The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Return pre-Summerset battlegrounds! devs attention required

labambao
labambao
✭✭✭✭
I love ESO Battleground so much. Last year i enjoy it every day for 15-20 games. After some time pass you enchant it with Champion Points system. It was awesome, i start to love it much more. I play it alot and enjoy it. To be honest - i dont play ESO, i play only Battlegrounds. Other content is nothing in case of how BG was good. Then you turn off CP. It's not the best way, but ok, still best content.
And now, Summerset update. It's ruin all good staff. Now i describe:

MMR. I dont know how it work, looks like something about how much games you play, not winrate. Or how much points you earned. So players can play against other players with their level of MMR. Like storng with strong, weak with weak etc.
Sounds good. DOESNT WORK.
So i login to game. want to play some bg. I join queue and wait. Alone i need to wait about 20-30 min to start the game. Max game time is 15 mins. So i wait double time to play. It's not okay. If i queue duo with friend queue time is about 30-50 min. To play 15 min game. Feel it? I do.

Premade queue. You say you do something with this. Like premades will play with premades, solo queuers with solo.
So i think "OK, GREAT!". And going to solo queue. What i see when game starts - 1 team - 4 players premade. Second team - 3 players premade + random. Your team - you, ququeing solo, some nightblade 400 cp, his friend warden 450 cp and templar in worm cult 900cp. And i wait to play this beautiful game for 40 minute?

And all that what i say is not sigle time game, its every my game. I try few times to queue with my friends, in premade of 4 ppl. After 90 minutes of queue was not ant ready check. We rejoin que and wait more 50 mins. Still no ready check. We all close the game and going to sleep.

Please, do something with it. Before Summerset was good. Maybe return that battlegrounds to us? Because this system do it LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE NOW.

Thank you for your attention to pvp community, Zenimax. We love you. =*
Edited by labambao on July 5, 2018 11:52AM

Return pre-Summerset battlegrounds! devs attention required 42 votes

Pre-Summerset system was better!
57% 24 votes
Post-Summerset system is great!
38% 16 votes
I dont play BG
4% 2 votes
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Queueing as full premade when I'm on the top of leaderboad and other group members also have high places there, is a real nightmare.

Before Summeset queues were approximately 1min long, now sometimes I wait for half an hour or even longer.

They NEED to change how it works.

I know they wanted to give a chance for win for weaker solo players, but punishing premades with high scores is not how this problem should be solved.

I feel like I've been punished only because I invested more time and work into BG leaderboard than casual solo players. That's not fair.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I play, the more I feel like MMR is based on current leaderboard position.

I have like 500+ wins and consistently get higher numbers and scores than 99% of the people I play in BG's but I'm getting quick queues <5-10m and I'm being unfairly matched against thumb-less players - Who I just continue to better.

I also match up against the same players on my Day 1 of BG's Templar (Main) and my 2 week old sorc.

Something is wrong with the system - It makes little to no sense.

Also, No-CP is far better, if it wasn't for BG's I'd of never experienced No-CP really.
    I wish the whole game was No-CP - Aggression and damage prevails over hiding and holding block - If you've got a wet build, you've got a wet build and will be exposed - No crutches for certain situations, no targeting specific classes etc.

Back to the MMR/Q's - I only experience long queues as a 4man and still get matched against randy BK's most of the time.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Queueing as full premade when I'm on the top of leaderboad and other group members also have high places there, is a real nightmare.

Before Summeset queues were approximately 1min long, now sometimes I wait for half an hour or even longer.

I know they wanted to give a chance for win for weaker solo players, but punishing premades with high scores is not how this problem should be solved.

I feel like I've been punished only because I invested more time and work into BG leaderboard than casual solo players. That's not fair.

Zaan crutching MagNB thinks he is a skillful player. Your premade doesn't have a good score. You guys don't even play versus the big boys, your combined MMR is terrible enough to be matched vs PUGS repeatedly.

No offense, just bringing you back to reality, buddy.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Alurue
    Alurue
    Soul Shriven
    BNOC wrote: »
    The more I play, the more I feel like MMR is based on current leaderboard position.

It isn't. I can join the queue on my alternative character that I have never played before and get the invite instantly, but if I'll try this on my main, I'll just get forced to wait like 30-60 minutes.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

Zaan crutching MagNB thinks he is a skillful player. Your premade doesn't have a good score. You guys don't even play versus the big boys, your combined MMR is terrible enough to be matched vs PUGS repeatedly.

No offense, just bringing you back to reality, buddy.

1. Not "he", but "she". I'm a woman. :kissing:
    2. Show me where I said I'm skilled player? BG leaderboards are based on how much do you play, not how good you are. :)
    3. Yes I'm running Zaan and full cheese setup because hate whispes are like balm on my soul. Before Summerset I was using War Maiden + Lich, and it was quite boring. :)
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭

No, it isn't. I can instantly que with my new char, but on my main, who haven't place in leaderboards now, i still need wait for 40+ mins.
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    I fully support this thread (minus the CP part) and everyone like it. Stacks of players have been punished for over a month "there may be longer queue times to produce better competition in Battlegrounds, but we will be monitoring their impact and adjusting if necessary" ZOS TradeMark. Pure discrimination. God knows what the conditions were when they grouped us "Top end" players pre-summerset? Less and less of us are even queuing/playing today, resulting in a horrific and worsening experience. I refuse to make a new character just to play more than one game every 3-4 hours.

Need to keep a light on this situation.

Edit: P.S @Mojomonkeyman You too savage :dizzy:
    Edited by Fake Remedy on July 5, 2018 3:08PM
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop crying to revert changes otherwise the game wont go anywhere. Changes keep the game fresh and if ppl cry all day and want to go back to older versions of the game the game will die out sooner or later as people get bored. And with the pace ZOS is pushing combat balance and class balance patches ill give this game another year and a half before the playerbase is completely extinct.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Before

Join a premade or get stomped by premades every 10mn

After

Join a premade or get stomped by premades every 30-240mn
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Stop crying to revert changes otherwise the game wont go anywhere. Changes keep the game fresh and if ppl cry all day and want to go back to older versions of the game the game will die out sooner or later as people get bored. And with the pace ZOS is pushing combat balance and class balance patches ill give this game another year and a half before the playerbase is completely extinct.

Stopping people from playing BGs is "making the game fresh"? I think balance is the least of your concerns if you can't play in the first place.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have like 500+ wins and consistently get higher numbers and scores than 99% of the people I play in BG's but I'm getting quick queues <5-10m and I'm being unfairly matched against thumb-less players - Who I just continue to better.

I also match up against the same players on my Day 1 of BG's Templar (Main) and my 2 week old sorc.

Also, No-CP is far better, if it wasn't for BG's I'd of never experienced No-CP really.
    I wish the whole game was No-CP - Aggression and damage prevails over hiding and holding block - If you've got a wet build, you've got a wet build and will be exposed - No crutches for certain situations, no targeting specific classes etc.

Back to the MMR/Q's - I only experience long queues as a 4man and still get matched against randy BK's most of the time.

I haven’t hit the leaderboards once since summerset, but I’ve hit #1 on deathmatch more than a few times prior.

My stamden still has 30 min solo queues. His MMR hasn’t gone down.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

Think the poll is slightly lost in translation @ATomiX96 which resulted in your reply to the OP being way off. MMR has locked most of the active (some would say, successful) pre summerset battleground characters behind punishing queue times for over a month now. It’s complete bs. That you can’t disagree with, surely?
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting in a queue must be a PC problem.
    I play PS4 NA, and even while being on the leaderboards, I've yet to wait more than 4 minutes for a queue to pop. Even when I rarely do a premade run, do we wait longer than 5 minutes.
    Sorry, truly so, that some of you are experiencing that.

As to the OP, no...I do not wish to go back to pre Summerset battlegrounds. I've seen more fresh faces in BG's and only occasionally getting stomped by a premade, rather than every single game, has been great.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

I haven’t hit the leaderboards once since summerset, but I’ve hit #1 on deathmatch more than a few times prior.

Same here, haven't even set foot on the leaderboard since Summerset dropped.

But then again after the first couple weeks I stopped playing my main and 2 fav alts almost entirely.

I've been playing mostly in the under 50 bracket where the games are instant and there are rarely any premades, and a bit less cheese like Zaan and Skoria etc.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »

Same here, haven't even set foot on the leaderboard since Summerset dropped.

But then again after the first couple weeks I stopped playing my main and 2 fav alts almost entirely.

I've been playing mostly in the under 50 bracket where the games are instant and there are rarely any premades, and a bit less cheese like Zaan and Skoria etc.

I haven’t even touched the boards in awhile lol first day or two of the patch I was 3 in dm , probably one overall if I played 1 character. It’s not that rewarding anyways. I don’t feel compelled to even try to get number 100.
  • Baz
    Baz
    ✭✭✭

I'm 100% sure this is not like this :
    I haven't played a single BGs since Summerset drop, but I was pretty active on my magplar before (near every week in the 3 leaderboards).
    Last week, I just tag a BG with my main for the box, the game was full of well-known PvPers/premade.
    10min after, I log on my magsorc, who has never entered a BG since his creation, and the game was like Christmas, full of low-CP/newb players. :|
    vAA : 150.350 WS StamBlade
    vSO : 171.041 CwC StamSorc
    vHRC : 155.895 DB Tank
    vMoL : 159.672 CwC Stamplar
    vHoF : 206.667 MkM StamNB
    vAS : 111.272 MkM Magplar
    vCR : 128.397 WS MagSorc
    Mostly retired from PvE ESO
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baz wrote: »

I'm 100% sure this is not like this :
    I haven't played a single BGs since Summerset drop, but I was pretty active on my magplar before (near every week in the 3 leaderboards).
    Last week, I just tag a BG with my main for the box, the game was full of well-known PvPers/premade.
    10min after, I log on my magsorc, who has never entered a BG since his creation, and the game was like Christmas, full of low-CP/newb players. :|

Yeah same for me. Didn't really play BGs since summerset until a few days ago and the enemies on my chars that used to do BGs often are considerably better than the people I play against on newer PvP chars. Sure you always have some outliers, but overall it's very consistent.
  • ReName
    ReName
    YES JUST REMOVED THE MMR SYSTEM IT,S WAY BETTER THEN.
    KEEP THE NO-CP BECAUSE NOW IT TAKES SKILL TO KILL WITH CP NOT SO MUCH