The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I don't understand the complaining.

basdisco
basdisco
✭✭✭
Why is there so much hate directed towards the developers? You got 5 days early access, do you even know what 'early access' means? Official release isn't until friday and I find it funny how many people are willing to give up already just because there a bugs in the early access version of the game. Of course a game so gigantic won't run perfectly during launch. Just the slightest bump in the road will make people turn away. Have a little patience, these guys have released the best games in the world and you are already giving up after the first couple of days? The fact that it was lag free and had no queues is an amazing accomplishment and unheard of with new starting MMOs.

Anyway, have fun instantly being a whiny so called 'fan' because only a couple of things either did not work or were not included in the game. Have fun playing WoW while I intend on playing the most fantastic, content rich game I've ever played.

My compliments to the developers, they really don't get enough credit for this incredible world they've created.
  • atwon23
    atwon23
    ✭✭✭
    A couple things? LOL

look I want this game to be a hit also, but you must have blinders on if you don't see ESO needs a ton of work in order to generate the revenue it needs to succeed.

On a side note why does everyone say go back to WoW? I personally have never played it.
  • basdisco
    basdisco
    ✭✭✭
    atwon23 wrote: »
    A couple things? LOL

look I want this game to be a hit also, but you must have blinders on if you don't see ESO needs a ton of work in order to generate the revenue it needs to succeed.

On a side note why does everyone say go back to WoW? I personally have never played it.

I understand where you're coming from and I also see that it still needs a lot of work, but I still think that a game this size, online and in early access is already doing a great job, it could have been a lot worse.

Like I said, there are dozens of things that need improvement but when I play I thoroughly enjoy the game and it gets annoying when people do nothing but complain. Fair critique is fine but saying the game sucks and threatening to uninstall just because the early access version needs some serious polishing is a spoiled western attitude. It's still very much in development and I'm just glad I get to play this basic ESO version which still needs some work, instead of having to wait another 6 months for a perfect polished version.

Just enjoy what you have and have a little patience, these guys know what they're doing.
  • Morodor
    Morodor
    This "basic ESO version" as u say cost well alot of money,
    May The Forcr Be With Us
  • Kueller
    Kueller
    While I agree with the OP's basic sentiment, I can see where the complaining is coming from. The Elder Scrolls is a beloved series, and, as has been pointed out, people paid money for this game. I myself have enjoyed the game upto now, and have had little if any big bugs, but it's understandable that people can be a little disappointed if, as paying customers, they still run into bugs or are missing expected features.

I don't mean to say it's fair to the developers, who are obviously hard-working, and from what I've seen up to now, are really into the source material, but there's little to be done. Also don't forget a lot of people who want to play ESO are possibly not seasoned MMO-players. Coming from single player experience where you (usually/ideally) get a more polished experience from the get-go, it might be disconcerting to be thrown into the unending work-in-progress that is any big MMO.

Having said that, I'd also hope people would try to be a bit more understanding, but I'm sure there's many (silent) people really enjoying the game.

Finally, I don't mean to doubt the OP's intentions but making a post in this vein might just be the complainers' equivalent to a red cloth in front of a bull. So don't get to frustrated with the comunity. Just because a lot of us don't post regularly to express positive sentiments, doesn't mean it's all doom and gloom. Play the game alongside the people who enjoy playing, and don't forget to have fun!
  • Bloodmonarch
    Bloodmonarch
    ✭✭
    I don't think the format of these forums help, in as much as, I don't know about anyone else but, I always click on 'Recent Dicussions' rather than go to individual forums, which of course includes customer support, so I see a lot of complaints.

They really need a general discussion section, which is 'THE' default category everyone goes to in other forums. As an example I posted about my first impressions of ESO but had to put it in the player questions forum because nothing else came close to being appropriate.

On the subject of complaining, I can understand the frustration from those that can't play. I'm lucky, like a lot of us, who have had a perfect experience so far, with no performance issues, no crashes, no bugs..its all worked flawlessly. The frustration and anger from these people is because they simply want to play the game. The ones I don't understand is the 'over the top' complaining about a few bugs, as if the game is some bug ridden mess, it is so far from that.

The other fact is, which the devs are aware of. people with an axe to grind are much more likely to take the time to post on the forums than those that are having fun playing the game. The people having fun are busy doing just that. It would be nice if some more took the time out to post some of their positive experiences though.
  • ConquerorDromtar
    This is the first game I've played at (pre) launch and have to say I'm really impressed. I've usually started an MMO a couple months into it's life to avoid the majority of start-up growing pains. I've been very pleasantly surprised at the overall lack of widespread glitches, even though I've been caught by a couple quest bugs and random "unknown errors". Even on an older laptop and wireless internet I've encountered very little lag or other hardware related issues.

Taken with a grain of understanding that things still need to be worked out as the population increases and people find new issues, I've been very very happy with how the game's gone for me so far. Everything is beautiful and the world is very engaging. Now, if only I could get a handle on the whole action combat thing….:D
  • basdisco
    basdisco
    ✭✭✭
    Kueller wrote: »
    While I agree with the OP's basic sentiment, I can see where the complaining is coming from. The Elder Scrolls is a beloved series, and, as has been pointed out, people paid money for this game. I myself have enjoyed the game upto now, and have had little if any big bugs, but it's understandable that people can be a little disappointed if, as paying customers, they still run into bugs or are missing expected features.

I don't mean to say it's fair to the developers, who are obviously hard-working, and from what I've seen up to now, are really into the source material, but there's little to be done. Also don't forget a lot of people who want to play ESO are possibly not seasoned MMO-players. Coming from single player experience where you (usually/ideally) get a more polished experience from the get-go, it might be disconcerting to be thrown into the unending work-in-progress that is any big MMO.

Having said that, I'd also hope people would try to be a bit more understanding, but I'm sure there's many (silent) people really enjoying the game.

Finally, I don't mean to doubt the OP's intentions but making a post in this vein might just be the complainers' equivalent to a red cloth in front of a bull. So don't get to frustrated with the comunity. Just because a lot of us don't post regularly to express positive sentiments, doesn't mean it's all doom and gloom. Play the game alongside the people who enjoy playing, and don't forget to have fun!

I understand where you're coming from but I don't agree on just a couple of things. First of all, we have all paid for ESO, yes, first month free included, but the 5 days early access were given to us for free as they are not part of the first month subscription. Early Access is the stage between beta and release in this instance and thus not presented as a "complete product". If it's still like this after launch(tomorrow), your point stands.

Secondly, I don't think this is the equivalent of, what you call, a red cloth in front a bull. To some degree this is of course complaining, I understand that, but the developers are hard working people who, I know, read the forums regularly. I think in between all the complaining and sometimes harsh and angry words, a little pat on the back is justified. I think they did a fantastic job creating this world for us to explore and I have no doubt that they will improve it both short-term and long-term.

I appreciate your post, though and I do think you and I share the same mindstate when it comes to ESO.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think they did a fantastic job, and very smooth so far. Servers haven't crashed but been taken down on purpose for restart/patch/etc. I know it isn't an MMO but the last game I played on a launch was Diablo 3, or should I say didn't play on launch because the servers were crashing left, right and center!

There are a few bugged quests and I think the biggest annoyance is to the beta testers who saw the bug in the beta and were disappointed it wasn't fixed. I understand that. What I don't understand is people in zone chat needing to whine about things being bugged every 2 minutes.

I think everyone needs to remind themselves that no game is perfect on launch and most get patched. If you feel a need to compare this to WoW (I played for 10 years), do you not remember some of the crazy and frustrating bugs that it had? From evade bug mobs, underground crafting nodes to bugged raid boss mechanics! I can't even recall specifics anymore, that is how much the bugs mattered in the long run:p But I would never expect a day 1 MMO to match to one that has had 11 years of polishing.
  • illipthgore
    lol you guys are funny, this is a MMO it has bad chat/grouping is a pain right there alone is reason to cancel subs and wait 6 months, Their Whole system for the mega server means that nearly any quest that isn't a standard go to there kill x go back has huge chance to bug out,

The servers haven't crashed no but theres tons and tons of ppl crashing all the time, I couldn't play most of yesterday in either cyrodiil or other maps because of the constant crashes that they still haven't said squat about, I filled 15-20 crash reports in 11 mins before giving up trying, and their lack of any communication on these subjects is bad too all I get is auto responces.
  • TheGodless1
    TheGodless1
    ✭✭✭
    This "basic ESO version" as u say cost well alot of money,

Actually it's quite typical of normal pricing for an MMO. If this is your first MMO, I can see how you could feel that way. If you are an MMO veteran, this is the same price. SWTOR had downtimes in its early release. So did Aion. In fact, I don't think anyone here would have made it through day 1 of Aion's pre-launch. You got to log-in for 1 hour, then had to log out for 4 hours, so another person could have their access too. And we paid the same price. Except the collector's edition didn't come with any physical items. So to sit here and watch you all cry and moan all the time about this subject just hurts. You don't know what a horrible launch is. Apparently not or you wouldn't be complaining. No log-in queues, a few bumps and bruises, we all lived to come here on the forums and beat this subject silly.

Just drop it already. You aren't that special that they are going to change everything because you think it's too expensive. Why did you buy it then if it set you back so much? It will be here for quite some time. Your own fault.
  • Getorix
    Getorix
    ✭✭✭
    Ive played in most AAA mmos released since EQ1 and this game is not even close to the top 20 as far as being buggy. Maybe most of the complainers are Single player people who aren't used to bugs being introduced during patches and fixed as they pop up.

Ive got some advice for those people, if bugs *** you off this bad then you should probably stick to single player games because you wont find an mmo without them, usually many of them.
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    basdisco wrote: »
    Why is there so much hate directed towards the developers? .................................

My compliments to the developers, they really don't get enough credit for this incredible world they've created.

Yes indeed. A compliment to the developers.
    Having said that; pointing out things that do not work is (in my opinion) Not complaining.
    Further... the Developers do not live in a vacuum. They do need feedback on how the game is received and perceived by those who (potentially) are willing to pay a subscription fee to play it.
    And than there is the winging factor. People air their frustrations on forums like this... it is expected...just ignore those who do it for nefarious reasons.