The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ADEPT RIDER PROBLEM

Sir_Highfield
Hey All,
I know Adept Rider isn't the greatest set to use, not even close. But I like to have fun sometimes. When you land off the mount the AEO lands 10 meters behind you and you have to run back to it. It takes the set from minimally usable to absolutely useless.
Can We have the AOE stick to the rider for 1 second on dismount so it ends up where you are on dismount? Please so I can have some fun.
Cheers!
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're doing that while moving and that is how it works.

This is likely actually intended for those times you are dismounted by the enemy, not intentionally yourself.
    You can fix it the way you want by dismounting while slowing/stopping where you want it to be.
  • Sir_Highfield

This is likely actually intended for those times you are dismounted by the enemy, not intentionally yourself.
    You can fix it the way you want by dismounting while slowing/stopping where you want it to be.

I bet it still doesn't place the AOE on your feet when you land. Who wants to slow down stop and get off nicely in the game? It is completely useless the way it is. It will become more (well slightly) more useful if it was given a second delay to proc. You may be right in saying what it is intended for, well (with respect) so what really? not trying dis you :) Let's make it better and worth crafting.
    Edited by Sir_Highfield on July 17, 2018 4:11AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet it still doesn't place the AOE on your feet when you land. Who wants to slow down stop and get off nicely in the game? It is completely useless the way it is. It will become more (well slightly) more useful if it was given a second delay to proc. You may be right in saying what it is intended for, well (with respect) so what really? not trying dis you :) Let's make it better and worth crafting.

Well, it's kind of a crap set. It relies on you dismounting so will only ever work to start combat, not in the middle of combat when you can't mount.
    I would avoid this set. Maybe ask for a change that will make it useful more than just once a fight. It probably shouldn't be a ground AoE DoT because of that limitation.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on July 17, 2018 4:19AM
  • Sir_Highfield

Well, it's kind of a crap set. It relies on you dismounting so will only ever work to start combat, not in the middle of combat when you can't mount.
    I would avoid this set. Maybe ask for a change that will make it useful more than just once a fight. It probably shouldn't be a ground AoE DoT because of that limitation.[/quote]

Yeah you are right it is kind of crap. There are definitely better sets to use. But a few of us want to make a cavalry toon, charge into a zerg and drop the one time AOE for fun where we land off the mount. The set give a little bit of protection until you land in there. It is crap but maybe a whole lot of fun. We already have boring meta builds.You know all we are going to see now is a billion people using Jesus beam again as they have given op templars even more buffing. A phalanx skill line would be cool too once we could do the cavalry thing lol.

I hope we can have some more left field slightly useless sets (instead of completely useless) to bring in some creativity instead of homogeneity.

Cheers!

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set in my opinion would work better if it worked liked leeching plates and healed you for all the damage it does, but instead of placing a cloud where you dismount, if instead after you dismount the cloud follows you for 30 seconds. Kinda like a "I got hit off but now I get half a minute of damage and healing for free" I think this is balanced because you can only activate it once per battle, so it should have a rather long duration for the effect. I would however argue that if it keeps the major evasion then the duration should be around 20 seconds instead as 3 effects for a 5 piece may be a bit much, but then again I have yet to see anyone craft this set for PvP.
    PvP needs more love.