The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Good Add-ons / UI mods for a new player?

Cromulent
Cromulent
I just started playing ESO again earlier this week (I've tried a few times in the past but didn't stick at it), and I'm enjoying myself, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a simple list of add-ons and mods that they would recommend a new player use?

I'm playing a Warden so would like healing focused ones as well as general quality of life add-ons/mods.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory/sorting mods:

Advanced Filters
    Crafting Material Level Display
    Auto Category

Combat/HUD mods:

LUI (Extended)
    Action Duration Reminder
    Combat Metrics
    Dressing Room

Crafting:

Craft Store (fixed and improved)
    Master Recipe List
    Potion Maker
    Research Assistant

Buying/Selling:

Master Merchant
    Tamriel Trade Center
    Awesome Guild Store

Quality of Life: (These may have spoilers if you use them...)

Destinations
    Map Pins
    Skyshards
    Lorebooks
    No, Thank you
    FCMQT
    Harven Improved Skill Windows
    Votans Minimap
    Wykkyds (entire Suite or individual pieces)

This is about 3/4 of all my mods. The others are really just flavor and not really an objective improvement.

• Cromulent
    Cromulent
    Awesome. Thank you for the detailed list. I'll be sure to check the mods all out.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you'd like another list to peruse, here's the ones I would recommend, which are the ones I'd miss if they were not there:
    • Advanced Filters (inventory management)
    • AwesomeGuildStore (improved trading interface)
    • Azurah (improved HUD and UI customisation)
    • Cyrodiil Alert 2 (PvP alerts for keeps under attack, etc)
    • Greymind Quick Slot Bar (quickslot hotkeys and bar display)
    • HarvestMap (shows resource nodes on the map)
    • Journal Quest Log (shows completed quests)
    • Master Merchant (trading assistant)
    • No, thank you! (disables unwanted notifications)
    • Srendarr (buff and debuff tracker)
    All of these are available on ESOUI.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • vrodnenok
    vrodnenok
    is there any good addon to quickly change builds? i mean skill set and equip. since i change it manually from pet build to petless and it take some time. in wow it was built in.
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    vrodnenok wrote: »
    is there any good addon to quickly change builds? i mean skill set and equip. since i change it manually from pet build to petless and it take some time. in wow it was built in.

I can't comment on "good", but yes, there are a number of them. You should hit up esoui.com and check them out, and once you have the features you want described in one, test it yourself. :)
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Inventory/sorting mods:
    Auto Category

This pairs extremely well with FCO Item Saver, an addon that lets you categorize items by purpose, and avoid accidentally misusing them. (For example, mark it for research, and it will stop you deconstructing it on accident.)

Auto Category can use those marks as part of the categories, and you can define up to 30 custom categories in addition to the defaults for whatever purpose you wish.
    Crafting:
    Research Assistant

This duplicates what is available in CraftStore. I have it installed, but only because it provides a feature to another addon that is, as yet, unable to use CraftStore to extract "do I know this recipe" data.

I personally also strongly recommend Auto Research, which will submit traits to learn in the order desired, allowing you to manage learning them without having to think about it beyond setting out a one time plan.
    Buying/Selling:
    Master Merchant
    Tamriel Trade Center

IMO, Master Merchant is most useful if you are part of at least one large scale trade guild, and TTC is most useful if you are not. Regardless, I strongly encourage you to read about them, and their differences, before you select one or the other.

There are alternatives, but these are the most common to have integration with other addons, an incredibly compelling reason to stick with them.
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Azurah (improved HUD and UI customisation)

I use this only for the "move the default UI controls" feature, but it is worth it for that alone.
    HarvestMap (shows resource nodes on the map)

You can download data with all the resource nodes in it, but I personally use this in "remember what I have found myself" mode. I like that better, YMMV, but think about which one you like the most.
    [*] No, thank you! (disables unwanted notifications)

This requires an update to the bundled libnotify to function correctly. Check the comments on the addon for how, but it is definitely worth it.
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    For crafting I particularly like Traitbuddy. I have one character who is primarily my crafter and it's nice to see if something I pick up on a different character can be researched by him.
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vrodnenok wrote: »

I currently use Dressing Room Reborn.

I'll just say that these all work the same, more or less. There are a few things you should know about them.

1. In order to change your equipment you need to be Out of Combat. Skills seem to be changeable in combat sometimes (I don't know why), but gear requires you be completely OOC.

2. In order to change both skill bars you need to switch to you second bar after selecting your new build in order to complete the change.

3. For some reason all of the gear swapping addons send messages to chat (don't worry, you are not broadcasting spam to the world), and the game will give you warning messages if you change gear too quickly/often. It's a weird thing, but just be careful not to change loadouts several times in under a few seconds.
    Edited by danno8 on July 22, 2018 6:54PM
  • Manchas87
    Manchas87
    - Azura (needs better PC than AUI addon, I prefer the second one. Also, AUI has MiniMap and Quickslots on it)
    - Skyshards
    - Lorebooks
    - Harvest Map
    - Destinations
    - LostTreasure
    - Harven's Improved Skills Window
    - Harven's Extended Stats
    - (For tanks): Untaunted
    - Dressing Room Reborn
    - Advanced Filters
    - Critical Damage (add "Crit dmg Increase" Stat to "C" window)
    - Votan's Darker Nights
    - Votan's Improved Outfit Station
    - Immersive Horse Riding
    - Combat Metrics
    - Action Duration Reminder

I'm not even mentioning, that you should use the program MINION
    to read descriptions, download, and update each of your addons.

Have fun man!