The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

We need a trade broker for the players

Rosamond
Rosamond
✭✭
After playing early access, two things are apparent to me: 1- this is a great game, and 2- we need a player's broker so that the players can go to a trading house in game, post things for sale and buy things. This needs to be available to everyone, guilded or not, and it is the only way to resolve some of the economic problems in the game.
-
Problem: armor and other items are too expensive to buy from NPCs and the quality isn't very good either. Crafters can resolve this problem in a hurry and make the game better for all players if they can post their goods for sale on an open broker. As things are now, I can not make ends meet by going out an killing imps to get leather to make armor since the costs of armor repairs is disportionately high and the NPCs won't pay me a reasonable price for what I have to sell. (For those of you saying, OMG, she gets killed by imps?? I can only say, you are very perceptive. I am a crafter, not a fighter.)

NOT THE ANSWER- Auction houses are not the answer, they just clog up the chat channels with ads, and even in this discussion the dev is telling us not to try to sell items here, lol. That must be a measure of the desperation out there. Also not the answer: guild stores. They reach only guild members, and have no power to balance the economy. A game wide broker system would equalize prices for gear and other things by providing an economic system regulated by competition among the sellers. I played EQ2 for 8 years and the broker system there is excellent, and it works to everyone's advantage. Crafters and adventurers have a place to sell their items and people who need things will find better prices than they can get from NPC vendors or folks screaming prices in the chat channel. EQ2's system also has a 'broker commission' that siphons off 10-20% of the price which sucks some gold out of the game and acts to balance the economy.

I apologize for the length of this discussion but this is a very important matter for crafters to consider.
  • AnkaVanka
    AnkaVanka
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but I don't understand how auction houses clutter the chat with ads. In fact, what you refer to as broker system sounds to me exactly like an auction house, with the possiblity of placing both buy and sell orders.
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't miss the broker/auction houses ..... brings back a lot of memories touting for business in a town like the days of old.
  • Wildflower1
    I agree with both of you in the need for a place to sell to others. It seems to me that all the gold I make from crafting is less than the repair bills for armor damage. ESO seems to be pushing crafting a lot, but I have run out of bank and bag space pretty quickly. I'm still a low lv 10 and cannot afford the huge cost of a few added spaces for either. Bought the first lower cost spaces for way too much money too.

So I took someone's advice and made an alt for bag space...but their bank is the same space use. Come on ESO...what gives with each character not having some separate bank space...or more slots added with each character???