The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Something about the new patch 1.1

Perseas
Perseas
✭✭✭
I am a bit disappointed because many of the bugs we reported, there are not included in the fix.

I will give you an example.. There is a quest outside daggerfall city, we must speak with the guardians of the elements (earth, air, water) there is a huge series of quests with them.

The problem is that they speak german. I can prove it, because I recorded it in a video. I reported it as a bug, because I play english game, I am not german and I am dyslexic (that means, I listen the dialogues mostly, not reading huge txts) and it was disturbing... This series of quests is about 30min from our time and it was 30 disturbing minutes. But I see no fix in the 1.1 patch.

You must fix it, Germans may turn it into germanic sound, when they play, I dont want it....
Edited by Perseas on April 2, 2014 10:04PM
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly that bug is one of the lowest priority since it's just a cosmetic bug and doesn't block progress. I thought it was rather funny.

But there are quests bugs that do block progress such as "Ghosts of Westry" and "Mastering the Talisman" (both in Glenumbra) and they were not mentioned it the patch notes.
  • Hessen
    Hessen
    ✭✭
    Disturbing FFS :D
  • Ivselm
    Ivselm
    Honestly I found that bug to be awesome since you have to talk to a 'spiritual' entity. It gave that extra immersion not understanding them, truly out of this planet, hehe
  • gw2acc1b16_ESO
    Ivselm wrote: »
    Honestly I found that bug to be awesome since you have to talk to a 'spiritual' entity. It gave that extra immersion not understanding them, truly out of this planet, hehe

well, now imagine how it is if you actually understand them xD
    Edited by gw2acc1b16_ESO on April 3, 2014 1:02AM
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    Rytfield wrote: »
    Honestly that bug is one of the lowest priority since it's just a cosmetic bug and doesn't block progress. I thought it was rather funny.

But there are quests bugs that do block progress such as "Ghosts of Westry" and "Mastering the Talisman" (both in Glenumbra) and they were not mentioned it the patch notes.

The quests you refer, are not broken, I ve done them. You may experienced problem due to high traffic. I couldnt do some quests also, but when I tried them in late hours with low traffic or none traffic, I done quests without issues.

As for the quest, its different to make NPC speak and unknown language and different to speak german, that we all know what that is. Also, when you make NPC speak alien language, you give them small phrases, not whole conversations. It destroys the whole fun of the game and made it disturbing.. As I said i am dyslexic.
    Edited by Perseas on April 3, 2014 4:02AM
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they're aware one of the VOs is in German, not everything can get fixed overnight, and some things simply have higher priority.
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    Perseas wrote: »
    I am a bit disappointed because many of the bugs we reported, there are not included in the fix.

I will give you an example.. There is a quest outside daggerfall city, we must speak with the guardians of the elements (earth, air, water) there is a huge series of quests with them.

The problem is that they speak german. I can prove it, because I recorded it in a video. I reported it as a bug, because I play english game, I am not german and I am dyslexic (that means, I listen the dialogues mostly, not reading huge txts) and it was disturbing... This series of quests is about 30min from our time and it was 30 disturbing minutes. But I see no fix in the 1.1 patch.

You must fix it, Germans may turn it into germanic sound, when they play, I dont want it....

Its a bug that doesnt effect the progress in any way so the priority is really low,
    it could even happen that it will stay like that, because its a quite funny bug, or maybe its not even a bug.
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    For some people is funny and for some other people it is not... And if a VO's is german, maybe that explains all why they force users to listen german dialogues in english version of the game.
    If they keep it up or see it again in any quest, I wont be able to pay sub, I didnt paid for german propaganda. Its preposterous the least. If any person start speaking his language in an "english chat" he gets warnings.. how about the english game forcing u to listen foreign languages without any reason. Its not an assasins creed based in germany or an fps based in the 40s in germany... lol

this thing is not considered as a bug, but as an exploit thats how I see it... it disturbs me.
    Edited by Perseas on April 3, 2014 8:58AM
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    For some people is funny and for some other people it is not... And if a VO's is german, maybe that explains all why they force users to listen german dialogues in english version of the game.
    If they keep it up or see it again in any quest, I wont be able to pay sub, I didnt paid for german propaganda. Its preposterous the least. If any person start speaking his language in an "english chat" he gets warnings.. how about the english game forcing u to listen foreign languages without any reason. Its not an assasins creed based in germany or an fps in germany... lol

German Propaganda? Dude, WW2 is over ahahahah
    Just pretend it's Daedric or something - that's the only quest this happened to me and you can just skip that little dialog so really, you're making a storm in a cup of water. Just drink it.

EDIT: I mean really, you will not sub if yo usee that little glitch again? Guess it's better this way then.
    Edited by Zargorius on April 3, 2014 8:50AM
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    If they keep it up or see it again in any quest, I wont be able to pay sub, I didnt paid for german propaganda. Its preposterous the least. If any person start speaking his language in an "english chat" he gets warnings.. how about the english game forcing u to listen foreign languages without any reason. Its not an assasins creed based in germany or an fps based in the 40s in germany... lol

this thing is not considered as a bug, but as an exploit thats how I see it... it disturbs me.

What are you, why do you, did you even think a second befor you posted.

You can speak in any language in ESO's normal Chat.

Also German/Spain/France etc., are (forced) to listen to english words in nearly every game. So stop being a d... and deal with such a thing.
  • trueprestige
    trueprestige
    ✭✭
    I did't even know that was a bug? i thought it was an immersion thing as if they didn't speak english. then again i did read the dialouge too. I actually thought it was kinda cool. Now if it were french, we'd have a problem. hehe