The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please fix animation cancelling....

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
... So my frontbar and backbar weapons don't get messed up so often, that i litterally have to have /reloadui as a friggin hotkey?

Right now i experienced it 4 times during a single BG.

In case i am the actually the only one experiencing this, it is a reversal of textures, so that ie. you will be shown to be holding a Staff on your DW bar, and vice versa. It oftens happens when you are CC'ed or just when there is lag, and you are animation cancelling with weapon swap - which is all the friggin time....

Am i really the only one sick of this bug?
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm here for the lulz.
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    I'm here for the lulz.

Here, take an old scool lol
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does that bug have to do with animation cancelling?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    It happens when you cancel skill animations, obviously.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annoying agreed, but it’s not animation cancelling that needs to be fixed I wouldn’t think.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 18, 2018 9:36PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is the first time I've ever hear anyone ask for animation canceling to be fixed to make it work properly.

That being said, the weapon swap bug has been around for a while.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

Does it though? To me it seems the impetus is if you get hit with a hard CC like fossilize or rune cage while weapon swapping.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only swap issue comes after trying to swap after a channelled/cast time ability

Sometimes a gap closer

Outside of those haven't had an issue. Anyone else experience something similar?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it though? To me it seems the impetus is if you get hit with a hard CC like fossilize or rune cage while weapon swapping.

This is true. BUT, my experience is, that the more i use weapon swap to animation cancel, the more prevalent this bug is. A good example is my MagDK. I run chains on backbar, and chains can be cancelled. So i will chain and barswap while travelling (effectively cancelling the chain) and then go to town from there. But being CC'ed mid-gapclosing is very common, and in this case i experience VERY often that the bug appears.

You may be right. It may be just an issue with CC and Barswap. But my guts and gameplay feeling, tells me this is happening only when a skill is being cancelled.
    My only swap issue comes after trying to swap after a channelled/cast time ability

Sometimes a gap closer

Outside of those haven't had an issue. Anyone else experience something similar?

You are one lucky SOB then. Having to die 3 times in a BG only because you find yourself on the wrong bar, using the wrong skills, is making me insane.
    PC - EU
  • mikegundy
    mikegundy
    ✭✭✭
    If you are referring to the bug where your backbar weapon will visually take the place of your frontbar weapon or vice versa, all you have to do is unequip and re-equip one of them.
    Gundysorc - AR50

GM of Hysteria
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also dont use mouse scroll to swap. 90% of time it bugs out when using the scroll.
    And I'm wondering if it looks bugged like that in other's pov.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikegundy wrote: »
    If you are referring to the bug where your backbar weapon will visually take the place of your frontbar weapon or vice versa, all you have to do is unequip and re-equip one of them.

This is good advice. Can't believe i actually never tried that. But mostly, you are stuck in Combat during every second of a BG, which means you cant change around weapons. And the problem is that the bug is still there, causing me to die when the bug happens.
    Soris wrote: »
    Also dont use mouse scroll to swap. 90% of time it bugs out when using the scroll.

Woa - i use mouse scroll to swap. But thats like 3 years of muscle memory i would have to work with. Auch...

And i am pretty confident the opponent has the correct visuals. I have not once seen anyone doing 2H skills, while having a Resto Staff equipped etc etc. Think the forums would overflow with CHEATER CHEATER threads.
    PC - EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    And i am pretty confident the opponent has the correct visuals. I have not once seen anyone doing 2H skills, while having a Resto Staff equipped etc etc. Think the forums would overflow with CHEATER CHEATER threads.

I can't remember ever having seen my opponents look like they have the wrong weapons, so I think you are correct.

But I imagine using 2 handed skills with a resto staff looks something like this.
    ValidLastingBull-size_restricted.gif
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soris wrote: »

It does not show for your opponents. Encountered it many times dueling my brother and we checked it...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

I can't remember ever having seen my opponents look like they have the wrong weapons, so I think you are correct.

But I imagine using 2 handed skills with a resto staff looks something like this.
    ValidLastingBull-size_restricted.gif

Definitely dizzy into reverse slice
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is like saying that animation cancelling causes me to die. Every time I'm animation cancelling I die, therefore fix animation cancelling. :|