The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I can't start Messages Across Tamriel

Dalitrox
Dalitrox
I have a problem to start quest from Queen Ayrenn after quest in Temple of the Moons path. I can't start the quest. So I have questions:
1. I need a higher level (I have 41)
2. Game on PC have bug and quest not exist
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What progress have you made in the main quest (Prophet/Harborage etc)? Messages across Tamriel certainly exists on PC, but it's where the main quest and the alliance quests (what you just finished in Temple of the Moons) intersect. Either it's not available to you because you haven't made enough progress on the main quest, or you've bypassed it by making further progress on the main quest.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, this is the intersection of the Main Quest and the Faction quests, which will lead you to Coldharbor, ending the threat of the Planemeld, and defeating Molag Bal.

So if you haven't done the main quest up to the point where you've
    recovered the Amulet of Kings
    go do that.

If you have already done Coldharbor, the Main Quest and ended the Planemeld and Molag Bal, then this quest just kinda breaks off wince you've already done the content its leading you to.
  • Dalitrox
    Dalitrox
    Basically, this is the intersection of the Main Quest and the Faction quests, which will lead you to Coldharbor, ending the threat of the Planemeld, and defeating Molag Bal.

go do that.

If you have already done Coldharbor, the Main Quest and ended the Planemeld and Molag Bal, then this quest just kinda breaks off wince you've already done the content its leading you to.

Coldharbor I was finished months ago. Theoretically, I'm in the middle of Cadwell's Silver because I do not know what quests I need to do. And Coldharbor, regaining my soul and defeating Molag Bal, I have long ago behind me.
    Edited by Dalitrox on July 18, 2018 5:51AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrDalitrox wrote: »

go do that.

Coldharbor I was finished months ago. Theoretically, I'm in the middle of Cadwell's Silver because I do not know what quests I need to do. And Coldharbor, regaining my soul and defeating Molag Bal, I have long ago behind me.

Then you won't be able to do Messages Across Tamriel now, because you effectively already did it. That's the quest that's all like "Ayrenn, Emeric, Jorunn, we should head to Stirk to discuss invading Coldharbor so we can end the Planemeld! Oh, wait...already did that."

If you are stuck on Cadwell's Silver or Gold , the quests should have a tab in your quest journal or your achievements listing what you need to do. You can also use this to figure out where you are: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Quests
  • Dalitrox
    Dalitrox
    Okay. So I would have a Strik Objective quest. But my problem is Queen talk to me she have a message for me but I can't do anything without press Goodbye
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queen Areyn is in about a half dozen places in the game, they leave copies of her all over the place after quests involving here are done.

So, are you in correct zone to talk to her?

And I have sliced and diced the MQ just about anyway I can and it works. But sometimes you have to use the UESP to pick up the quest thread. Google their site if you dont have it already bookmarked
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay. So I would have a Strik Objective quest. But my problem is Queen talk to me she have a message for me but I can't do anything without press Goodbye

I'm assuming you're DC like my main character is. I think I know what you're talking about because I remember having that conversation with Ayrenn after the Temple of the Moon. It was kind of weird because she was obviously setting up the alliance invasion of Coldharbour stuff but it didn't go anywhere because I'd already done it.

So the basic answer is don't worry about it because you're not actually supposed to do anything with it. You would have some kind of directive to see Cadwell in the Harborage, though, if you had done everything required for Cadwell's Silver.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Her message is for you to start the Messages Across Tamriel quest, which you can't do because you've already done it. Just move on, because there's nothing to do about it.
  • Dalitrox
    Dalitrox
    Ok. Thanks everyone for help