Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Tried to update eso and it uninstalled itself

Apache_Kid
Apache_Kid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Tried to apply the update for todays patch and the update paused mid download and wouldn't move so i had to cancel it.

This removed the entire 90gb of eso from my system. How is this possible? There goes any chance of me playing today. Awesome.
  • Elrinthil
    Elrinthil
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Elrinthil on November 26, 2018 1:16AM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No idea. I heard it happen to others as well. I called xbox about it. They said anytime you cancel an update you have a chance to have the game wiped from the console. I asked them what else we are supposed to do when a download is stuck and they said sometimes you have to cancel it. I told them that seemed like a serious design flaw to have that as the only fail-safe for a stuck download and the rep had no comment @Lymantria_Luna
  • Rapscallion74
    Rapscallion74
    ✭✭✭
    This just happened to me as well. Wish I had come here first.

Cant be bothered to re-download 90 gigs. Cancelled reoccurring billing on ESO plus and just subbed to gamepass. Big xbox sale starts tomorrow as well. Plenty of other fish in the sea...
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Cant be bothered to re-download 90 gigs. Cancelled reoccurring billing on ESO plus and just subbed to gamepass. Big xbox sale starts tomorrow as well. Plenty of other fish in the sea...

LOL damn that sucks man. RIP
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this is a good thing
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It happened to me on my Xbox One.

But it did not happen on my Xbox One X.

I am noticing very little response from ZOS today, they must be hiding under their desks hoping this patch worked....

Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • Cheetac19
    Cheetac19
    ✭✭✭

Right there with you. I am using a hotspot at the moment so download speed is super slow. Little update was no problem. But the whole damn game? Yeah, that'll take a week. No thanks. Oh well, I guess. Game was going down hill anyway
  • Elrinthil
    Elrinthil
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Elrinthil on November 26, 2018 1:15AM