Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm not a role player...

Revi_Nightfire
Revi_Nightfire
✭✭✭
However, I have the utmost respect and appreciation for the people who do. While I would be inept at any attempt to participate, I think it's really awesome and it adds atmosphere to my gaming experience whenever I encounter it, almost as if real life NPC's are in my game. However today I witnessed some players being so distasteful and caustic to these people that it honestly made me sick. One of the things I love about ESO as I believe it has the best community out of any of them that I have played. I hope that we can support these people and at a minimum not be caustic. TY :)
Revi Nightfire | Imperial Nightblade | Daggerfall Covenant | PC NA
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Feel free to add me if you have questions. @Revi_Nightfire
Need a Friend? Best Friend? Dungeon Partner? Farming Buddy? Geeker Outer? Add me :]

#Loremaster #Elderscrollsfanatic #Sweetrolls 

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the most toxic people I met in this game that were harassing me, were roleplayers.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    One of the most toxic people I met in this game that were harassing me, were roleplayers.

I'm sorry to hear that, and as a roleplayer I can sure you we think poorly of those types as well.

@Revi_Nightfire Hopping into RP can be intimidating (I remember my first few attempts. Fortunately nobody else did!), but if you had the desire to get involved, there are always guilds recruiting for exactly that. There will alway be a few bad apples, but if you've the desire to roleplay, try your hand next time you come across some RPers in a tavern/delve/home :)
    Edited by DocFrost72 on July 17, 2018 4:19PM
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    as a RP'er (from way back when tabletop was the only RP option) I was appalled when I migrated my PC account over to PS4 to see account names instead of character names ... and the bad behaviour in LOCAL audio. I gave up on group RP'ing in ESO except on my main who was in a small vampire guild. I solo RP'd occassionally with my higher level toons helping out new players.

The RP scene in all online games is mixed - mostly good, but it only takes a few jerks to make it a challenge for some players. Just take care you don't get caught up in eRP without being fully aware of the way this can overlap into real life in a potentially dangerous way.

I have had a 2 year break and come back just in the last few days. I am delighted with some of the changes that fixed major ingame/gameplay issues for me as a solo player but I have lost touch with the capacity to intuitively play any of my 50+ toons so I am starting fresh.

It is still easy to ignore the rest of the ESO player base by switching off Social audio, turning on auto-reject duels and turning on auto-don't attack civilians (simply to avoid the rare occasion when you get caught up in a criminal act in town) ... and avoiding PvP areas.

( just a paternalistic opinion from an old fart gamer )
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Pawpie
    Pawpie
    OK, what's a role player?
    PC NA
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pawpie wrote: »
    OK, what's a role player?

@Pawpie

A role player is someone who acts out a specific role with a character through a medium, or in the real world. Think actor, but putting on a movie/play in a game. A lot of roleplay is not strict like you would expect from rehearsing lines, but rather free flow and in response to other roleplayers.

Example, if you wanted to play a breton knight, you may wear a costume or outfit of heavy breton armor, swear fealty to King Casimir / Emeric, and act accordingly. What your character says and how they act around other players depends on who they are as a person, so you'll likely need to think about their life before the situation where you play them too.

In this way your breton knight might interact with dancers, inn patrons, demons, and soldiers of other alliances. It is fun to help build a narrative through the interactions you all have.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Judging strictly based on my financial results I seem to RP a large manufacturing company with an emerging retail subsidiary :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |