, for the mane to be the reincarnation of the old mane would require years without on. Symbolic reincarnation would be more to the tune. Mane dies, new mane is 'crowned' following the rituals
    Eporem wrote: »
    Agreed. It may well be that Akkhuz-ri "died" as the Mane when he first became the Dark Mane, thus opening the way for Shazah and Khali.

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp