Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master Merchant : Help ?

Itacira
Itacira
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello !

I'd like to use Master Merchant to check prices mostly, but it's not loading anything at the moment. I'm not in any guild (since, again, I just wanna browse prices) but could that be the problem ? How does it work ? What am I missing, other than basic intelligence ? D:
PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works off polling the sales from the guilds you are in. Since your not in any guilds, then there is nothing to poll.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Merchant uses the sales data from your guilds to calculate its prices.

No guilds, no data.

You might want Tamriel Trade Center, which uses game-wide listing data instead, and I don't think it requires guild membership.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaah, thank you !!!
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamriel Trade Center is good, but it requires you to run an external program, I think, for it to work. But, you can just use their website and avoid TTC. Also, the biggest problem with TTC is listed prices are not what people are paying, so it skews higher

• Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor Do you have an estimation of the percentage in price difference ? 5%, 10 %?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can really vary.

Quite frankly, 10 minutes at a trading hub will help you more if your selling common items like crafting mats, motifs, and popular set items. Commodity prices tend to be pretty steady so once you have an idea, you can price accordingly. So shop for that which you will sell. I do this even though I have 3 years of MM data to pull from. For example, I am feeding about 200 Motifs into the guild stores and do some browsing before I list. This is due to motif prices fluctuating right now. (They cratered during the last event, and are just now climbing back up)

• Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice ! I got duplicates and more of some blueprints/recipes that'll probably sell for cheap (they're green), but still, I'm thinking of looking into selling them to free bank space. I just wanted to spare myself the tiresome work of traveling all over the place to browse all the guild stores available.
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice ! I got duplicates and more of some blueprints/recipes that'll probably sell for cheap (they're green), but still, I'm thinking of looking into selling them to free bank space. I just wanted to spare myself the tiresome work of traveling all over the place to browse all the guild stores available.

TTC will help with this. For the sake of reasonableness, two concrete suggestions:

First, make sure you see how recently the data was updated, and how many items and listings it is, because if the info is old, or the number of listings is very low, the data is more ... guesswork than knowledge, if you know what I mean.

Second, list ~ 20 percent or so under that price, and you are much more likely to sell, since the listings are the things that are not yet purchased, so they are priced above what people want to pay for the things. You may lose a little potential money from this, but you will save a bucket of heartache.