Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

What’s the drop rate for jewelry surveys?

Appleblade
Appleblade
✭✭✭✭✭
They seem a useful source for the mid level mats as my main crafter levels up. I got two in a row early on, but have not gotten one in 6 days of writs across 14 characters. That’s 84 writs.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one every 5 writs or so

Not sure though im low level and usually unlucky :)
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It also depends how many motifs you know as the more you know, the greater your chance of getting MW's. I have got 4 or 5 since I reached JC lvl 50 on my crafter - maybe 2 weeks ago now.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    It also depends how many motifs you know as the more you know, the greater your chance of getting MW's. I have got 4 or 5 since I reached JC lvl 50 on my crafter - maybe 2 weeks ago now.

OP is referring to writ surveys, @disintegr8, not master writs.

Motif knowledge does not influence jewelry survey drops.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 9, 2018 1:53AM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    had 4 surveys on the first day (11 toons)

had at least 1 per day since. best is 7 on 1 day.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My misunderstanding.

I've had truck loads of jewelry serveys as they drop regardless of what level writ you are doing and I'm doing jewelry daily writs on 13 characters - 12 of them level 1 writs. I average 2 - 3 a day.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My misunderstanding.

I've had truck loads of jewelry serveys as they drop regardless of what level writ you are doing and I'm doing jewelry daily writs on 13 characters - 12 of them level 1 writs. I average 2 - 3 a day.

Actually during the first 3 weeks of having 6 crafters (one at max level, 5 at level 1-10) I barely got enough surveys to get the platinum I needed for my max crafters dailies. (That was week 2-4 after SI launched on PC, and 630 platinum for crafting every day / 21 days)
    Since then its gotten better, I now have a stock of 4 surveys.

I will definately wait with leveling my alts in jewellery crafting, lower level alts seem to have a better chance at surveys and atm I don't see a way to support material supply via surveys only, if you only have max leveled crafters.
    Edited by Elsterchen on July 10, 2018 9:34PM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Elsterchen agree. I don't see any reason at the moment to put any skill points in my alts JC lines as there is no benefit in doing higher level dailies, so happy for them to keep doing level 1 writs just for surveys.

My main crafter is the only one maxed out on jewelry so he can harvest all of the surveys I get and pick up nothing but Platinum. I have refined enough dust to make about 3k of platinum and still have about 1500 dust.

I only do top tier writs on my master crafter. I see no point in doing top tier jewelry writs on other characters until master writs are actually worth getting.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The jewellery survey drop rates seems like the other survey drop rates to me, blacksmith, clothing and woodworking surveys.
    Pc na
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appleblade wrote: »
    They seem a useful source for the mid level mats as my main crafter levels up. I got two in a row early on, but have not gotten one in 6 days of writs across 14 characters. That’s 84 writs.

i got one the second day in, and havent gotten one since. im level 50 in jewelry and 8 trait on both rings and necklaces.

• TheGr8David
    TheGr8David
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably just bad RNG. I've been getting at least 1 a day from 1 of 2 characters that have JC certificates.
    PC-NA-EP

Argonian - StamDK - Tank - Leaves-Friends-Dead
    Orc - DK - Crafter - Burker

I saw the "I" yo! CHIM me baby!
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For about 2 weeks I was getting surveys pretty well. Since then I have received maybe 4 in the last 4 weeks. So to me they are essentially non existent. On both platforms.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do 15 toons worth of writs most days. I haven't kept detailed numbers but I'd put the drop rate on surveys at 10% - 20%, probably around 15%. I may start to keep some data to see if I can nail that number down a bit more.
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surprisingly for me, I get a good amount. I have horrible RNG with Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking surveys.