Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Do Something for the Serious PvPers..(1 Locked Server for Midyear Mayhem) PS4 NA

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not quite sure why ZOS refuses to acknowledge that many of us who play PvP preferred Alliance Locked Servers. Personally, I liked not liking my AD/DC enemies. It was almost like a sport, we wanted to win. I knew who the bad guys were, we saw them time and time again, and it could get intense. That left with One Tamriel.

I could sit here and point all the ways Alliance Swapping hurts a campaign and how many people I know have left the game because it lost a lot of meaning when the guys you didn't like were suddenly standing beside you, or switching teams whenever they started to lose

But instead I'll just ask, if you add the extra servers like you did last year for MIDYEAR MAYHEM can you please make one of those "ACCOUNT ALLIANCE LOCKED". If it bombs and no one plays, you can just delete it. If it is super busy and competitive, like I can almost guarantee it will be...... consider keeping it. What do you have to lose? I know what you have to gain, a return of hardcore PvPers.
Edited by Crom_CCCXVI on July 20, 2018 10:45AM
  • Xärkol
    Xärkol
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with Crom, and I think if the server is implemented it would constantly be busy.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to PVP with alliance lock. I would like to see this implemented. This would make people competitive for their team again instead of just swapping and farming AP.

Having a campaign lock would be great. Leaving the rest of the servers to the traitors would be good for them as well.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    I would like to PVP with alliance lock. I would like to see this implemented. This would make people competitive for their team again instead of just swapping and farming AP.

Having a campaign lock would be great. Leaving the rest of the servers to the traitors would be good for them as well.

Good to see roleplay is alive and well in pvp!

OT: Never personally saw the need, but I hardly pvp anymore so I've no strong feelings one way or the other.
  • Ra_Rahl
    Ra_Rahl
    Soul Shriven
    This is a great idea especially for Mid-Year Mayhem. This way ZoS wont have to ban people for ap boosting
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ra_Rahl wrote: »
    This is a great idea especially for Mid-Year Mayhem. This way ZoS wont have to ban people for ap boosting

Because the map will be all one color?
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Ra_Rahl wrote: »

Because the map will be all one color?

Yellow
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭
    Serious PvPers don't play console. Next!
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moltyr wrote: »

Maybe in 1998..... but now I'm sitting on a couch with my feet up on a 75" 4K TV with surround sound while your hunched over your PC wondering if you just died because the other guy had a better video card, no thank you.
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people forget this was the game for the first 2 years, when it was more competitive, populations were higher, and PvP was by all accounts way more competitive... it wasn't to One Tamriel that ZOS decided to make boosting, toxic zone chat, and every other exploit way easier by letting everyone "be friends" and switch to whichever color is winning.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe in 1998..... but now I'm sitting on a couch with my feet up on a 75" 4K TV with surround sound while your hunched over your PC wondering if you just died because the other guy had a better video card, no thank you.

savage!!!
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would also like an alliance locked pvp campaign. Would be really great.
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does that TV help with your inventory management, buffs timers, crafting, UI, combat meter? Neither does mine but it displays my PC addons beautifully.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people forget this was the game for the first 2 years, when it was more competitive, populations were higher, and PvP was by all accounts way more competitive... it wasn't to One Tamriel that ZOS decided to make boosting, toxic zone chat, and every other exploit way easier by letting everyone "be friends" and switch to whichever color is winning.

Agreed 100 %
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop.

Its not possible because you can get a 'taxi' to a friend in a campaign.

These endless threads by new players begging faction lock is get annoying.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bam_Bam wrote: »

Does that TV help with your inventory management, buffs timers, crafting, UI, combat meter? Neither does mine but it displays my PC addons beautifully.

It doesn't need to. We can walk without crutches.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure why ZOS refuses to acknowledge that many of us who play PvP preferred Alliance Locked Servers. Personally, I liked not liking my AD/DC enemies. It was almost like a sport, we wanted to win. I knew who the bad guys were, we saw them time and time again, and it could get intense. That left with One Tamriel.

I could sit here and point all the ways Alliance Swapping hurts a campaign and how many people I know have left the game because it lost a lot of meaning when the guys you didn't like were suddenly standing beside you, or switching teams whenever they started to lose

But instead I'll just ask, if you add the extra servers like you did last year for MIDYEAR MAYHEM can you please make one of those "ACCOUNT ALLIANCE LOCKED". If it bombs and no one plays, you can just delete it. If it is super busy and competitive, like I can almost guarantee it will be...... consider keeping it. What do you have to lose? I know what you have to gain, a return of hardcore PvPers.

good idea, i hope this happens.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here, difference is my pc is better than a console..that’s why the others are put away (might need them again someday)

If you prefer consoles good for you but don’t act like a pc can’t be played on a couch
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thumbs up for this comment, it’s about time someone gave it back to the snooty PC “Master Race”. ;):smiley:
    Edited by MattT1988 on November 13, 2018 10:26AM
  • theyoungerbrother
    theyoungerbrother
    ✭✭✭
    Your player base favors an Alliance lock even if your algorithms says there's more money by not locking. Give us gleaming customer service the way you polish your media and PR events.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do know a tv that large is bad for gaming and you would get better performance from a gaming monitor, right? You do also know that ESO is more cpu intensive than GPU, right? But who am I kidding with these questions your stuck on console at that young 30 FPS max but mainly hovering around 5-15 frames. So next time you want to clap back with some humble brag about a setup you have at least come with facts and knowledge.
  • AllegraLionheart
    raviour wrote: »
    Stop.

Its not possible because you can get a 'taxi' to a friend in a campaign.

These endless threads by new players begging faction lock is get annoying.

That's not to say this can't be fixed, as well, nor is it permanent. Even if it remained, that's still one more hurdle the trolls have to jump to get in, AND they won't have as many buddies in there to help them out.
    "Thieves can break my windows to get in, so I may as well not even lock the door!!!" (Sarcastic hyperbole here, but the point remains).

I also don't see a mass of new players requesting faction locks. I may be a newbie, myself, but I was turned onto the idea of faction locking by the older players who've LIVED it.
    PC/NA
    Breton Magden pretending to be a Nord
    GM - Chal Basement Battalion, PvP Guild (Gray Host)