The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please, give us prisoner crafting style retrospectively.

Elvira
Elvira
✭✭✭
I really like prisoner style shoes and would like to have them in my main's outfit. But to get it you must "reach level 40", which however does not work for older characters which already were past level 40 at the moment of outfits introduction. I play with only one character and I really hate the idea to grind up to level 40 with some alt I don't give a damn about just to unlock this single style. I _already have_ level 40 character, so why the outfit is not given to such accounts?
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same should be the case for ANY level-up-rewards. I already have all the chars I want, and I don't want to level up a new char only for the rewards.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No leveling rewards were given retroactively. If exceptions start to be made, then there's just too much of a slippery slope.

As ZOS opened up another paid character slot to specifically address availability, that is your sole route.
    signing off
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like prisoner crafting Style, it might turn out to be a costume.
  • Elvira
    Elvira
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    No leveling rewards were given retroactively. If exceptions start to be made, then there's just too much of a slippery slope.

As ZOS opened up another paid character slot to specifically address availability, that is your sole route.

No offense but I think that's up for Zenimax to decide. I always wonder what drives people to hurry up to turn down something for someone even if it essentially does not represent any harm to them. :-P
    Edited by Elvira on July 16, 2018 1:54AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvira wrote: »

No offense but I think that's up for Zenimax to decide. I always wonder what drives people to hurry up to turn down something for someone even if it essentially does not represent any harm to them. :-P

He's just saying what ZoS already has. This was brought up during PTS and they said "no"
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    I would like prisoner crafting Style, it might turn out to be a costume.
    Actually its outfit style options - for the stuff you started the game with in the coldharbour prison tutorial.

And yeah, the only way to grab it is get a new character to 40... not really that big a deal tho.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Retroactively

Unless you just want to think about them
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I reached the level at which they now give you a free horse like a week before they introduced level up rewards and raised the prices of mounts bought at stables. What I learned was “too bad, deal with it.” Level a new toon. Done.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the entitlement threads continue unmitigated ...
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    Also, I reached the level at which they now give you a free horse like a week before they introduced level up rewards and raised the prices of mounts bought at stables. What I learned was “too bad, deal with it.” Level a new toon. Done.

As I recall, they didn't change the prices for the ones in the stables. The cheap horse is now a free unlock, but the expensive ones stayed right where they landed back in 2015, when the mount system was originally overhauled.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »

As I recall, they didn't change the prices for the ones in the stables. The cheap horse is now a free unlock, but the expensive ones stayed right where they landed back in 2015, when the mount system was originally overhauled.

Hm, so before the level up rewards system one horse was 10k and the other three were 45k? And they made the 10k one free upon leveling instead?
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should level up a new character and try a new class and race. It is actually fun!
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol it takes a few hours to get 1->50 these days, just do that and delete the character afterwards if it’s such an issue.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Lol it takes a few hours to get 1->50 these days, just do that and delete the character afterwards if it’s such an issue.

I have 14 max level characters which means I’ve already spent money on 6 extra slots. Two of those were bought just to be able to play warden - on the top of a pricy “chapter”. Now to unlock the lvl 18 storage chest and the lvl 40 prisoner style I would need to buy one more slot again, that I have no intention to use. It also means that one of the achievements is now behind a paywall for me. Most players can have it for free. Basically some of us are being penalised because we spent money on this game in the past.

Give me a free slot and I’ll be happy to work for these rewards.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SickDuck wrote: »
    It also means that one of the achievements is now behind a paywall for me. Most players can have it for free.

you can still get it for free and it is not behind a paywall at all. please dont spread misinformation and lies like that. If you choose not to use your free option to get it, thats on you.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about more slots, 20 in all.

We need a role for every class.
    1. tank,
    2. healer
    3. stamina damage dealer
    4. Magic damage dealer
    This would fix the problem. As far as deleting and starting over it takes 6 months to level horse so no.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    It also means that one of the achievements is now behind a paywall for me. Most players can have it for free.

you can still get it for free and it is not behind a paywall at all. please dont spread misinformation and lies like that. If you choose not to use your free option to get it, thats on you.

It is behind a paywall FOR ME as I mentioned. Unless if I delete a fully levelled character ofc, then you are right...
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

1. tank,
    2. healer
    3. stamina damage dealer
    4. Magic damage dealer
    This would fix the problem. As far as deleting and starting over it takes 6 months to level horse so no.
    Still falls short if you want dedicated PvP characters too, though.

I'm surprised they haven't implemented an option to have import/export service tokens, so you could effectively archive an existing character without losing the progress. It would be encrypted, account linked (no selling), and they'd get paid both directions.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is behind a paywall FOR ME as I mentioned. Unless if I delete a fully levelled character ofc, then you are right...

it is NOT behind a paywall for you. at all.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the other leveling rewards can be gotten one way or another besides leveling, except that crafting style.
  • Skua
    Skua
    ✭✭✭
    You could delete the character after you level it up for the rewards if you don't like having more than one.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

1. tank,
    2. healer
    3. stamina damage dealer
    4. Magic damage dealer
    Still falls short if you want dedicated PvP characters too, though.

I'm surprised they haven't implemented an option to have import/export service tokens, so you could effectively archive an existing character without losing the progress. It would be encrypted, account linked (no selling), and they'd get paid both directions.

Good point didn't consider PVP since I mostly PVE. What I think would help with CP is if they would give us a slot like the clothing for how we set up CP. So you could setup a CP for pve and another for pvp.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about before adding any new things/motifs to the outfit system,You give us a way to hide every single hideous shoulder piece in the game.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So the wait for the moment when you think of a better name,want to change race or decide you can tweak their appearance.Worked for me.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So the wait for the moment when you think of a better name,want to change race or decide you can tweak their appearance.Worked for me.

Not sure I get it. How would that work for lvl 50+ characters?
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it is NOT behind a paywall for you. at all.

I guess one of us does not understand. Please tell me how can I get it for free and I will be forever in your debt.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lolol of course they did
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you delete and reroll the toon
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you delete and reroll the toon

Nah.
    If you like your toon, you can keep it!
    You just... have to make another alt - the outfit unlocks are account wide after all.