The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fix this MMR queue

Millz
Millz
✭✭✭
Are we going to get a fix to were I can get a normal queue during the double ap event? Its going to be pretty depressing if I have to wait over an hour for a game.
Brenhji
PC NA - 400 cp
(Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have started playing bgs significantly less and have been going into cyrodil which is dislike
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I have started playing bgs significantly less and have been going into cyrodil which is dislike

Well im forced to play other characters that I dont really enjoy as much just to get a normal queue. I'm wanting to push rank on 1 person and Its hard when I literally cant small scale in cyrodiil and cant get in bg's at all unless I queue with someone whos not played bg's or has a low mmr and scales me down
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp

• Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    And not to mention getting in and freezing then the whole 16 min deserting penalty. I could go on about how i think bgs should be.

They should have reset everyones mmr coming into this change. That way people who are playing good currently will get paired together not against people who were also just playing a lot before hand. And how you should lose mmr if you lose. Its kind of like an imaginary value and its like "ok you played this many games and won this many so now you only play against these kind of groups"
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

I tried that but the current state of Cyrodill on console is awful and my internet speed only makes it worse. Its painful but doable when you fight other players lagging as badly as you are. Its a whole other bag of potatoes when players are getting 4-5 skills off for every one of your own. You just cannot fight them even if they aren't very good. And that's completely aside from freezing, CC immunity bugs, and being unable to break free from half of the CC's.

BG's suffer from some similar bugs but not nearly as bad. The long que is pretty annoying but I've only found it to be around 20min max, normally its about a 5-10min que for me. And my alts que in pretty close to instantly so I can always jump on one of those.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have 4 BGs characters.

Main: 30 min+ queue (surprisingly got a match in 2 minutes in the last 24 hours)
    Alts: 5 min or less queues

It sucks not being able to play my main but through this experience I learned how to play my magDK really well, found a new magNB build I like, scored some really easy kills on a magSorc, and found my magPlar build not as effective anymore with the abundance of unblockable CC.
  • ReName
    ReName
    it would be way better if they just remove the hold MMR expect IN BG.
    it really does,t matter if you play against some one that played a lot off BG with a high MMR
    or some one that did,t play a lot off BG there are always some better teams then other

with MMR system if you played a lot you keep playing against same players which is no fun at all plus it makes the time find a game way to long with this system

it would be way better if the MMR Got removed you play against more players shorten the time you need to wait for your next game
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    ReName wrote: »
    it really does,t matter if you play against some one that played a lot off BG with a high MMR
    or some one that did,t play a lot off BG there are always some better teams then other

with MMR system if you played a lot you keep playing against same players which is no fun at all plus it makes the time find a game way to long with this system

it would be way better if the MMR Got removed you play against more players shorten the time you need to wait for your next game

u're completly wrong. mmr is nessesary, but...it should be dynamic.
    Like refreshing every week or at least every month. And be more smart to resolve such problem as more than 5 min queue.
    And, on top of that, there should be separation for premade groups and randomly grouped.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Anethum wrote: »
    ReName wrote: »

u're completly wrong. mmr is nessesary, but...it should be dynamic.
    Like refreshing every week or at least every month. And be more smart to resolve such problem as more than 5 min queue.
    And, on top of that, there should be separation for premade groups and randomly grouped.

Seperation wont ever happen but it should be dynamic absolutely. Every multiplayer game with rank is dynamic and resets. As far as pre mades 4 mans should be places up against 3 mans with 1 solo or like 2 2 mans and such. EVERYTHING would be easier if there were only 2 teams
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »
    EVERYTHING would be easier if there were only 2 teams

idk, I don't like idea of 2 teams. look at logo...eso is all about 3 sides.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »
    Seperation wont ever happen but it should be dynamic absolutely.

Separation can, should and hope to be implemented as soon as possible.
    Most interesting fights and unpredictable teams i've met in full random battlegrounds.
    Premade fights are absolutly different thing, which is all about voice coordination and toxic *** like Durok's bane, cost poisons, overnumbering 1 target, healbots. It's another type of game. And it can be interesting if your premade team compete with another 2 premades, but when u fight as premade vs randoms...nah, it's ridiculously easy to win and miserable.
    Solo queuers should have a choice to fight vs another solo queuers or vs premades.
    As Zeni said at eso live not once "Quality of life"...thats it, this thing is respect to player, choice. Give us a choice....

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_Wrobel We need quality of life...in this case - separation of Premades and randomly created groups, if solo queuer want this... Option [*] "full random groups" in queue for bgs. Like u made choice for mode of game.
    Edited by Anethum on July 25, 2018 11:37PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 minute MINIMUM to play a bg on my main. It’s ridiculous.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMR needs a rework. It just punishes players who regularly play BG.

I’m no PvP god. I lose two thirds of my matches, but I still enjoy playing.

However, I can’t play if it takes thirty plus minutes to queue. Why does it take that long? My win / lose stats definitely don’t show that I need to be matched against the “top” players. Everyone’s assumption is that if you’re “ranked” highly within BG, then the queue will find someone of equal rank for you to play against.

I wasn’t even on the BG Deathmatch leader boards. Yet I’m waiting a ridiculous amount of time in the queue, only to learn that other players are getting through the queue in just a few minutes.

At this point, I am completely convinced that the ONLY factor that mmr considers is how many BG matches you’ve played.
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    MMR needs a rework. It just punishes players who regularly play BG.

I’m no PvP god. I lose two thirds of my matches, but I still enjoy playing.

However, I can’t play if it takes thirty plus minutes to queue. Why does it take that long? My win / lose stats definitely don’t show that I need to be matched against the “top” players. Everyone’s assumption is that if you’re “ranked” highly within BG, then the queue will find someone of equal rank for you to play against.

I wasn’t even on the BG Deathmatch leader boards. Yet I’m waiting a ridiculous amount of time in the queue, only to learn that other players are getting through the queue in just a few minutes.

At this point, I am completely convinced that the ONLY factor that mmr considers is how many BG matches you’ve played.

I agree my character ive played the most has a ridiculous queue time and some of my new ones thay i win regularly on have short ones. The MMR needs to be dynamic not static
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completely stopped doing BGs because of this broken MMR.
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if MatchMaking Rating has been officially confirmed by ESO but here it is. For the record.

Capture2.PNG
    Edited by Fake Remedy on July 30, 2018 9:37PM
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if MatchMaking Rating has been officially confirmed by ESO but here it is. For the record.

Capture2.PNG
    It has been officially confirmed. It is in the summerset patch notes.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    It has been officially confirmed. It is in the summerset patch notes.
    MatchMaking Rating wasn't coined in the summerset patch notes. If you are referring to this.
    • Decreased the rate at which the system expands the range of players to be evaluated for a potential match.
    From what we know now. The above implies all battleground players had a value prior to Summerset.
    We also know.
    Each character accumulates value while playing in Battlegrounds.
    Unknown how and when those values are accumulated (timeplayed, total medals, CP rank, Total healing/damage done), if a character can be devalued or what your characters value is
    Empty potential matches of any given mode are instanced within a undetermined range of values from a total undetermined range of values.
    The Battleground MatchMaking system then begins to evaluate queued players value within that undetermined range.
    Summerset changes -
    • Battleground match making now adds an additional multiplier to the value of players who are grouped. This value scales differently between 2, 3, and 4 player groups
    Potential match positions are assigned to players (Solo, Duo, Trio, Full) currently queued within the undetermined range of values.
    After a unknown time interval/rate the undetermined range will expand both sides until all potential positions are filled.
    Summerset changes -
    • Decreased the rate at which the system expands the range of players to be evaluated for a potential match.
    Once all potential positions are filled. Ready check is issued. Match is then formed.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Gray areas and errors in the above explanation aside. NO ONE IS PREPARED TO WAIT OVER 30 MINUTES FOR ONE MATCH. So they don't. The impact only felt once you have accumulated enough value. Most then create new characters with zero accumulated value and plague actual new/inexperienced players in battlegrounds. After over a months worth of monitoring can you not consider adjusting lowering these queue times which have inadvertently smashed the soul out of the competitive battlegrounds community.

Cheers.
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally created a new Stam sorc, xerox copy of the original, so I can play BG without waiting half an hour to play.

Collecting sky shards is a pain and my horse runs slow as hell, but at least I won’t get screwed by the queue.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on July 31, 2018 5:19AM