The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Well done Zenimax

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very pleased with the game so far. Smooth launch, no lag, and maybe i am lucky but no bugs, quests or otherwise.
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had one buggy quest, disconnected a handful of times, and had to relog a few times to to boot a quest in the butt. Considering what I've been through in other game releases it has been most pleasent.
    Meh...**** it..
  • Shubuta
    Shubuta
    Wow, it's amazing seeing an MMO launch where people are as satisfied and excited as this. I just said to a guild mate today, "best MMO launch I've ever played," get to the forums and it's everyone else as well.

Nicely done Zenimax, I'd say you have pulled it off.

I have encountered a few bugs, crashes ect.. but nothing overly evasive.

I've been lost in the world since I started.
    Edited by Shubuta on April 2, 2014 3:25PM
  • Auralia
    Auralia
    ✭✭✭
    It may be smooth for some, but not others. Even though I have a new high end PC. I had login issues and kept getting kicked a few times and had a hard time trying to get back in. And sometimes very bad lag.

As well as encountering a few bugs such as helmet I just crafted ended up being deleted when my character was wearing it.

Even so I really enjoy this game.
  • KylesMoney
    KylesMoney
    Soul Shriven
    I've been looking forward to this for a long time, and heard a lot of doubt, but this early launch had been impressive.

I've encountered some problems with being booted, my character walking through things & an npc not showing, but all the issues solved themselves. Even with those tiny ordeals, this game is amazing and with the sub model, I'm sure it will get better.

Well done Zenimax.
    Edited by KylesMoney on April 2, 2014 11:37AM
  • Aballister
    Aballister
    ✭✭✭
    Hit a couple of bugs along the way, but as launches go it's been pretty smooth
    Dark Elf Sorc(AD)
  • eod1sg
    eod1sg
    Soul Shriven
    So far, so good!! I have been very pleased with the launch and game so far. Started about 10 minutes before the official start of the 5 day early access and was very pleased that it was already up and running. Having played in the three weekend Beta stress tests I can say that there is much improvement with the game.

I have only had one crash, a couple of game reboots, and three or four /reloadui's. During the Beta tests I lost count of these so, yes they fixed many issues that I was having.

I only had one bugged quest that was not fixed by one of the above and the maintenance that was performed on Tuesday fixed that! Lag has not been an issue for me in PvE and only had the slightest bit of lag in PvP but nothing like the Beta's thankfully.

Played Fallen Earth (was I the only one?), SWTOR, and Rift at launch I have to say that this launch was much more well done. The only other MMO that I play is WoW and so far this has a much more engaging storyline for me. I feel more engaged and vested in my character in much the same way that I felt when playing good old AD&D on paper.

Well done Zenimax, well done. I hope that there are more great things to come!!
    Edited by eod1sg on April 2, 2014 12:30PM
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
    -Chief Tecumseh-
  • SilkyBlueCoral
    SilkyBlueCoral
    Soul Shriven
    Totally agree, I've been really enjoying myself.
    I played a few beta weekends, and I've only run into one 'pain in the butt' issue since launch.
    I never understood all the negative feedback during beta. I get bugs are bad, but it's software... And a Beta... I just assumed the people complaining have never been in a software design world with deadlines to meet. And have no idea what Beta means
    I'm more of a PvE than PvP, so I may be missing the PvP issues.

I've particularly been loving the better loot and the increase in the number of chests found :)

Good Job ESO Devs!!!!

• Spriggen
    Spriggen
    ✭✭✭
    Great launch IMO apart from this issue they are having today. Pretty happy with the game and I will be staying for a few months that's for sure.
  • iroc57b14_ESO
    iroc57b14_ESO
    ✭✭
    I'm extremely disappointed personally. Not enough to stop playing of course, love the game, pleased with the performance of the servers, but the bugs seem to be purposely put on the backburner. And I don't care about new bugs introduced by a patch, I mean bugs that were in existence for 4 betas and common knowledge. I couldn't believe frog race was still getting stuck when I got to it lol. And of course I don't care about frogs racing, but if you're not going to fix a quest, remove it and put it back in later. No need to draw attention to the bug by leaving it sitting there.

But either way I'm still playing lol
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is f'n great!

(now, if they can only figure out this whole boss respawn timer thingy)
  • LandoMoonHunter
    LandoMoonHunter
    Soul Shriven
    Yea Its the Elder Scrolls Universe I been follow the Elder Scrolls for awhile now
  • ricku1967
    ricku1967
    Best MMO i have played in a decade, hands down. with all my settings set to Ultra/high, i have No latency, No lag, the game looks fantastic.. i have completed well over 50 quests and only had 2 quests that were bugged. Maybe i am one of the lucky ones when it comes to bugged quests, but it hasnt been a problem at all for me. Zenimax has done a great job with this game. Cant wait to get home from work to log more time in game.
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭
    I've played a lot of these games and this one is without a doubt the best. The bugs and maintenance were to be expected, but aside from those, what a great game.

Thanks!
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    I love you guys o_o
    Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty pleased with the optimization and and gameplay so far. You can tell the game is well crafted unlike those buggy/laggy theme park MMOs that Korea churns out and loosely translates into English.

I'm also surprised at how well it runs on my hardware. Everything maxxed out on an 8730m. The recommended card is a 6950? Guess they over estimated lol.

Edit: near 0 latentcy, no random and dramatic frame rate drops (cough tera) and no bugs as of yet.
    Edited by Invincible on April 3, 2014 1:22AM
  • firehawk2324
    firehawk2324
    ✭✭✭
    "But... but... but... I paid for this game! I have the right to play it! You have no right to take the servers down!"

You're going to see that for a while. Remember, tomorrow, a fresh wave of players will be joining the servers.
    Why not? Something has to work. Once, I dug a pit and filled it with clouds. Or was it clowns? Doesn't matter. It didn't slow him down. To be honest, it wasn't the best idea. And it really began to smell. Must have been clowns. Clouds don't smell bad. They taste of butter! And tears. - Sheogorath
  • fearzffs
    fearzffs
    Soul Shriven
    no. the launch was quite shaky and there are still a lot of bugs. But the game is good and enjoyable. First time I am playing an ES game still I love the quests and I love the mechanics but this launch was not steady and it was not good compared to other new mmo titles and had come out. I think the launch could have been held back with a month or so so they will have enough time to fix issues since they currently do have a lot of quest bugs.
  • bFunk
    bFunk
    I love the game but I agree the launch date should've been delayed to fix more bugs. I played SWTOR during launch which had no stability issues and no bugs at all. TES Online seems to be a swamp of bugs, I constantly have to log off/on to see if I can fix it that way (after already having tried /reloadui). Sometimes the client crashes, in parties with a friend of mine we sometimes are sync'd with the same quest objective and see each other and some times we don't see each other. Leaving the party and relogging fixes this somehow. As said, development still has a lot to work on. And client relations can also be improved.

The fact that the servers are brought down before the official opening was a surprise to me and my friend who had an evening of gaming planned, and Zenimax had this planned when the official opening was set and the early access was opened to us. They could have simply put an announcement in the login screen for us during early access warning us about the upcoming server coming down for TES:O opening.