The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Demise of Falkreth Motif title is misleading

Katahdin
Katahdin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
At first I thought this was a new style then when I moused over the picture of the book it says "Dreadhorn"

Someone looking at this real quick might think its a new style and buy it when they already have it.
Beta tester November 2013
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Someone looking at this real quick might think its a new style and buy it when they already have it.

I suspect that's the point. It wouldn't be the first time.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would hope that they would not do something so sleezy but it did cross my mind
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do agree that there should be a consistency between the showcase language and the store language.

But when the showcase says, "The Dreadhorn Style Crown Crafting Motif will be available on all platforms starting on July 16." and you go to the store on or after the 16th and see Falkreath Demise but the motif book itself in the bundle says Dreadhorn, I don't think there's any intentional misleading.

The naming of the items in the bundle takes precedent over what the bundle is actually called. And with both a 'preview' and a 'bundle details' option, there's ways to double and triple check before you buy.
    signing off
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If its not slimy how can one justify the name change if they are the same thing and same motif number...

How on earth is naming it different to confuse everyone not a slimy thing to do..
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would hope that they would not do something so sleezy but it did cross my mind

I mean, they actively removed the notice informing purchasers that Outfit Slots are per character rather than account-wide when moving it from PTS to Live, so... I'd say there's precedent for the Crown Store being intentionally misleading.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I do agree that there should be a consistency between the showcase language and the store language.

But when the showcase says, "The Dreadhorn Style Crown Crafting Motif will be available on all platforms starting on July 16." and you go to the store on or after the 16th and see Falkreath Demise but the motif book itself in the bundle says Dreadhorn, I don't think there's any intentional misleading.

The naming of the items in the bundle takes precedent over what the bundle is actually called. And with both a 'preview' and a 'bundle details' option, there's ways to double and triple check before you buy.

But it's the Dreadhorn motif...was there something wrong with posting it as the Dreadhorn Motif?
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    But it's the Dreadhorn motif...was there something wrong with posting it as the Dreadhorn Motif?

The work-in-progress name for the motif was Falkreath Demise. This is probably just a case of one department not updating the other one about the finalized name change.

I mean, they actively removed the notice informing purchasers that Outfit Slots are per character rather than account-wide when moving it from PTS to Live, so...

I agree that the interface should say character upgrade, but there was no interface change between PTS and Live.

ol3a3rp.png
    http://guardianestamriel.blogspot.com/2018/02/guia-del-outfit-system-transmog-en.html
    signing off
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I previewed the motif, and it was pretty clear from the bundle preview that it was the Dreadhorn motif.

As with many things in the Crown Store, do your research, double check, and caveat emptor.