The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Aetherial Dust - Just one question.

Tonestar34
Question, how does one find this dust???
This ingredient must be really, really rare... I piece of this stuff goes for a mint... And it is required Aetherial Ambrosia.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its very rare. You find it in random crafting nodes in base game zones (excluding Craglorn which has nirncrux instead). I've found it in Bal Foyen, Stros M'Kai and Grahtwood, but others have found it other places.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 14, 2018 4:02AM
  • Tonestar34
    Thanks for the response.
    Guess I shouldn't of purchases that potion without checking the fine print of the ingredients. Whoopsie... Its a little redundant at the moment.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found my first dust in Stros M’kai as well ... back in June.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ist really rare, havent found one in 1,5 years and I farm quite a lot :#
    Edited by sudaki_eso on July 14, 2018 8:02AM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I farm about 1000 raw materials (plus flowers, mushrooms and runes) each day and on average I get one every two months. It is very rare and I would say you can't actually 'farm' it.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Along with Aetherial Dust, the most rare find is the cipher, it is by far the rarest thing in the game. Would love to hear where people found them.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note, there are two aetherial potions. They’re like mythical and dininished or something. Mythical is 150% xp and the recipe and dust are ultra ultra rare drops from nodes. If you bought the regular aetherial ambrosia recipe that gives 100% xp, the dust is sold for writ vouchers.

Neither are particularly cost effective, in my opinion.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Neither are particularly cost effective, in my opinion.

Yep, the normal Psijic Ambrosia is far more cost effective and especially the fact that you can 'easily' make it for yourself makes it a much better XP boost. The 150% potion is really only for those who have a lot of gold and little time ;)
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found three dusts, two in Reapers March and one in Alik'r Desert.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually not sure if the phrase "very rare" even applies to this dust. I do a lot of farming to make gold, but I don't make it a mission, and I have only have two In my mind, the proper phrase is "almost non-existent". The drop rate is pretty low. There are a lot of zeros between that decimal point and the first number in the % chance to for it to come up. ZOS probably has to use both fingers and toes to get it right. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the one on a character I was leveling. Never found any after that, it stays in my craft bag to remind that I dont have the cipher to use it. :'(
  • Aarlur
    Aarlur
    ✭✭✭
    I am playing since beta, and I am farming a lot. I mean, tens of thousands (maybe over 100k? I dont know) nods. Never found any.
  • Tonestar34
    I was in Reapers March tonight and actually had it drop!!! I got it with some ancestor silk while I was running towards my next quest...

I got all excited thinking I could make my xp potion... Turns out I can't read... I need Diminished Aetherial...

Dagnamit...
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've found one since it was introduced, and I can't even tell you where it came from.

Just happened to notice it in the craft bag one day.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aarlur wrote: »
    I am playing since beta, and I am farming a lot. I mean, tens of thousands (maybe over 100k? I dont know) nods. Never found any.

Same here.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just recently found the recipe for Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia and suddenly had an interest in the dust. For me, my best source is going to be via writ vouchers. One of them costs 50 vouchers. Quite pricey, but at least I know I can get it if I want it bad enough. Last time I checked, I could make about 88K selling a batch(4) of Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia at guild traders. I haven't crunched the numbers, but like someone else already said, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Now with the stupid daily rewards and the XP scrolls falling from the sky, who knows if it's even worth it.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!