The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Siege Equipment

JaredDragonclaw
We’ve been conquering with the same siege weapons and tactics for some time now. Let’s spice it up a bit. How about adding ladders as a new tool to breach the outer walls. This would add a new dimension to both defense and offense and would allow solo pvpers to make an impact on taking a keep.

We could even add in an option to open the outer door from the inside, say something that requires a timer of 5-10 seconds completely uninterrupted in order to complete. This adds the element of infiltration and add additional guards patrolling near the interior of the main gate to add another layer of difficulty in completing this action.

Ladders should not be able to be placed or scaled while in stealth because there’s just nowhere to hide while climbing 20’ in the air. These of course should only be able to be placed on the standard height lower exterior walls and not used to climb the highest towers. We just can’t carry ladders that tall.

It’s time to mix it up a bit and I think this would be an exciting and easy new feature to implement. Let’s make it happen!
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if we had ladders and perhaps more alliance war skill lines such as ‘sapper’ and other siege roles available.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a nuke that I could place somewhere and has a 1 minute timer to arm.
    When it explodes, it kills everybody from both opposing factions that is near a keep of their own.

Those that are near enemy keeps are rewarded for offensive gameplay and get an oblivion dot instead that stuns them for 5 seconds and deals 11k oblivion damage per second (but should be purgeable).

I think that's awesome! Aaand following the current game design pattern. Maybe we could also make a craftable set that has this effect as a five piece. Trigger conditions should be different though, because the damage is very high. Maybe an 80% chance to place the bomb on yourself whenever you hold block? Cooldown should then be 18 seconds imho because of the hard conditions.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Damien_Uvirith
    Cyrodiil is barely able to function the way siege is currently designed, so doubt any new siege varieties are on the way (or will ever be).